Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ahill92

Are the police still looking into the GBH charge?  He'll probably get sent down just after he signs

Guest Invicta_Toon

Excellent improvement on Parker...at last we might see some 'Go' in out midfield because what excatly did Parker do????????????!!!

As long as he performs on the pitch i dont give a monkeys!!!!

Joey Bartoon!!!!!

and you've never once commented on Bowyer or Dyer I guess

although tbf, Joey does his fighting off the pitch

fucking disgusting piece of business, worse than Viduka

*trawls back for initial reactions to Bowyer's signing*

Good luck with that.

aye, thanks to the ethnic cleansing by HTT

Got to maintain the forum tbh, the oldest thread is currently 18th April 2006.

In the deleted bin it goes back even less.

Maybe its just a case Barton holding on until he is sure Parker is away before he signs for us..

Parker was in London on Thursday having talks with the Hammers was'nt he?

Maybe so but Newcastle would still have needed word on whether he actually wanted to move there. For some reason deals often get confirmed early in the week, there is nothing to say we were not talking to Barton at the same time.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Are the police still looking into the GBH charge?  He'll probably get sent down just after he signs

he can share a wagon with Allardyce after the bung enquiry finishes

Guest graemeh72

Parker or Barton

Well we were one nil down with 5 to play, I know who I would want in my team

Guest Invicta_Toon

fucking disgusting piece of business, worse than Viduka

*trawls back for initial reactions to Bowyer's signing*

Good luck with that.

aye, thanks to the ethnic cleansing by HTT

Got to maintain the forum tbh, the oldest thread is currently 18th April 2006.

In the deleted bin it goes back even less.

need thread moderation, keep quantity down, quality up

far too many people getting away with rank hypocrisy on here at the moment

I think Barton is a better player than Parker, though admittedly not by a massive distance.

His off-field problems are a major concern, but MAGIC Sam obviously thinks he can deal with this. Just have to see.

Well if the BBC story about the Blades being in contention for re-instatement is true then you would have thought Parker might wait until 18th June before he signs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6716185.stm

It's an interesting angle, but I cannot for the life of me see that happening. Right or wrong they've made their decision now, they're not going to change it to such a catastrophic degree.

Well if the BBC story about the Blades being in contention for re-instatement is true then you would have thought Parker might wait until 18th June before he signs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6716185.stm

It's an interesting angle, but I cannot for the life of me see that happening. Right or wrong they've made their decision now, they're not going to change it to such a catastrophic degree.

Would be funny if he signed though then they get relegated on June 18th  :lol:

Disciplinary problems

Manchester City considered sacking Barton after an incident at a Christmas party where he poked a cigar in junior player Jamie Tandy's eye. The following summer Barton was sent home from a pre-season tournament in Thailand after becoming involved in a fight with a young Everton supporting child,[4] and also saw an altercation with team-mate Richard Dunne which resulted in Dunne injuring his foot after kicking a wall in anger. These incidents resulted in Barton undergoing anger management therapy at the request of Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce and paying out £120,000 in club fines.[5]

On 30 September 2006, he was captured by television cameras[6] exposing his rear end to Everton fans following Manchester City's injury-time equaliser in a game at Goodison Park.[7] On October 10, Merseyside Police looked into it but took no further action, but Barton was fined £2,000 and warned about his future conduct by the FA, escaping a ban.

On 13 March 2007, Barton was arrested on suspicion of criminal assault and criminal damage after an alleged argument with a taxi driver in Liverpool, while going to his hotel after a match.[8]

On 1 May 2007, Barton was suspended by Manchester City until the end of the 2006/07 season, after a training ground incident during which he assaulted his team mate Ousmane Dabo. Dabo stated that he had been hit several times, and had to go to hospital after suffering injuries to his head during the incident, including a suspected detached retina.[9] After Barton's suspension he was reported to be holed up at a golfing resort on the Algarve. [10]. On 5 May 2007 it was reported that Dabo has requested that the police press charges against Barton.[11] A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police confirmed that police will interview Barton about the incident.[12]

Reported 8 May 2007, Barton's contract was put on the open market by Manchester City Football Club. M.C.F.C. will take the first offer of the remaining £5.5m of his contract to break their relationship. [13]

On 16 May 2007, Barton was arrested and questioned by Greater Manchester Police following Dabo's accusations of assault. Barton has since been bailed until July. He remains suspended by Manchester City. [14]

That still makes me laugh. :lol:

And the bit about the police looking into his rear is well written. :laugh:

Parker is a player you would think the club would want to keep, yet West Ham enquire about him and the club could say no he is not for sale or ask what they are offering. You would think if we wanted to keep him then a £7mill offer would be refused yet it seems the fee was agree'd pretty dam quickly.

I am still very much of the opinion that Parker told the club he wnated away and that they are better off listening to offers for him.

No point trying to keep a player that does not want to be here is therte really and when you can make a proffit ont hat player then do  the deal..

Guest Guinness

I've got mixed news on this transfer. On the one hand he's a very good player who seems to give his all. On the other hand he's a complete psycho who beats up his team mates. If Allardyce can control him then it could be a good bit of business, but judging by his previous actions that could prove difficult.

Barton is a significantly better player than Parker, so on the face of it this is brilliant business. However, we all know his off the field problems are a real worry.

If he was to sort himself out and start acting in a bit more professional manner, then we could have gotten ourselves a very good signing. Type of player that can drive his side forward from midfield. Sort of like a lesser version of Gerrard IMO.

Personally I think the guy is a lunatic and he'll end up having a semi-succesful career here before being peddled in about three years. Hope I'm wrong, cos I really rate him as a player.