European U21 Championship

Guest SwissMagpie

i worry about milner for next season,it will all take its toll

:nods:

Though he's not the quickest player, so maybe he can recover from exertions relatively easily?

Was much better tonight than in the first game.

Milner is a Gary Speed in terms of fitness, just one of those players who can keep going.

He'll be fine, its only an extra 3 games at the rate Lita is throwing away England's hopes!  O0

Milner is a Gary Speed in terms of fitness, just one of those players who can keep going.

He'll be fine, its only an extra 3 games at the rate Lita is throwing away England's hopes!  O0

very young lad and seems to be a hard worker on the pitch able to keep going he is our duracel bunny tbh, I would worry how it could impact on his mood if we were to sign competition for his place in the team or england did shite but when it comes to the fitness part he has that down to a T

Didn't see most of the first half, seems that Carson was quality then but his goalkeeping for that second goal was shocking.

Paul Robinson-esque, looked like he needed at least another week to get down to it.

I thought Milner looked very tired in the second half and I'd agree he needs a rest. Come to think of it, you could say that about a lot of the players. The Italians looked a lot fitter than us, and I think that was a major reason for them coming back into the game.

I think a lot of people are being a bit harsh on Pearce. The team look well organised and positive. He had a duff season at City, but it's not as though he had a lot of money to spend. They're a club that's been in the doldrums for a while now. I think the guy's okay.

England were excellent for the first 20 minutes playing high tempo premier league style football. They then ran out of steam a bit and the game turned in favour of the italians although we should have realistically have put the game out of sight by then (glaring missed chances -lite!).

I really liked the italian Nº9, very good in the air good link up play and got the better of tayls the whole afternoon... Just floated into the right positions, real goalscores instinct.

Milner was great first half and did a lot of work second half but didn't really get a lot of ball and england were under the cosh.

Ashley young was the one that stuck out...real pace couple with skil and a good end product...sneaky bid for him?

I think a lot of people are being a bit harsh on Pearce. He had a duff season at City, but it's not as though he had a lot of money to spend. They're a club that's been in the doldrums for a while now. I think the guy's okay.

£14m for Samaras and Corradi. Nuff said.

Guest kingdawson

I think a lot of people are being a bit harsh on Pearce. He had a duff season at City, but it's not as though he had a lot of money to spend. They're a club that's been in the doldrums for a while now. I think the guy's okay.

What are you on about?

6 million for Samaras

1 million for corradi

Guest Knightrider

Excellent game between England and Italy, in the first half our attacking play was excellent and then in the second half our defending was just as good, get the two performing side by side and we could win this. I thought Taylor played really well against their star striker who only really lost him twice and one time tried to con the ref in giving him a penalty when it never was, other than those instances and a few rash moments though Taylor was solid, as was the whole defence to be honest, although Carson's kicking was poor and he could have done better with their second goal. To be fair though he has made some great saves and is looking a good 'keeper.

BTW what's all the hype about Nugent? He's a good player for his age but his control and general game is quite average and I don't think he's a clear-cut goalscorer, biggest redeeming feature is he works hard but you need more than that to be a hit in the Premiership. £6m... crazy.

What are you on about?

6 million for Samaras

1 million for corradi

£6.7m wasn't it?

What are you on about?

6 million for Samaras

1 million for corradi

£6.7m wasn't it?

Was it eck man, he's shite! :laugh: £2m.

I think Valencia might have "paid" that much for him a few years back (Instead of Mendieta's transfer fee that Lazio couldn't afford)

Oh... Samaras was something like that anyway. Either way. Money not well spent.

My point was that, in general, City haven't been big spenders. If you look at their squad, it consists of a lot of home-grown players and fairly modest buys. Maybe someone else could have done a bit better with them, but not a lot better.

Mirallas scored a great header to give Belgium the lead.

Rigters scores again - good work from Babel - a placed finish.

Drenthe scores a freekick - keeper made a hash of that.

Currently 2-1.