Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest exilim

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470440&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=The+Opta+Audit:+Joey+Barton&channel=&

Has probably been posted, really interesting though.

Barton with 6 goals and 4 assist, meaning he was involved in 10 of the 29 goals Man City scored in the league.

Also shows how terrible our midfielders were this season >_>

It just shows how bad a manager roeder was. Tells us that he used parker in a wrong way and for all the wrong reasons.

AFTER a whirlwind week in which he has secured the signature of both Joey Barton and Mark Viduka, Sam Allardyce last night confirmed that he was looking to complete a transfer treble by persuading Tal Ben Haim to join Newcastle.

Barton agreed to make a £5.5m move from Manchester City late on Tuesday night when he penned a five-year deal at St James' Park.

Viduka has also agreed to join the Magpies "in principle", and the Australian striker is expected to fly into England early next week to complete a medical and rubber-stamp his free transfer from Middlesbrough.

advertisement

But Allardyce's signing spree will not end there, and the Newcastle manager will spend the rest of the week attempting to lure Ben Haim from his former home at Bolton's Reebok Stadium.

The Israeli centre-half, out of contract at the end of the month, is currently mulling over offers from a number of clubs.

Bolton boss Sammy Lee has offered to extend his stay in Lancashire, while Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho attempted to sign the 25-year-old in January, only for his club's board to be put off by Wanderers' £3m fee.

No fee will be payable this summer, and Allardyce is hoping that his previously successful relationship with Ben Haim will persuade the defender to rejoin him.

"I've had a very successful first week at my desk," said Allardyce, who has also sanctioned Scott Parker's £7m sale to West Ham, a transfer that was finally completed when the former Magpies skipper signed a five-year deal at Upton Park yesterday.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/latest/display.var.1452829.0.sam_in_line_for_hattrick.php

Thats without Sky Sports and various other sources saying we are close to Rozenhal, then papers still saying we are after Baines, and now cacapa and jaures.

Less we forget the echo saying sam was lining up an 8m move for Anelka and papers talking up Ebondo.

Silly season is certainly here.

Guest nufc_geordie

Big Sam is a busy little bee isn't he! It's just nice to see a amanger here who is sorting out his dealings now, not on the 31st August at 11.58pm.

Guest NUFCnutter

My theory(and one of probably many more) is that they knew yesterday that Shepherd was going to sell his shares, and so have waited for that to be announced, Viduka came back from Australia yesterday, and so today they will unveil both Barton and Viduka at St James' Park at the same time. I am delighted at developments, and if we go back to this time last year and remember how stagnant we were on the transfer market we were it is a vast improvement. Let the good times roll......  :celb:

From a Scottish ITK  mackems.gif

Before you start branding Joey Barton a humanitarian for knocking back West Hams £73k a week, let me assure you that signing for West Ham was NEVER an option. Neither was Celtic. Strachan did make the phone call, and was categorically told that for personal and family reasons Joey diod not want to move that far away from his present address and wanted to remain in the Premiership. The Hammers were told that too, but thought money would change his mind, they were wrong, and quickly withdrew the offer. He'd have been happier in the North West but no-one made a serious bid for him.

Newcastle to Manchester 143.2 miles 2hrs28

Manchester to Glasgow 214.0 miles 3hrs38

Manchester to London 199.2 miles

Apparently a distance of 60 miles made him turn his nose up at a more lucrative contract from West Ham. ;D    There's been so much shite written about this deal, and you really couldn't make some of it up.  With Celtic the ONLY thing would've been he wouldn't want to play in the SPL.  With West Ham oh dear.  This bloke says he wanted to stay in the NW.  Liverpool and Man Utd weren't going to sign him were they, and he described Everton as being a tenth the size of Man City, so where do you think he'd have wanted to go, Wigan???? Bolton???? Blackburn??!??! 

Guest Scouseman

" and he described Everton as being a tenth the size of Man City"

Don't you think that might have had something to do with Everton releasing him as a youngster?

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=i-want-joey-to-weigh-in-with-goals%2D-big-sam%26method=full%26objectid=19260892%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

I want Joey to weigh in with goals: Big Sam

Jun 7 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Sam Allardyce is looking to Joey Barton to bring his goals to Newcastle United.

Barton was expected at St James' Park today to complete his £5.5m move from Manchester City to United.

And, before flying to London to tie up the signing of Mark Viduka, the United boss told me: "With Joey coming in and Scott Parker going out to West Ham, I would say this is a piece of good business for us.

"Now we have Michael Owen, Mark Viduka and Oba Martins, who all score goals, and Joey usually chips in with seven or eight a season from midfield, so we will really be expecting to improve our goals tally next season."

From a numerical point of view, Barton will be a straight replacement for Parker, who has gone back to London in a £7m deal to join his former Charlton boss Alan Curbishley at Upton Park.

Earlier United had lost out on Steve Sidwell after the-then Reading midfielder had twice made hush-hush trips to Tyneside and actually twice sat in Glenn Roeder's office at the training ground.

Sidwell shook hands on a move to United but obviously felt that Roeder's departure gave him a get- out and he has joined Chelsea.

Meanwhile, the appearance of Sam Allardyce at Wales game with the Czech Republic at Cardiff at the weekend has thrown up a couple of possibilities.

The United boss had a close look at Paris St Germain's Czech defender David Rozenhal, but there is a lot of talk in Cardiff that Welsh international midfielder Jason Koumas could also be a target.

Former United striker Malcolm Allen, who is now a leading commentator for the BBC in Wales, believes that Koumas is good enough to come to St James' Park from West Brom.

But I get the impression that Big Sam is concentrating on improving United's much-maligned defence.

Next season's Premiership fixtures will be released a week today, and The Chronicle will be the first newspaper to carry United's games for 2007-8.