Tuncay apparently signs for Boro

KaKa

Guest Alex20

77 goals isn't a very good return for 200 odd games - especially as it's the turkish league, he should be banging in a goal every second game atleast.

Ignorance truly is a bliss.

First tuncay played as a winger on midfield, while tracking back quite some time.

Second, turkish league sucks technically, but physically it's rough. It's not easy to score as people make it out to be.

Third, tuncay has put up a release clause in his contract for 5 M Pounds.

I think he picked the wrong team, boro sucks. I don't know how a player who can't even control the ball

will be succesfull in the EPL. His technique is disastrous. Turkish league gives you that freedom now and then,

but the EPL doesn't leave you that room, he'll be man handled. So like some said, he's a hit or miss. He's either going

to blossom, or he's going to be awful. No in between.

Guest emre5

Where is that turkish gadgy that was convinced he was signing for Inter, and Newcastle wouldnt even come into his thinking?

Dissapointing we havent wanted to take a punt on him, but Giuly would probably be a better bet, plus he is good on either wing, whilst Tuncay is more left sided, good signing for Boro though, will be interesting to see how he does.

That said we might not be interested in getting anyone for those positions.

puts his hand up, over here :) . Gadgy? One of those POMie words I don't understand, I'll have to ask the Mrs. I never said he was too good for the toon, there was strong rumours that he was going to Ac Milan. The Turkish media have dunnit again. Anyway I'm very dissapointed for him I would've stayed with Fener instead and have a chance to compete in the CL. But if he has a standout season then the big fish will come out and play. He has the pace and lungs for the epl just his technique is a let down otherwise who knows will be intresting to see.

Guest emre5

oh and if they place him as a forward good luck, he needs to play the supporting role either thru the middle or  out wide. Don't recall him playing as a forward last season.

very very good signing for boro - now we just need to see if he can adapt to the epl!

Agreed.

Gutted tbh i'm sure he will be a cracking player   :'(

You'll have to change your sig.

If he's so good, why have none of the top teams in either England, Spain, Italy or Germany seriously gone for him? I mean, he's signed for Middlesbrough. That was his best option? Boro?

Where is that turkish gadgy that was convinced he was signing for Inter, and Newcastle wouldnt even come into his thinking?

Dissapointing we havent wanted to take a punt on him, but Giuly would probably be a better bet, plus he is good on either wing, whilst Tuncay is more left sided, good signing for Boro though, will be interesting to see how he does.

That said we might not be interested in getting anyone for those positions.

puts his hand up, over here :) . Gadgy? One of those POMie words I don't understand, I'll have to ask the Mrs. I never said he was too good for the toon, there was strong rumours that he was going to Ac Milan. The Turkish media have dunnit again. Anyway I'm very dissapointed for him I would've stayed with Fener instead and have a chance to compete in the CL. But if he has a standout season then the big fish will come out and play. He has the pace and lungs for the epl just his technique is a let down otherwise who knows will be intresting to see.

:wave:

Will certainly be interesting to see how he adapts. With Downing they are unlikely to play him on the Left Wing.

If he's so good, why have none of the top teams in either England, Spain, Italy or Germany seriously gone for him? I mean, he's signed for Middlesbrough. That was his best option? Boro?

True.

I read Tuncay wanted to be starting games and not sitting on the bench. On a free it may have been worth trying to sign him but he wouldn't be guaranteed to start games at NUFC so chances are he wouldn't be happy. Also, we don't really need another striker at the moment as we have Owen, Martins, Viduka and Ameobi (with Carroll and Dyer in reserve). Would signing Tuncay not have been another case of signing a player we didn't need (a la Duff)?

Is it just me or has Big Sam's halo tilted ever so slightly today? I mean, before today he could do no wrong, he was making the right move in everything he did, saying the right stuff etc - to be crude, the sun casically shined out of his crack. Today - he's said we are NOT in for Guily, Tuncay and Baines (so, the only three players I had actually heard of that we've been linked with, and the three I was genuinely excited about!) and also look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory so to speak with regards Tal Ben Haim and  Rozenhal - both were thought to be in the bag, but seem to be slipping away... Grrr.

Very Roeder-esque day tbh. Reminds me of when Roeder said he didn't want Campbell last year, then Kuyt was lost to Liverpool after we were seemingly favorites...

Before you all jump on my back - telling me not to worry, stop being so negative etc etc - its just an observation - not happy with the speculation today. Oh well - I'm sure he knows what he's doing....  :hmh:

Is it just me or has Big Sam's halo tilted ever so slightly today? I mean, before today he could do no wrong, he was making the right move in everything he did, saying the right stuff etc - to be crude, the sun casically shined out of his crack. Today - he's said we are NOT in for Guily, Tuncay and Baines (so, the only three players I had actually heard of that we've been linked with, and the three I was genuinely excited about!) and also look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory so to speak with regards Tal Ben Haim and  Rozenhal - both were thought to be in the bag, but seem to be slipping away... Grrr.

Very Roeder-esque day tbh. Reminds me of when Roeder said he didn't want Campbell last year, then Kuyt was lost to Liverpool after we were seemingly favorites...

Before you all jump on my back - telling me not to worry, stop being so negative etc etc - its just an observation - not happy with the speculation today. Oh well - I'm sure he knows what he's doing....  :hmh:

Haim has his fecking wedding next week mate!

How can Allardyce hassle him over a contract 24/7.

Tuncay was linked with Birmingham and hasn't attracted anyone better than Boro sounds a canny player.

Guily.. just why

The players Allardyce has gone after all progressed very quickly barring Barton's hiccup.

Very Roeder-eque my arse, he sold club captain straight from the off.  ..Some people, jeeeeeez

Haim has his fecking wedding next week mate!

How can Allardyce hassle him over a contract 24/7.

Tuncay was linked with Birmingham and hasn't attracted anyone better than Boro sounds a canny player.

Guily.. just why

The players Allardyce has gone after all progressed very quickly barring Barton's hiccup.

Very Roeder-eque my arse, he sold club captain straight from the off.  ..Some people, jeeeeeez

Actually - reports are suggesting Chelsea have won the race to sign TBH. Hence the comment.

We are being linked with this other Turkish winger - Gokdeniz something or other - surely one would much rather have proven quality in Guily, for the same price?!!

Hope this clarifies aforementioned comments.

Have you seen this from .com

Turking the p*ss

Under the headline "Turkish Fans Say: 'You're Signing A Star'", the official smoggy site has published a number of emails allegedly from Fenerbahce fans about new signing Tuncay Sanli, including:

"I have heard you have signed Fenerbahce captain Tuncay Sanli," wrote Ufuk Cihan. "If it's true Boro made the transfer of the year.

"He is a spectacular young player. I'm honestly jealous because I'm a Newcastle fan. He is Turkey's best player and one of the best players I have ever seen."

Ufuk Cihan? That sounds very iffy, especially when said quickly in a dodgy accent. Did the Ottoman empire really get as far as Tyneside?

Currently trying to avoid having to tell my workmates why i'm laughing so much

mackems.gif

I'd still be very worried if i was a boro fan. I genuinly think they need to stengthen there side if they will avoid relegation. The have some good players but their strikerforce is non existant. I don't believe someone like Tuncay will dramatically transform that.

Also add to the fact the slow paced defensive football they play and i think they could be in trouble.

I'm always amazed when I read these threads about you lot thinking the Boro will be in trouble.

Yeah, we may be one striker lite at the moment but don't forget Yakubu pulled in 15 goals last year and will do the same next, plus Adialiere/Dong Gook Lee will weigh in with at least 10 between them, not even figuring Tuncay into that mix.

The defence is solid, the midfield is going to get an injection of pace down the right, maybe even from Milner, and an experience right back sound.

You still think three of Wigan, Man City, Fulham, Derby, Sunlan and Brum will finish above us?

You've got to catch us yourselves!

oh and btw - watch Jekyll on BBC ONE on Saturday night. Will be good training on watching Viduka for a season.

I'm always amazed when I read these threads about you lot thinking the Boro will be in trouble.

Yeah, we may be one striker lite at the moment but don't forget Yakubu pulled in 15 goals last year and will do the same next, plus Adialiere/Dong Gook Lee will weigh in with at least 10 between them, not even figuring Tuncay into that mix.

The defence is solid, the midfield is going to get an injection of pace down the right, maybe even from Milner, and an experience right back sound.

You still think three of Wigan, Man City, Fulham, Derby, Sunlan and Brum will finish above us?

oh and btw - watch Jekyll on BBC ONE on Saturday night. Will be good training on watching Viduka for a season.

:lol: I love the way you lot seem to think you are going to sign Milner. You obviously haven't seen this today:

NEWCASTLE United manager Sam Allardyce has expressed his admiration for United young guns Steven Taylor and James Milner who are both expected to feature in Thursday's England Under 21 European Championship encounter with Italy.

The United pair are very much in Big Sam's plans as he looks to continue his team rebuilding at St. James' Park.

And the Toon gaffer said: "I know plenty about Steven Taylor and James Milner and I'm looking forward to working with them at Newcastle United.

"It's important at a football club that you have good young players coming through and they certainly fall into that bracket.

"They already have a lot of first team experience because of the injury problems at Newcastle last season and that will undoubtedly help their development.

"In terms of being young and English, they are the backbone of the team and hopefully I can help their development and they can have long and successful careers at Newcastle United."

Keep dreaming though smogs.

I think the mackems could finish above Boro tbh.

Good defence, yes. Good midfield, no. The only real talent in your midfield is Downing and he is massively over-rated. Yakubu did score 15 goals but that might have something to do with his superior striker partner who now plays in black and white.

and why would our player of the year from last season even contemplate joining boro?

The packed stadium?

The amazing ambition?

The great financial resources?

The great manager?

Their great players?

Their wonderful city/town/shithole?

Think before you speak.

The same, sad reason any player signs for anybody these days

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

The same, sad reason any player signs for anybody these days

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

We've got more money than Boro, and although many players are money motivated i am 100% Milner is definitely not one of them. As if any of our players would leave our club for yours you deluded idiot.