2. Baines (£8m)

3. Ujfalusi (£5m)

4. Tuncay (free)

5. Duscher (free)

6. Trabelsi (free)

7. Kim Kallstrom/ sneijder (£10m)

8. Hoyte (£4m?)

Lining them up like this:

...................Given........................

ujfalusi..Taylor..Ben Haim..Baines

...................Duscher....................

............Barton.....Emre................

......Owen...................Martins......

...................Viduka......................

Or 4-4-2 like this:

...................Duscher....................

Milner...........Barton............Tuncay

............Owen.......Viduka...............

or

Milner...........Barton...........Tuncay

...................Kallstrom...................

..............Martins...Viduka..............

i swear trabaisi has been available on free for the past 5 transfer windows? how good can he be if thats the case.

probably about 8million and champions league football.

Does anyone know how much it would roughly cost to get Philip Lahm from Bayern Munich?

I'd imagine atleast £10m. Although I don't think he is available as Bayern won't be selling any of their big players as they want to get back in the CL next year.

bayern finished outside the cl?

They had a shite one in the league last year, but they've been spending some money of late in a bid to get back to the top and in cl.

bayern finished outside the cl?

Yep, only top 3 get in CL. Bayern finished 4th.

Already signalled their intent though by buying Ribery and Toni.

Great buys too.  They will fire them up the league easy.

Well by what has been said I'd put a bid in for Lahm and see how we get on. I'm not one of these people who gets carried away with how good the Premier League is (as I think after the top 4, the rest last season were very average) but with all the money that is coming in now with TV and new owners then surely playing in England must be very appealing. The reason given by players for wanting to play in the Champions League is that they want to play against the best players, well in a few years time maybe the Premier League will be stronger than the Champions League.

Guest SeattleToon

I think we really need to focus on rebuilding our defense. Right now we only have one defender (Taylor) who is good enough to be successful in the Premier League. I think our midfield is decent enough, and with the signing of Viduka, our attack is all set. The main problem as I see it is that our defense has been so poor that our midfielders have had too spend too much time supporting them, thus stunting our attack. Build a solid defense, and our midfielders will be freed up to focus on going forward.

I would also stay away from current Premier League players simply because of valuation (unless they are on a free, like Viduka). You can get excellent continental players for a fraction of the price of Premier League players. That said, now that Ashley is taking over, valuation may become much less of a concern.

Given

Richards  Milito    Ben Haim  Bridge

Appiah

Diego      Barton

Bellamy    Viduka      Tevez

That is all.

Craig Bellamy

Would you swap him for Owen? (since Liverpool want £9m and the supposed release fee is £9m)

Actually, I would have liked him to play alongside Owen preferably.

Owens contract bothers me. He is a free agent in 18 months. If he won't extend - and I think he owes us this - then I would immediately look around to getting the biggest fee possible, or the best part exchange. Bellamy and a few million quid comes into this category.

I have to say this, because you shouldn't sell your best players, the trouble being now as compared to the past, the Bosman ruling has moved the goalposts. We don't want to lose Owen for nothing in 2 years time.

Given

Richards  Milito    Ben Haim  Bridge

Appiah

Diego      Barton

Bellamy    Viduka      Tevez

That is all.

Not to be funny mate, but I just can't see us getting Richards, Milito, Appiah, Tevez or Diego. 

I always sigh when I see posts suggesting players we just can't get (or its highly unlikely we will get).  It's fantasy.  Surely its better to think about who we CAN SIGN and who would improve team from that list?

I always sigh when I see posts suggesting players we just can't get (or its highly unlikely we will get).  It's fantasy.  Surely its better to think about who we CAN SIGN and who would improve team from that list?

Gareth Barry - £5mil (Surprised he's not involved with England more, great player.  Good attacking full back although he has played a lot on left midfield, I'd stick him back at left back for us)

Firstly, he's obviously not realistically available. Other than that, he is wasted at full back, he's far better left side of midfield. Actually, he's been excellent centre midfield towards the end of the season.

And 5m? I think not.

Gareth Barry - £5mil (Surprised he's not involved with England more, great player.  Good attacking full back although he has played a lot on left midfield, I'd stick him back at left back for us)

Firstly, he's obviously not realistically available. Other than that, he is wasted at full back, he's far better left side of midfield. Actually, he's been excellent centre midfield towards the end of the season.

And 5m? I think not.

I've always liked Barry as a player. I think he's quality, and now that you've mentioned it, it would be interesting to see Barry and Barton as a midfield pairing. Has plenty of potential imo. 7m? please?