Fredrik Ljungberg linked to Newcastle

Guest TrEe

I have a feeling Brown will only be considered if PSG push the price too far up for Rozenhal. Sam would probably only want to get Rozenhal if he is cheaper than Brown, but if PSG are insisting on a similar amount to what we could get Brown for, then Sam would probably rather get the premiership experienced player in Brown.

That's what I think anyway.

Dont really know enough about Rozenhal to compare him to Brown, but with Browns ability to cover RB and Experience in Europe I would be thrilled to get him..

That said Rozenhal could be better, he was also deployed as a DM for a chunk of this season. So also brings a bit of versatility to the table.

Don't rate Wes Brown like.

He's better than what we've got.....but that's not saying much. He's not worth £5m but if we signed him - he'd start every game as it stands. He'd, arguably, be our best defender if he signed tomorrow.  :undecided:

ive spoke to someone i know who is a manc fan (season ticket holder) he rates brown and he says the general feeling around the place is that they think brown should of played more last season but couldnt get a look in due to rio and vidic. so i dunno. could be good

surely a trio of brown . haim and taylor is 10x if not more better than bramble moore taylor

Guest gggg

If Brown has been good enough for man U for years he's good enough for us, usually slots into the Man U defence without much fuss.

Guest Darth Toon

The likes of Ljungberg and Brown are exactly the kind of signings we would have made under the last couple of managers - less likely with Allardyce I would have thought, although Brown is a possibility given his versatility, and the fact he would likely have a point to prove.

Guest DavB93

No thanks...past it. I like Sam's style but don't want him buying loads of old players on there way down, he wants to build for the future.

Guest teepee

given our new financial status (upcoming at least) is it not a bit unambitious to go for the likes for ljungberg, rozenhal and wes brown?

given our new financial status (upcoming at least) is it not a bit unambitious to go for the likes for ljungberg, rozenhal and wes brown?

Aye, how come still no news on Diego Swarfega?

Ljungberg has had problems with injuries the last couple of seasons. Before this he was amazing though. Its hard to say weather he will come back to his old self, I doubt it though.

Maybe Ljungberg could be converted to a right back. He is good at defending and especially one on one situations. Doubt that this would appeal to him, maybe if it means he can stay in London. He probably wont come up to toon. But I might be wrong, I read an interview with him a while back where he stated that ST James´s was the best stadium and definately the noiciest with amazing fans...

Ljungberg has had problems with injuries the last couple of seasons. Before this he was amazing though. Its hard to say weather he will come back to his old self, I doubt it though.

Maybe Ljungberg could be converted to a right back. He is good at defending and especially one on one situations. Doubt that this would appeal to him, maybe if it means he can stay in London. He probably wont come up to toon. But I might be wrong, I read an interview with him a while back where he stated that ST James´s was the best stadium and definately the noiciest with amazing fans...

If we are going to sign someone to play at right back it should be a right back.

I have a feeling Brown will only be considered if PSG push the price too far up for Rozenhal. Sam would probably only want to get Rozenhal if he is cheaper than Brown, but if PSG are insisting on a similar amount to what we could get Brown for, then Sam would probably rather get the premiership experienced player in Brown.

I certainly hope that's not the way Allardyce is thinking.  If he thinks Brown is better he should go for Brown..  Going for an inferior player just to save a million or so is ridiculous, especially now..

No imo, having money doesn't mean we should blow it all in 5 seconds.  Why should we spend any money mike ashley brings on massive transfer fee's and inflated wages simply because we ain't in Europe?.  Viduka, Ben Haim, Rozenhal and Joey Barton will cost us £2 million (minus fee for Parker).  That's great business if it all happens, and football is a business.  We don't need to spend £50 million, we just need to get the right people in from whats cheap and effective in the market at present (Barton, Viduka and Ben Haim are bargains and quality players!).

We should use the spending power to improve the team when the time is right, not build the team with super stars now at silly prices.  West Ham are the prime example of idiots at the moment.  They are charging in bidding here and there and offering players stupid money.  If they fail to acheive Europe, they may even have to flog a few simply because the wage bill is massive.  How can Lucas Neill justify a £76k a week wage packet? he can't... and I don't want us to be like them.  We have good players, we just haven't had good management since Bobby Robson.  Allerdyce is the man, sort out the defence and sign some experienced players to cover any weak spots and that will do for me.  It's possible that we will make 6th or 5th spot next season if we get right people in over the summer, once we get European football, then its time to sell deadwood and buy big to push for 4th.

Guest kmdnufc

Ljunberg has been linked to Portsmouth the most.

We don't need him with Nobby and Milner on the right. We've also been linked a lot to Gökdeniz Karadeniz of Trabzonspor for around £1m. He prefers to play on the right.

I certainly hope that's not the way Allardyce is thinking.  If he thinks Brown is better he should go for Brown..  Going for an inferior player just to save a million or so is ridiculous, especially now..

Um no ...

I was thinking more along the lines that Sam thinks they are both of a similar level.