Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

Tbh for a long time we've lacked a real nasty bstard in the middle of the field since Batty left. Bowyers bark was always worse than his bite, but hopefully Barton will give us some aggression in the middle of the park whilst at the same time poppping up with some goals. Our scoring return from midfielders over the last 2 or 3 years has been shocking.

Guest Stephen927

Good player on the field and an improvement on our other options in central midfield.

This is pretty much Barton's last chance, if he doesn't sort himself out off the field at Newcastle, I doubt he'll get many decent offers when his time at this club runs out.

All I have to say on this is he better f****** behave.

I think he will. The only time he mucked about was when City were in chaos and Pearce is clearly not a good man manager like Sam. I think we are getting a much much better player and If Parker goes for 8.5mil, that'll be a blinding bit of business!

Barton + Butt =  :nope: creativity.

Could be a useful combination away from home, but I won't be happy to see the two of them lineup at home against the likes of Derby, Wigan and Fulham.

Guest Invicta_Toon

well from the MCFC thread it seems we have beaten off precisely no other clubs for this player, just like Viduka no doubt

Guest gggg

Funny how we've bought someone for a position that was probably our best covered at the end of the season and would be the last that needed strengthening.

Just another 7 players at least to go.  :cheesy:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think he will. The only time he mucked about was when City were in chaos and Pearce is clearly not a good man manager like Sam. I think we are getting a much much better player and If Parker goes for 8.5mil, that'll be a blinding bit of business!

Really? I think Pearce did quite well with him, made him go to anger management etc

well from the MCFC thread it seems we have beaten off precisely no other clubs for this player, just like Viduka no doubt

:thup:

Anything relevant to say on the matter then?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Really? I think Pearce did quite well with him, made him go to anger management etc

you can't fight the tide tbh, it's astounding what's being claimed now

It's well know from within the City squad itself, that Pearce didnt have a clue how to actually manage. He just got them a bit riled up before they went out with no hint of tactics and expected to win matches. Sam will do much much better with Barton.

Guest Invicta_Toon

:thup:

Anything relevant to say on the matter then?

totally irrelevant is it?

I've got mixed feeling as well. On a positive note we have got rid of an unhappy player for maybe up to £8.5m which is a £2m profit, and we are also getting in his replacement for £5.5m which could potentially leave us with an extra £3m. I think he's a good player, but he's an idiot. I hope we can get another central midfielder in though as well. I'm not 100% convinced Emre will stay here either

Guest Invicta_Toon

It's well know from within the City squad itself, that Pearce didnt have a clue how to actually manage. He just got them a bit riled up before they went out with no hint of tactics and expected to win matches. Sam will do much much better with Barton.

man management has nothing to do with tactics, you're thinking of football management

This would have to be worst bit of business this club has done since signing Souness, surely we could do a lot better than than this wast of space Barton, sorry to see Parker go  but if he wants to go back to London then it was a good deal we got for him. But for fuck sakes bloody Joey Barton!