Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parker failed his medical or are we waiting for one of their players to agree terms with us as part of the deal? Has to be one of the above or surley the deal would be done by now, he agree'd terms we agree'd a fee.

I feel like I'm living in dreamland...

Out

Bramble/Roeder/Parker/Shepherd/Moore/Dyer... hopefully Carr/Babayaro/Ramage/Ameobi to follow as well...

In

Mike Ashley/David Dein/Sam Allardyce/Joey Barton/Viduka/Ben Haim/Leighton Baines/ and many more

Would be elated if all this happened.

This does have the makings of our best closed season we've had for years, we just need shepherd to get his act together and do what's best for the club while he still makes a fortune, that way we all come out as winners and the manager can start spending his expanded transfer kitty.

To be fair though their is so much quality even on frees that there should be no excuses.

Just reaffirmed on SSN that this will only happen if Parker completes his move to West Ham. So expect some action tomorrow on both fronts.

Suggests that until the takeover we really are skint really then doesn't it.

Or that the current board are not willing to spend knowing there on the way out??

Just reaffirmed on SSN that this will only happen if Parker completes his move to West Ham. So expect some action tomorrow on both fronts.

tbf, I doubt Shepherd would want to part with any money if he knows he's going to lose the club in the near future.

If Barton was signing for anyone else, it'll all be "he's a lunatic, a loose cannon, never settle in, waste of money".

Being a NUFC fan is funny as fuck.

Barton is a good and more all rounded player than Parker and we're making a profit out of these two deals. I have to say I'm suitably pleased.

Having said that, he IS a headcase and lunatic so there's always a worry but I'm more happy than not.

Not sure about that, can't really replace Parker only for him to end up staying.

Guest graemeh72

tbf, I doubt Shepherd would want to part with any money if he knows he's going to lose the club in the near future.

Can he part with any money?

To be fair though their is so much quality even on frees that there should be no excuses.

I'm not using it as an excuse but it would be best for Allardyce to know what he's got to work with.  It's no good him bringing people in only to find that he could have got somebody better.

Guest Invicta_Toon

fucking disgusting piece of business, worse than Viduka

*trawls back for initial reactions to Bowyer's signing*

Guest graemeh72

Lets re-sign Bellamy

and then we can room the two cunts ...

.......anyone for golf?

Parker failed his medical or are we waiting for one of their players to agree terms with us as part of the deal? Has to be one of the above or surley the deal would be done by now, he agree'd terms we agree'd a fee.

I'm pretty sure Parker has just got back from a holiday therefore could not complete the move until early this week. Allardyce is playing it cool making sure one transfer happens in accordance with the other.

It's not his money and will make no difference to the offer that's on the table.

Just for fun:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z223/nufc4ever/a8c5ee30.jpg

Christ. Was it just Tickle vs Thorman in that match with a Horne cameo

Parker out for about £8.5m and Barton in for about £5.5m - not bad at all IMO.

If those figuers are correct it makes excellent value, for a player who IMO, is far more talented.

3m can go a long way.

i'm neither happy nor angry about these transfers for once, i guess time will tell who has got the better deal I just hope that all those who do not approve of Barton for whatever reason now get behind him when he is playing in the black and white shirt like we should any other player.

Guest Invicta_Toon

so Parker wasn't even here? when is Allardyce supposedly have tried to persuade him to stay?

Guest Invicta_Toon

fucking disgusting piece of business, worse than Viduka

*trawls back for initial reactions to Bowyer's signing*

Good luck with that.

aye, thanks to the ethnic cleansing by HTT