England v Brazil

Guest BooBoo

How much is Vagner Love valued at? Good potential Newcastle signing? Especially if Owen goes. Would prefer him as a replacement to Ameobi though.

think something around £3-5m-ish, but dont know the values of players in russia

Just hope it's a good game. I always enjoy watching Brazil play and I think the fact they'll be facing an England team that'll be scared of it's own shadow will play into their hands. Nice big pitch to knock it about and if Brazil are up for it - they'll hit 3 or 4 past us.

How much is Vagner Love valued at? Good potential Newcastle signing? Especially if Owen goes. Would prefer him as a replacement to Ameobi though.

think something around £3-5m-ish, but dont know the values of players in russia

The Russians pay big money and expect big money back, if he's good enough to be in the NT then he's worth £10m no doubt about it.

The Russian teams have forked out some mental money on only decent players in recent history.

PS: They paid £4.5m for him.

I'm not at all sure about this Owen-Smith pairing up front. I don't see England getting much out of it. I have to admit that I'm happy to see Beckham back, though. Putting Lampard out there is a joke, imo. But I'll be interested to see what England can do against Brazil, even in a friendly.

My prediction, 2-0 Brazil. (Love, Kaka)

I'm not at all sure about this Owen-Smith pairing up front. I don't see England getting much out of it. I have to admit that I'm happy to see Beckham back, though. Putting Lampard out there is a joke, imo. But I'll be interested to see what England can do against Brazil, even in a friendly.

haha. Everyone loves Love now.

"Man I love da Love!"

Reet I'm doing:

England HT/FT £20 7/2

Beckham First Goal £5 12/1

England 2 Brazil 1 Correct Score £5 9/1

and double England 2 Brazil 0 + Jole Cole First Goal £2 90/1

Atleast i won't have to put up with that fucking constant, absolutely rotten, trumpet for 90 minutes. That Albania game was God awful. Constant humming bellow from this trumpet. No tune or nowt, just a noise. What's the fucking point?

"Man I love da Love!"

Yeah, I'm just pulling that out of my #ss.  ;D I figure he's one of two strikers out there and he'll want to prove something to break into the team. So, yeah, why not?

"Man I love da Love!"

Yeah, I'm just pulling that out of my #ss.  ;D I figure he's one of two strikers out there and he'll want to prove something to break into the team. So, yeah, why not?

strange though that brazil wont start with proper strikers like Ronaldo or Adriano, but use 2 CF's as strikers. Could be difficult if Love and Robinho get too low on the pitch

Forget Love, Big Danny Carvalho is where its at as far as CSKA are concerned.

Brazil squad...

Doni (Roma)

Helton (Porto)

Daniel Alves (Sevilla)

Maicon (Inter Milan)

Gilberto (Hertha Berlin)

Marcelo (Real Madrid)

Juan (Bayer Leverkeusen)

Alex (PSV)

Alex Silva (Sao Paulo)

Naldo (Werder Bremen)

Gilberto Silva (Arsenal)

Edmilson (Barcelona)

Josue (Sao Paulo)

Mineiro (Hertha Berlin)

Elano (Shaktar Donetsk)

Diego (Werder Bremen)

Kaka (AC Milan)

Ronaldinho (Barcelona)

Robinho (Real Madrid)

Vagner Love (CSKA Moscow)

Jo (CSKA Moscow)

Afonso Alves (Heerenveen).

Guest bluegeordie

This man has the potential to be the worst England manager in living history.

And yes even worse than Sven, Taylor ect.

Agreed, and in fact if McClaren survives much longer then his competition for the title of "Worst English Manager Ever" may well move beyond history, and into the realms of fiction. Mike Bassett anyone :razz: ? No, depending on who is running around in the lower leagues at the moment , and regardless of form, there's every chance that Owen and Smith will lose out to the untried combination of Benson and Hedges ... 

TEAM NEWS: Here England's starting line-up - Paul Robinson, Jamie Carragher, Ledley King, John Terry, Nicky Shorey, David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, Alan Smith and Michael Owen.

TEAM NEWS: Here England's starting line-up - Paul Robinson, Jamie Carragher, Ledley King, John Terry, Nicky Shorey, David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, Alan Smith and Michael Owen.

Jamie Carragher is a competent full back. Alan Smith fully deserves his call up. And Gerrard/Lampard is going to work.

:uglystupid2:

...ya, i couldn't find a working pic of a sarcasm detector... :undecided:

Guest bluegeordie

Jamie Carragher is a competent full back. Alan Smith fully deserves his call up. And Gerrard/Lampard is going to work.

:uglystupid2:

...ya, i couldn't find a working pic of a sarcasm detector... :undecided:

Yes, and allegedly McClaren is going to return to Planet Earth for the post-match press conference ...

Guest kingdawson

What's Shearer talking about "Carragher's very good at right back", yeh sure he is Alan :uglystupid2: