Magpies tracking Ebondo

Dokko

http://www.forumtfc.net/index.php?showtopic=19494&st=440

Not exactly sorry to see him go, but you never know what the French really mean :rolleyes:

They said the same about Ilunga when we were linked with him and I think he's quality.

http://www.forumtfc.net/index.php?showtopic=28586

Ilunga? Quality? Is that a joke?

He's far better than Enrique, strong in the tackle and gets up and down the pitch better than any fullback we've had since Domi.

So this thing is as good as done then assuming he accepts our contract?

With our "say fuck all" policy, we could have signed ten players and noone would know. If reports are correct it should be a done deal soon but nowt is simple with us.

Guest Heneage

So this thing is as good as done then assuming he accepts our contract?

You tell us.

Quiet on the Western Front Sir.  O0

Would have thought is makes more sense to buy a young player to cover Beye now.  Never saw the point in waiting until your first choice leaves or retires before buying in anyone new. Think a couple of years ahead, which means that Ebondo can train with Beye on a daily basis and benefit from that, and be ready for the Premier League when he becomes ourt first choice.

I just hope being thrown into a relegation battle with no league experience doesn't damage him and that expectations are at a sensible level from our home fans...

Would have thought is makes more sense to buy a young player to cover Beye now.  Never saw the point in waiting until your first choice leaves or retires before buying in anyone new. Think a couple of years ahead, which means that Ebondo can train with Beye on a daily basis and benefit from that, and be ready for the Premier League when he becomes ourt first choice.

I just hope being thrown into a relegation battle with no league experience doesn't damage him and that expectations are at a sensible level from our home fans...

TBF, the one thing you normally get from African/French is a bit of physcial battle, hopefully he has the brain (like Beye) to play at this level.

Completely agree with the transition view though, fergie has been the master of this down the years.

Excellent post and I couldn't agree more.

So if we get him in between now and tomorrow evening can he play against Citeh?

If the stories were true he was going to train today and sign tonight, havent seen any news from anywhere to confirm he came over though.

I'd think it will happen tmrw if its true, but I'd doubt we will throw him in against City, he might make the bench.

With Taylor back i'd think we would have RB covered.

So if we get him in between now and tomorrow evening can he play against Citeh?

If the stories were true he was going to train today and sign tonight, havent seen any news from anywhere to confirm he came over though.

I'd think it will happen tmrw if its true, but I'd doubt we will throw him in against City, he might make the bench.

With Taylor back i'd think we would have RB covered.

whos the cover?