Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moi nimes Danny Dyoh says:

might be to announce hes failed his medical

Avvv it says:

noooooo

alonso is s***

Avvv it says:

here we gan

rather have barton any day

Avvv it says:

OH DEAR ooooo steve dont start oh f****** dear

personally my midfield pairing for england would be gerrard and barton

Avvv it says:

YOU MAKE ME LOL

i would

ive said it in the past

hes never had the run he's deserved

id rather have barton in there than lampard any day

Avvv it says:

youve also said  quote 'my midfeild pairing for england would be stevie g and parker'

did I f***

My mates a dippers fan, born in London lived in Newcastle his whole life, remarkably he's a good kid, but the way he goes on about Alonso - oh dear.  Genuinely I'd rather have Barton than Alonso, he scores the odd 60 yarder, plays the odd decent pass and he's Pele?!?!  Personally I think Barton is more dynamic.

:lol:

Do SSN expect the deal to be completed tonight? I assume he has decided not to talk to West Ham then?

They said it could go through tonight

Do SSN expect the deal to be completed tonight? I assume he has decided not to talk to West Ham then?

David Craig is pitching up a tent just outside the ground incase it doesn't go through until the morning.

Sent the kids doon with a flask and a packet of crisps for him , he will be there until tomorrow I bet.. :D

Guest Svenno

Not sure if that's sarcasm? Alonso pisses all over Barton. Really classy player.

Doesn't think they can be directly compared since their style of play is very different.. I feel Barton is more like Sissoko, great tackler, great workrate etc.  Barton's shots and passes are better

David Craig is pitching up a tent just outside the ground incase it doesn't go through until the morning.

Funny guy. Just wondering how iminent transfer is?

Guest Triglett

Not sure if that's sarcasm? Alonso pisses all over Barton. Really classy player.

Doesn't think they can be directly compared since their style of play is very different.. I feel Barton is more like Sissoko, great tackler, great workrate etc.  Barton's shots and passes are better

Sure they're different. But I'm talking about quality, pure footballing ability...Alonso wins it hands down. I'm always cautious of jumping on the band wagon, but I think pretty much any team could find a place for him in their side.

Guest Svenno

Sure they're different. But I'm talking about quality, pure footballing ability...Alonso wins it hands down. I'm always cautious of jumping on the band wagon, but I think pretty much any team could find a place for him in their side.

Can't argue with that! Alonso is, as you said, classy in that kind of way + he's creative. Barton isn't anywhere near that kind of 'elegance', but he's more direct and wins the ball to give players like Alonso room and time to be classy.

EDIT: What a shitty sentence..

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470440&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=The+Opta+Audit:+Joey+Barton

Check that one.. Opta compared Barton to our current central midfielders. I don't know if our midfield is just s***, or that Barton is pure class - a combination I guess :D

Fucking hell thats scary. Emre's are the scariest though for a so called creative player with good vision. We should get shot of him, he doesn't offer much.

Guest Svenno

Agree, Leazes. 6(!) f****** shots on goal

Good point teepee ;D

Barton made 69 key passes, in other words chances that their attackers didn't convert into goals. Parker with 17 and one assist.. That's just depressing

Bare(sp?!) in mind that the City team was build around Barton so the stats are a way ahead of what they would be in an "ordinary" team...

But, Emre, 6 shots? Jeez, I always thought he was inneffective but that is shite!

Guest Kayleigh

i thought barton was a great player but looking at this it just shows our midfiled up well and truely, reflects on how poor we actually were last season.

Bare(sp?!) in mind that the City team was build around Barton so the stats are a way ahead of what they would be in an "ordinary" team...

But, Emre, 6 shots? Jeez, I always thought he was inneffective but that is s****!

I don't understand that logic. Whether or not a team is or isn't  built around him how does it affect his ability to pass a ball or shoot?

I really hope this gets com pleted tonight like I think its a great buy even though he has baggage he is 100 times better than what we have in the centre and has the passion and drive that will push us on. More of captains material than parker could ever be

But, Emre, 6 shots? Jeez, I always thought he was inneffective but that is s****!

I don't understand that logic. Whether or not a team is or isn't  built around him how does it affect his ability to pass a ball or shoot?

It doesn't affect his ability, but it does affect the frequency of how often he is getting a shot in if the tactics are basically built around giving him shooting opportunities rather than something more balanced.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470440&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=The+Opta+Audit:+Joey+Barton

Check that one.. Opta compared Barton to our current central midfielders. I don't know if our midfield is just s***, or that Barton is pure class - a combination I guess :D

f****** hell thats scary. Emre's are the scariest though for a so called creative player with good vision. We should get shot of him, he doesn't offer much.

But he isn't an creative player, he's a deep lying playmaker in the mould of Carrick.

If anything it shows what a huge upgrade Barton is on Parker.