Who would you sell now?

Crumpy Gunt

Martins. (Bellamy)

Dyer (Tuncay)

Babayaro (Baines)

Carr. (Nobby will do)

Could all be replaced with better (in brackets). And likely for less than we'll get for them. (not that money is the issue anymore)

Assuming Owen stays Martins will be effectively benchbound and we saw how he took to that situation at Watford. Sam said 2 players for each position Owen/Martins Viduka/Shola.

Dyers a cunt and Tuncay is free.

Baba - lazy shirking twat. Baines is the right age at the right price (£5m'ish)

Would agree with that other than I would like to give Martins more time. He has his faults but he also has a lot of positives.

That said lets not turn this into another Martins slagfest! :)

Wouldn't be overly bothered seeing any of those go, but if we sell Martins I'd want us to aim higher than Bellamy if I'm honest.

He's proved this season at Liverpool he's not really good enough for a team aiming to push on towards the very top of the table, which must be our aim.

Wouldn't be upset to see Dyer stay and challenege Nobby for the spot at RB.

I'd get rid of Duff before Dyer for sure.

Wouldn't be overly bothered seeing any of those go, but if we sell Martins I'd want us to aim higher than Bellamy if I'm honest.

He's proved this season at Liverpool he's not really good enough for a team aiming to push on towards the very top of the table, which must be our aim.

Liverpool hardly play to Belamys strengths do they?

Agree with Crumpy, bar Martins.

Martins youth and power edges Bellamy out of the picture for me.

A good manager with good training will be able to bring him on and overtake anything Bellamy is capable of.

Think it would be careless booting Babayaro, as it would mean we'd have two left-backs to sign. Same situation with Dyer. Selling him would mean having to fill another needless gap.

Carr, Pattison and Luque for now.

Think it would be careless booting Babayaro, as it would mean we'd have two left-backs to sign. Same situation with Dyer. Selling him would mean having to fill another needless gap.

Carr, Pattison and Luque for now.

Sorry but Babayaro does not count as a footballer.

We need to sign two LB's imo, one expensive one, and one for the future, get rid of Babayaro, even if it means releasing him on a free transfer.

Allardyce plays a pretty direct style too, would we really be playing to his strenghts either?

Think Bellamy is declining as a player personally, he'll be 28 by the time next season starts and he's quite injury prone.

Just don't think it's a significant enough upgrade, and its one we would probably regret in two or three years time.

That Tevez chap at West Ham is who we should be after.  :thup:

Bellamy is 28, had a hell of a lot of injuries in his career and already looks like he might be on the way down. Big risk to be spending a lot of money on, especially if he is going to have to fight for his place, we all know he really doesn't like that!

Wouldn't mind getting Dyer and Luque off the wage bill. That would save about £120,000 a week too which is just insane when you think about it.

Also the shite like Pattison and Ramage. Carr and Babayaro would be straight out of the door too as soon as they were replaced by better players. 

And we play to Martins right?

Carr -Turtle

Pattison - Ginger

Babayaro - Lazy

Damien - Duff

Ramage - Slimline Bramble

Dyer - Before he's found out/Injured

Ameobi - He'll start whinging when he realises he's fourth choice.

Guest elbee909

We shouldn't sell Shola, I expect Martins and Owen to both get injured at least once

Then sell him and replace him.

I think Martins was a good buy in the situation we were in last season, but with Owen back and more money to spend, it'd now be a good time to move him on. There seems to be clubs out there willing to pay £10 million plus for him, which is a good deal for a player who will struggle to make the first team next season.

He's a good athlete rather than a good footballer, and so although he may improve I don't think he'll improve much.

Dont understand selling Martins.

Its like saying let sell Viduka and get Sibierski back.

If we are this critical of Martins after his first season scoring 17 goals and at the age of 22, the god help the poor sod that would come in and replace him.

Carr is the only guy I want to see shipped out of the club, asap. Fast followed by Baba.

Dont understand selling Martins.

Its like saying let sell Viduka and get Sibierski back.

It's not the same thing, or even at all similiar, tbh.

There's a legitimate debate over whether Martins or Bellamy would be of more use to us, doubt anyone on earth would argue Sib is anywhere near Viduka as a player.

Bellamy would probably be an upgrade on Martins in the short term, but within a couple of years I'd expect Oba will be the better player so don't think the deal would make sense at all.

I cant agree with that, Martins is a different player to Bellamy, like Viduka is to Sibierski, a player who personally i think is superior to Bellamy. Like Viduka is to Sibierski.

I dont think going back for a player that is not as good allround or in terms of goalscoring is anything less than a backwards step, much like getting Sibierski back would be.

Granted the gap inbetween Bellamy and Martins isnt as big as Sibbers and Viduka. But I would fail to see the point in selling someone that has scored more than Bellamy ever has in one season.

I understand peoples frustrations with the lad at times, but given some decent coaching, his age, the fact he will actually be prepared for the premiership next season. They sky is the limit with the guy.

You know why your getting with Bellamy, if anything he has gone down hill since being with us, and for me he isnt worth the trouble off the pitch.