Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest andynufc84

SSN breaking news - "Man City give Joey Barton permisson to talk to Newcastle about possible transfer"

Is that as far as we've got?  :rolleyes:

Aye, don't think the transfer was as done and dusted as we all thought.

Still think he will join

:lol:

SSN getting as many yellow banners out of this story as possible.

I updated the stickied thread for you Dave. Realise that SSN are making that a much more difficult job than you expected :lol:

Guest Matt10

Just posting what they're reporting TT!

Was on the yellow strap about 2 minutes ago when I flicked over. Now they've taken that off off and changed their line to his agent is holding talks with us and Barton's at the training ground. Just confirming what we all expected, I know.

Someone just posted that Key103 (Manchester version of your Metro) said that Barton isn't going to talk to Newcastle or West Ham and wants to stay here...

???

How much truth there is in any of the above remains to be seen. :hmm:

Looks like none at all TBH.

As if it's newsworth that Willie Mckay is at SJP.

He's probably there for his weekly roundup and to tell the board which players he's representing now :lol:

He's at SJP now

Source? Is it on Sky?

I'm quite confused. At first David Craig said that Barton had arrived at SJP with Allardyce in his car and then he said he was at the training ground and Willie McKay is at SJP? or is he on his way to the training ground?

Was on the yellow strap about 2 minutes ago when I flicked over. Now they've taken that off off and changed their line to his agent is holding talks with us and Barton's at the training ground. Just confirming what we all expected, I know.

I know, its just SSN's said it was basically a done deal on Sunday night, and now there reporting we've just been given permission to speak!

Guest Matt10

As if it's newsworth that Willie Mckay is at SJP.

He's probably there for his weekly roundup and to tell the board which players he's representing now :lol:

Guest DavB93

Hopefully the start of players coming into the club as we are desparteley short of them with all the releases...plus don't think Sam is the kind of manager to give players like Huntington, Edgar and Carroll a run in the team.

Yesterday i was getting a bit annoyed at how slow things were moving along. If this one goes through (and viduka) i will be quite happy that we have started the rebuilding process.

Still need another 3 or 4 signings at least though.

Hmmm ... no news of Parker signing at West Ham though. Do you thinking they were stalling and trying to sign Barton first before us because they wanted both and thought we needed the Parker money first?

Would be hilarious if we got Barton and then sold Parker to Tottenham instead and West Ham were left with nought but a bitter Reo-Coker.

Eggy is so shady.

Guest Matt10

I know, its just SSN's said it was basically a done deal on Sunday night, and now there reporting we've just been given permission to speak!

Aye they often get a bit ahead of themselves don't they! Looks as if it's getting closer now anyway.

Hopefully they'll have some pictures later, there's normally a camerman knocking about when we've got a player here for talks.

Guest Matt10

Any more news havent got SSN available??

Nothing new on Barton mate, just repeating everything we know.

Sibierski's just been on saying how he didn't really want to leave and that Wigan can finish in the top 7  :lol:

Any more news havent got SSN available??

Sibierski's just been on saying how he didn't really want to leave and that Wigan can finish in the top 7  :lol:

Well, as he got the 2-year contract he wanted, he's probably speaking about his second season - when they are playing in the Championship....

SSN's webby reckons after talks here he will go to WHU to have talks, obviously they are going to offer more money and have capital pull so its quite a big possibility he'll sign for them, question is, do we still sell them Parker?

I say yes, and just look elsewhere for his replacement.