Magpies tracking Ebondo

Dokko

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/28/toulouse-reluctant-to-let-ebondo-move-to-nufc-61634-22797093/

Toulouse reluctant to let Ebondo move to NUFC

Jan 28 2009 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

NEWCASTLE United’s pursuit of Toulouse full-back Albin Ebondo may be in jeopardy because the French outfit are reluctant to sell the defender during the January transfer window.

Although this may just be a ploy to raise the asking price above the £4m mark, Ebondo has been told by Toulouse officials he will not be sold this month.

After several days of negotiations, Newcastle had not given up on the deal when The Journal contacted senior figures last night, saying “negotiations are still ongoing” between the two clubs.

Nevertheless, they are yet to agree a fee for the 24-year-old and time is of the essence with just six days remaining in the transfer window.

A representative of Ebondo (pictured below) told The Journal last night: “Newcastle are still talking to Toulouse but they do not really want to sell Albin in the middle of the season when they do not have another right-back and do not have time to find a replacement.

“It has happened late in the transfer window and that does not leave much time to get anything done. I have spoken to Albin and he is aware of Newcastle’s interest, but he has been told by Toulouse they do not want to sell him. He is happy to stay with Toulouse for the time being.

“He does not know if this is the right time for him to move to England because he does not know whether Newcastle really want him or they just want someone to play while Habib Beye is out injured.

“He would have to have some sort of reassurance from Newcastle before he signed. It is a complicated situation, but a deal does not look likely unless there is a sudden change.”

Should the move for Ebondo falter at this late stage it will be a major setback for United manager Joe Kinnear, who started the week by suggesting the defender could be a Newcastle player before tonight’s trip to Manchester City.

The Magpies have already failed with several bids for defenders this month – although reports in Italy last night claimed they have had an offer accepted for Fiorentina midfielder Marco Donadel – and time is running out.

Even if they do shift their attention to alternative targets the problems experienced in trying to persuade Toulouse to part with Ebondo are likely to hamper other bids.

Meanwhile, there was rather better news for Kinnear yesterday following an FA disciplinary hearing in which the Newcastle boss escaped a touchline ban.

Kinnear admitted a charge of improper conduct relating to comments made in the media about Martin Atkinson after Newcastle’s match against Fulham on November 9 in which he referred to the referee as “Mickey Mouse”.

However, the FA decided not to impose a ban and Kinnear was instead ordered to pay a £500 fine. Kinnear also denied a further charge of using abusive and insulting words towards a match official relating to Newcastle’s match against Stoke City on December 6.

Kinnear was sent to the stands during this match after contesting the award of a free

kick, but the Commission found this charge not proved.

Given the fact Kinnear also still has to answer another FA charge following a touchline altercation with Phil Brown during last week’s FA Cup defeat by Hull City, the absence of a touchline ban was a let off.

Kinnear said: “I’m happy with the outcome and it’s a relief not to have been given a ban. I can now concentrate on the game at Manchester City.”

Meanwhile, Mike Ashley could attend his first Newcastle game at the City of Manchester Stadium tonight since the 3-0 defeat at Arsenal back in August.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/28/toulouse-reluctant-to-let-ebondo-move-to-nufc-61634-22797093/

Toulouse reluctant to let Ebondo move to NUFC

Jan 28 2009 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

NEWCASTLE Uniteds pursuit of Toulouse full-back Albin Ebondo may be in jeopardy because the French outfit are reluctant to sell the defender during the January transfer window.

Although this may just be a ploy to raise the asking price above the £4m mark, Ebondo has been told by Toulouse officials he will not be sold this month.

After several days of negotiations, Newcastle had not given up on the deal when The Journal contacted senior figures last night, saying negotiations are still ongoing between the two clubs.

Nevertheless, they are yet to agree a fee for the 24-year-old and time is of the essence with just six days remaining in the transfer window.

A representative of Ebondo (pictured below) told The Journal last night: Newcastle are still talking to Toulouse but they do not really want to sell Albin in the middle of the season when they do not have another right-back and do not have time to find a replacement.

It has happened late in the transfer window and that does not leave much time to get anything done. I have spoken to Albin and he is aware of Newcastles interest, but he has been told by Toulouse they do not want to sell him. He is happy to stay with Toulouse for the time being.

He does not know if this is the right time for him to move to England because he does not know whether Newcastle really want him or they just want someone to play while Habib Beye is out injured.

He would have to have some sort of reassurance from Newcastle before he signed. It is a complicated situation, but a deal does not look likely unless there is a sudden change.

Should the move for Ebondo falter at this late stage it will be a major setback for United manager Joe Kinnear, who started the week by suggesting the defender could be a Newcastle player before tonights trip to Manchester City.

The Magpies have already failed with several bids for defenders this month although reports in Italy last night claimed they have had an offer accepted for Fiorentina midfielder Marco Donadel and time is running out.

Even if they do shift their attention to alternative targets the problems experienced in trying to persuade Toulouse to part with Ebondo are likely to hamper other bids.

Meanwhile, there was rather better news for Kinnear yesterday following an FA disciplinary hearing in which the Newcastle boss escaped a touchline ban.

Kinnear admitted a charge of improper conduct relating to comments made in the media about Martin Atkinson after Newcastles match against Fulham on November 9 in which he referred to the referee as Mickey Mouse.

However, the FA decided not to impose a ban and Kinnear was instead ordered to pay a £500 fine. Kinnear also denied a further charge of using abusive and insulting words towards a match official relating to Newcastles match against Stoke City on December 6.

Kinnear was sent to the stands during this match after contesting the award of a free

kick, but the Commission found this charge not proved.

Given the fact Kinnear also still has to answer another FA charge following a touchline altercation with Phil Brown during last weeks FA Cup defeat by Hull City, the absence of a touchline ban was a let off.

Kinnear said: Im happy with the outcome and its a relief not to have been given a ban. I can now concentrate on the game at Manchester City.

Meanwhile, Mike Ashley could attend his first Newcastle game at the City of Manchester Stadium tonight since the 3-0 defeat at Arsenal back in August.

Jesus wept, after all that.  Well looks like we wont get anyone.

It has happened late in the transfer window and that does not leave much time to get anything done.

:doh:

Such quotes make me laugh.

How do they know we haven't been negotiating with Toulouse since December?

I think what we have to realise is that when it comes to getting the best possible deal, which is what our current ownership is all about, it is always going to go down to the wire. I'm pretty sure we will get players in as it is very clear now that we are indeed looking to do so.

I remember this same kind of thing happening with Beye, Rozenhal and even Coloccini. Seemed to take forever.

It has happened late in the transfer window and that does not leave much time to get anything done.

Such quotes make me laugh.

How do they know we haven't been negotiating with Toulouse since December?

I think what we have to realise is that when it comes to getting the best possible deal, which is what our current ownership is all about, it is always going to go down to the wire. I'm pretty sure we will get players in as it is very clear now that we are indeed looking to do so.

I remember this same kind of thing happening with Beye, Rozenhal and even Coloccini. Seemed to take forever.

You'd imagine, being a representative of Ebondo, they would have known before now had we been negotiating with Toulouse, surely?

10.25 According to Le 10 Sport, Toulouse are keen to let full-back Albin Ebondo join Newcastle. It is expected a fee in the region of €2.5million would secure his services.

:lol:

Well, well what do you know.

I bet that agent of his is just trying to secure a better salary for the player or something.

Just can't take these guys seriously.

We'll just pass them Stephen Carr's number, he can come outta retirement, we get Ebondo, everyone's happy.

Chronicle today

: “I still think Ebondo will come.

“I was supposed to have it done four days ago.

“Hopefully he will come and join us.

“Ebondo was due to come in on Wednesday night from France.

“But we’re still tied up in negotiations.

“The original price was £2.5m but they moved the goalposts and it’s now £3m.

“We are still out in France negotiating.

“It’s been two weeks now, so we have to wait and see.”

Chronicle today

: “I still think Ebondo will come.

“I was supposed to have it done four days ago.

“Hopefully he will come and join us.

“Ebondo was due to come in on Wednesday night from France.

“But we’re still tied up in negotiations.

“The original price was £2.5m but they moved the goalposts and it’s now £3m.

“We are still out in France negotiating.

“It’s been two weeks now, so we have to wait and see.”

500k. f*** me. Pull your finger out you fat cunt.  :kinnear:

Ebondo's Toon dream

Toulouse star hopes deal is agreed

Toulouse defender Albin Ebondo has told skysports.com that he is hopeful his move to Newcastle will come to fruition.

The Magpies are currently in talks with the Pink City outfit about the right-back.

The 24-year-old is now waiting to hear whether the negotiations are positive or not, but he does not hide his ambition to play in England.

"I am flattered by the interest shown by Newcastle for me," he told skysports.com.

Dream

"I have always been ambitious, I want to join the Premier League, which is for me the biggest league in the world.

"My dream is for the two club to agree a fee, however if he does not happen it is not the end of the world."

Ebondo admits he would relish playing with the big names already at St James' Park.

"I know some Newcastle players, not personally, but because they are popular players such as Owen, Butt, Geremi, Viduka, Martins, so they are a good team with great players.

"If the manager wants me, that means I can add something to the team, I think there is some details to put together, but nothing is done yet, but it is not far. That is my feeling."

Skysports.com.

Well at least someone wants to join us...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ebondo's Toon dream

Toulouse defender Albin Ebondo has told skysports.com that he is hopeful his move to Newcastle will come to fruition.

The Magpies are currently in talks with the Pink City outfit about the right-back.

The 24-year-old is now waiting to hear whether the negotiations are positive or not, but he does not hide his ambition to play in England.

"I am flattered by the interest shown by Newcastle for me," he told skysports.com.

Dream

"I have always been ambitious, I want to join the Premier League, which is for me the biggest league in the world.

"My dream is for the two club to agree a fee, however if he does not happen it is not the end of the world."

Ebondo admits he would relish playing with the big names already at St James' Park.

"I know some Newcastle players, not personally, but because they are popular players such as Owen, Butt, Geremi, Viduka, Martins, so they are a good team with great players.

"If the manager wants me, that means I can add something to the team, I think there is some details to put together, but nothing is done yet, but it is not far. That is my feeling."

Skysports.com.

Nothing to see here guys.

No 'good' news allowed on this board

Guest MrSundlofer

Ebondo's Toon dream

Dream

Skysports.com.

Surprised he named Butt, Geremi, Viduka.. and not Bassong, N'Zogbia, Beye..