Dein to be offered role of Chief Executive

stozo

Does he still own shares in Arsenal?

Was he the guy who said the Fa should pay us £20m compensation for Owen as well?

He made a clean break did'nt he? no shares kept (i think)

and yup he did say the FA should have paid us a large sum of comp over Owen.

Does he still own shares in Arsenal?

If he does i suppose thats an issue for him being involved with us?

The reason I ask is because I'm not sure he would be allowed to run Newcastle while standing to make a financial gain from another clubs possible success.

He could not take any kind of role here ike that if he still owned shares in the Gooners...

I'n sure selling them wouldn't be an issue, he could just transfer them to his wife or son if he wanted to keep them.

And finally what are David Dein’s plans for the future and specifically his intentions in relation to his 14.6% share holding in Arsenal Holdings plc?

PHW: Well I don’t know the definite answer to either of those questions. So far as his shareholding is concerned that is a matter for him I can’t comment I don’t know. So far as his future is concerned again I don’t know, I would obviously like to wish him all the best for whatever role he wishes to play in the future.

SOURCE - http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=461912&cpid=703&title=Hill-Wood+on+Dein's+departure++-+Transcript

This is absolutely fuckin' insane if it happened. Ashley would be turning the club in the direction it should have been going a long time ago. Fat Fred are you watching?

Yeah cos someone of Dein's calibre was flicking the chronicle job page every thursday for the last 10 years.

David Dein would be a fantastic appointment to the board.  :thup:

Did marvelous things as Chief Executive at Arsenal and consistently represented his club in good light, i know he tried to get Sir Bobby Robson after he Won the Portuguese league and Cup double at Porto to replace Graham at Arsenal in 1995 which would of been fantastic for them.

David Dein being offered the job of Chief Executive would prove to be very good for Newcastle United can only see this happening however if Shepherd is to sell up to Ashley there is no way David Dein would be allowed to work under Shepherd.

If only.

Curious the friction that might be caused with Allardyce who has been very critical of Dein in the past.

I think they would put aside those differences though, you would hope so at least, as both are visionairies that could take the club to great things.

If Dein did come (and we dont know if even Ashley is coming yet) then it would be with a view to getting Wenger imo. The Allahdyce issue wouldnt be a problem then.

(sic)

As much as I'd feel sorry for Allardyce, I'd have to agree.

The thought of watching us play the football Arsenal do would be too much to resist, he's on a whole other level to Sam tbh.

This is absolutely fuckin' insane if it happened. Ashley would be turning the club in the direction it should have been going a long time ago. Fat Fred are you watching?

Yeah cos someone of Dein's calibre was flicking the chronicle job page every thursday for the last 10 years.

What is your problem? Why do all your posts reek of sarcasm? If you do wish to make a fair comment about the unavailability of decent Directors of Football, not only is it untrue, it can be made in a civil fuckin' fashion.

What is your problem? Why do all your posts reek of sarcasm? If you do wish to make a fair comment about the unavailability of decent Directors of Football, not only is it untrue, it can be made in a civil fuckin' fashion.

:lol:

Hands on hips and posting? Very impressive.