Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bare(sp?!) in mind that the City team was build around Barton so the stats are a way ahead of what they would be in an "ordinary" team...

But, Emre, 6 shots? Jeez, I always thought he was inneffective but that is s****!

I don't understand that logic. Whether or not a team is or isn't  built around him how does it affect his ability to pass a ball or shoot?

It doesn't affect his ability, but it does affect the frequency of how often he is getting a shot in if the tactics are basically built around giving him shooting opportunities rather than something more balanced.

Thanks for clarifying. So did he have a free role with no defensive responsibilities at City because the couple of times I did watch your matches this season gone he seemed to get stuck into the defnsive side of things as well?

Bare(sp?!) in mind that the City team was build around Barton so the stats are a way ahead of what they would be in an "ordinary" team...

But, Emre, 6 shots? Jeez, I always thought he was inneffective but that is s****!

I don't understand that logic. Whether or not a team is or isn't  built around him how does it affect his ability to pass a ball or shoot?

It doesn't affect his ability, but it does affect the frequency of how often he is getting a shot in if the tactics are basically built around giving him shooting opportunities rather than something more balanced.

Thanks for clarifying.. So did he have a free role with no defensive responsibilities at City because the couple of times I did watch your matches this season gone he seemed to get stuck into the defnsive side of things as well?

He didn't have a free role, not in a million years would Stuart Pearce give anyone in his team a free role. I exaggerated the situation in an attempt to explain the point I was making. However I do think that in a different side he wouldn't shoot as much - he would have other options (Such as the ability to pass to a competent forward, which should be a nice change for him). And there might be fewer chances for him to shoot away from our counterattacking mentality, which suited his engine. Plus, I would assume the numbers would go down a little if he's not on set piece duty (Which you really, really don't wanna know about  :nope: :laugh:).

Ah who knows what the fk is going on, SSN as usual hyping it all up while the official site tells you fk all. At least we have photo evidens of him being up here for talks, that will have to do us for now.

Not signing until Thursday according to SSN.

Just left SJP and will talk to his family but he expects to be back on Thursday to sign.

Aye has to report back the the family on the number of unalarmed cars with alloys and decent sound systems, also how many banks and lewlers are in the area.. :D

*Deal expected thursday.

*Speaking to his family about moving from north west to north east.

*Very impressed with both Allardyce and SJP.

It makes you wonder why he couldn't speak to his family before coming up here unless he's going to visit his brother in prison.  :D