Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Some of the stick Parker gets is unbelievable imo. Quite happy for him to go for £7million though. Butt is a better DM and the money could be better spent elsewhere.

I think over his time at the club there have been more posts on this forum claiming how great he is and that is what is unbelievable.

There was a time not too long ago when those who thought Parker was crap and said so were in a very small minority on here. It seems he's been sussed now by the majority. It took a long time but that's ok, just as long as this heap of talentless s**** buggers off.

I was having a dig at the sheep. I think you called him right before most, along with Crumpy, although the criticism was ott. He's a canny player but nothing special imo. I think a move suits all parties.

In fairness though i called it very early in the peace - ie. at the time of his signing - and when the vast majority were salivating over his 'gutsy defensive hacker-esque' performances under Clueless, when utilized as a sideline-to-sideline protector of the back 4, i also claimed that this particular role upset our formational balance across the midfield line.

Well done to you too then ;)

I knew he was shit the first time I saw that MacDonald's advert.

Parker joins West Ham United

06/06/2007 15:38 

West Ham United are delighted confirm that Scott Parker today completed a £7 million transfer from Newcastle United.

Alan Curbishley made the accomplished England international his first signing of the summer as the midfielder pen to paper on a five-year contract with the Hammers

"I'm delighted Scott has agreed to sign for us," said Curbs. "Our relationship goes back some time to when he first joined Charlton as a schoolboy.

"He's coming to the Club knowing full well that we're trying to push forward and he wants to be part of that. Firstly he wants to improve our team; then he wants to improve his chances of forcing his way back into the England scene.

"He has been captain of Newcastle over the last couple of seasons and he is exactly the type of player that I wanted to bring to the Club. He's very experienced but still young and I'm sure he's going to be a big asset to West Ham."

Good luck to him. West Ham are cunts but i appreciate the effort Parker put in for us. He didn't have a great season last year but he had an excellent first season. He's clearly got the ability to be a good defensive midfielder, just needs to be a bit more disciplined.

Good luck to him. West Ham are c***s but i appreciate the effort Parker put in for us. He didn't have a great season last year but he had an excellent first season. He's clearly got the ability to be a good defensive midfielder, just needs to be a bit more disciplined.

Here here

especially since he wanted out anyway.

He was reluctant according to the journal

Guest johnson293

Hopefully its £7 million with addons based on appearances making it up to the originally mentioned £8.5 million.

This should be announced to the LSE - that may say whether its £7m + add-ons - pretty sure the statement when Jenas was sold did.

Guest teepee

i'd still rather keep him. sell emre if anyone are to be sold tbh

imo we'll end up needing another cm if/when he goes - a squad player type

personally i'd love to see leon andreasen of werder bremen/mainz - class hard working player with a great strike on him. can also play dc

i'd still rather keep him. sell emre if anyone are to be sold tbh

imo we'll end up needing another cm if/when he goes - a squad player type

personally i'd love to see leon andreasen of werder bremen/mainz - class hard working player with a great strike on him. can also play dc

Erm, he's left already. And we've sort of already replaced him too...

Parker has been replaced. Emre needs to go now.

Sure, let's not give him a chance under new leadership, knowing full well he's a quality player on his day as Wullie just stated.

Don't need Nolan now we have an attacking midfielder in Barton.

Why do i get the feeling that the Barton thing was only going through after Parker had gone. Does this indicate a lack of funds?