Henry to Liverpool

Thespence

Imagine if he went to AC. Ronaldo/Henry/Inzaghi/Gilardino... that's some strikeforce.

Eto'o, Messi, Ronaldinho and Henry for Barcelona sounds better.

How would they fit Henry into their system?

Imagine if he went to AC. Ronaldo/Henry/Inzaghi/Gilardino... that's some strikeforce.

True, just that personally I've never counted Messi and Ronaldinho as fully-fledged out and out strikers like the 3 AC players I mentioned. Messi and Ronaldinho tend to play just behind the forward line (i.e. Eto'o). That's what I meant. As a group of forward players, that possible Barca combo can't be beat.

Guest Bolton_fan

Eto'o   Henry

Ronnie  Deco Xavi Messi

Pretty simple. With Ronnie running just behind the strikers.

Guest Bolton_fan

True, just that personally I've never counted Messi and Ronaldinho as fully-fledged out and out strikers like the 3 AC players I mentioned. Messi and Ronaldinho tend to play just behind the forward line (i.e. Eto'o). That's what I meant. As a group of forward players, that possible Barca combo can't be beat, but with that said I'm not sure how'd they fit Henry in to their system unless they get rid of Eto'o.

Yeah. I only put that because Ronnie and Messi could be classed as strikers because they score you a lot of goals.

Eto'o  Henry

Ronnie  Deco Xavi Messi

Couldn't see them changing their current 4-3-3.

True, just that personally I've never counted Messi and Ronaldinho as fully-fledged out and out strikers like the 3 AC players I mentioned. Messi and Ronaldinho tend to play just behind the forward line (i.e. Eto'o). That's what I meant. As a group of forward players, that possible Barca combo can't be beat, but with that said I'm not sure how'd they fit Henry in to their system unless they get rid of Eto'o.

Yeah. I only put that because Ronnie and Messi could be classed as strikers because they score you a lot of goals.

Yeah, just not forwards in the Owen/Eto'o/Villa/Henry mould is all I meant.

Guest Bolton_fan

Eto'o   Henry

Ronnie  Deco Xavi Messi

Actually, we could still see a 4-3-3 with Henry in.

Henry   Eto'o  Messi

Ronnie     Xavi     Deco  

Guest Bolton_fan

Probably the most attack-minded front 6 i've seen.

Does Barcelona play any other way? :D

Eto'o  Henry

Ronnie  Deco Xavi Messi

Henry  Eto'o  Messi

Ronnie    Xavi    Deco 

They might change their system if Rijkaard gets el booto... :hmm:

Eto'o   Henry

Ronnie  Deco Xavi Messi

Henry   Eto'o  Messi

Ronnie     Xavi     Deco 

They might change their system if Rijkaard gets el booto... :hmm:

4-5-1 ?

Gilardino wants to leave & Milan have said he can at £16millon

No doubt they would, but who would pay over 15 million for a striker who's quite strikingly failed to cut the mustard at the very top level (WC, champs)?

Gilardino wants to leave & Milan have said he can at £16millon

No doubt they would, but who would pay over 15 million for a striker who's quite strikingly failed to cut the mustard at the very top level (WC, champs)?

Because he scores for fun in the league? We have Gerrard for finals...

Can't see this happening. Even if it did, I'd be annoyed at paying so much for such an old player, even if he is incredibly good.

so in the very same forum we have threads calling Viduka World Class...

While in another thread people are saying Henry is crap that has "2 years left at best?"

He's Thierry-fucking-Henry, people. If Liverpool get him for 20m, it'll be a bargain and the deal of the season.

Guest teepee

never gonna happen - it seems that liverpool are linked with every world-star-footballer these days - and i doubt they can attract those players now - maybe in a few years if they continue to progress.

but the henry's, eto'o's etc of this world see themselves as too good for pool - and rightly so in my oppinion...

so in the very same forum we have threads calling Viduka World Class...

While in another thread people are saying Henry is crap that has "2 years left at best?"

He's Thierry-fucking-Henry, people. If Liverpool get him for 20m, it'll be a bargain and the deal of the season.

Agreed.

It could possibly put Liverpool in a title race, which is what every Liverpool fan wants, and hasn't properly have for many many years.

People are writing Henry-off as on his last legs because of 1 injury plagued season? Wasn't he golden boot winner for 3 or so seasons in a row?

If Micky Owen isn't finished Henry has atleast 2-3 more years in him of top level football more than Owen.

People are forgetting that Vieira hadn't been as effective for the previous 2-3 seasons whlst Henry's only dip has been last year.

I'd love to see him play alongside RVN, perhaps 2 or so years from his peak but would still be great to see.

Never, ever, ever, going to happen.

Wenger is full of surprises. £20m now for Henry and in 2 seasons you're going 'What a genius Wenger is for selling at that time and at that price".

The player cant be totally finished when you sell them on if you want a decent price. You need to sell on the downward part of their 'performance curve' for want a of a better phrase. If Wenger believes Henry has peaked then its going to be the right time to sell him soon anyway.

Never, ever, ever, going to happen.

Wenger is full of surprises. £20m now for Henry and in 2 seasons you're going 'What a genius Wenger is for selling at that time and at that price".

The player cant be totally finished when you sell them on if you want a decent price. You need to sell on the downward part of their 'performance curve' for want a of a better phrase. If Wenger believes Henry has peaked then its going to be the right time to sell him soon anyway.

Henry will go to Barca. 100% certain.

Liverpool should buy a new forward line now that they have the money for it. the players that they have now are good, top 4 material and all that, but if they want to be serious about mounting a title challenge they'll need better. Henry would transform them if he can stay fit. add two wide players to go alongside him, Malouda and Simao are two that have been linked in the recent past, they might be good enough, Quaresma and Ribery are others. then stick Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano behind them.

or they could look for two strikers and a left winger, leaving gerrard out wide right.

Liverpool should buy a new forward line now that they have the money for it. the players that they have now are good, top 4 material and all that, but if they want to be serious about mounting a title challenge they'll need better. Henry would transform them if he can stay fit. add two wide players to go alongside him, Malouda and Simao are two that have been linked in the recent past, they might be good enough, Quaresma and Ribery are others. then stick Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano behind them.

or they could look for two strikers and a left winger, leaving gerrard out wide right.

Benny Benitez will fuck it up.