Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did he come back to St James or not or will he sign on thursday??

Can you not read the rest of the thread?

Would appear he's come back but nothing official has been announced as of yet, so nobody really knows for sure.

I really don't understand why people are shocked at the alleged £70k p/w, tbh.  We got him on the cheap from Man City and his wages are probably similar to Dyer's.   He's undoubtedly a more consistent player than the self-styled King of Bling, and we'll get a lot more games out of him over the course of a season.

Howay - Bramble's on £40k p/w at Wigan!  It's mad, it's obscene, it's crazy...but that's just the way it is in football at the moment.

So you seriously think that the fact Dyer is on stupid wage somehow justifies handing idiotic wages for Barton? Would you mind explaining how one mistake justifies another?

READ THE f****** THREAD.

If you could read i said i havent read it and could someone please update me.

YOU READ THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

READ THE f****** THREAD.

Lazy bastard. ;)

He's basically signed now.

READ THE f****** THREAD.

You could have read the thread in the time its taken you repeatedly asking the same question.

Don't be so lazy like.

READ THE f****** THREAD.

I'VE READ THE THREAD!!!!!!

READ THE f****** THREAD.

Joey, that you?

I really don't understand why people are shocked at the alleged £70k p/w, tbh.  We got him on the cheap from Man City and his wages are probably similar to Dyer's.   He's undoubtedly a more consistent player than the self-styled King of Bling, and we'll get a lot more games out of him over the course of a season.

Howay - Bramble's on £40k p/w at Wigan!  It's mad, it's obscene, it's crazy...but that's just the way it is in football at the moment.

So you seriously think that the fact Dyer is on stupid wage somehow justifies handing idiotic wages for Barton? Would you mind explaining how one mistake justifies another?

He will be fined every week, so the half of his wage goes back to the club.

WHU fans think they pulled out of the deal, he'll go to prison, SA offered him something 'special', that he chose more money over them and its his loss!

mackems.gif

I really don't understand why people are shocked at the alleged £70k p/w, tbh.  We got him on the cheap from Man City and his wages are probably similar to Dyer's.  He's undoubtedly a more consistent player than the self-styled King of Bling, and we'll get a lot more games out of him over the course of a season.

I don't think its just one isolated mistake. 

Take a look around at the report that was published the other day on Premiership wages - the wages of dozens of players are already at ludicrous levels.  Also, with the new TV rights deal, clubs have another £30m (?) to waste.  Small, newly taken over clubs like West Ham and Villa (tin hat on) suddenly have a LOT of spending power and can compete with bigger clubs.  Wages and transfer fees are going to go into orbit.

I just used Dyer as an example to compare Barton's cost today with what we already had, since I have nee real idea what the rest of our players are on (apart from Owen, like).  How much is Emre on?  How much was Parker on?  Does anyone actually know if their wages are/were similar to Dyers? 

the old man and that young, rather gay looking middle class lad said the deal is getting completed TONIGHT.

however, this is SKY      SPORTS       NEWS.

sorry for typing like that, just getting pissed off with people going "eh? eh? so whats happened?"

I've just got back from work and bothered wading through the crap posted from about page 25 where I last posted.

some people ya knar, just bone fucking idol!!!!!

Guest nufc 4 life

has everyone else read his audit very very [ormising and 3 times what we've had at Newcastle here it is for the people that haven't seen it

Joey Barton's predictable exit from Manchester City is almost complete with the England international set for a move to Sam Allardyce's new-look Newcastle.

Once again this presents the opportunity for an Opta Audit to see what Barton will add to the Magpies' midfield.

Newcastle failed to score in 17 of their 38 league games in 2006-07, their worst performance in Premiership history, so goals from Barton would certainly be welcome, and he scored as many as the main Newcastle central midfielders last season all by himself.

Player Goals

Joey Barton 6

Scott Parker 3

Belozoglu Emre 2

Nicky Butt 1

And while Allardyce will be keen to see his midfield protect the often-porous Newcastle defence, Barton's ability to get forward and shoot on sight will make him a different proposition to the likes of the now-departed Scott Parker.

Player Shots On Target

Joey Barton 29

Nicky Butt 2

Scott Parker 15

Belozoglu Emre 6

Furthermore, Emre's total of just six shots on target all season was an extremely poor return from the Turk. Creatively Barton also outshone the Newcastle men last season, creating four goals for low-scoring Manchester City and creating 69 other goalscoring chances. Parker came nowhere near these totals.

Player Goal Assists Key Passes

Joey Barton 4 69

Nicky Butt 2 10

Scott Parker 1 17

Belozoglu Emre 2 36

But if there was no downside to Joey Barton then other, perhaps bigger, clubs would surely be rivalling Newcastle for his signature, yet they are not.

Barton's weakness seems to be a disciplinary one, both off the field and on it, and while none of Newcastle's central midfielders saw red in the last campaign, Barton was sent off against Sam Allardyce's Bolton and was booked on a further 10 occasions.

Player Yellow Cards Red Cards

Joey Barton 10 1

Nicky Butt 5 0

Scott Parker 9 0

Belozoglu Emre 6 0

Nonetheless, if his new manager can tame Barton's wild ways, then he could quickly become a redeemed man in the cauldron of north-east football.