Souness: Magpies have Problems

Guest johnson293

Guest philinho

Allardyce has spent £5.5m and got 2 (probably soon to be 3) proven premiership players, Souness spent double that on one Spanish mis-fit. I actually spoke to a gent from  Deportivo recently and he said they were loving it when we came in with a £10m offer for Luque.

Guest sittingontheball

Wasn't he supposed to be effing off to Australia?  The sooner, the ferking better.

Can't they cull ex-Liverpool pundits like they do baby seals?  They could have a raffle to see who does the clubbing. You'd get a tenner a ticket easily. For charity like.

'(Mike Ashley) is obviously a very wealthy individual but success will depend on how much money he is prepared to spend. During my time at Newcastle and Glenn Roeder's time we had money to spend but it was to tart the team up, not to build a team. It will need big money to bridge that gap into the top four because it is an enormous gap. The top four are so far away from everyone else at the moment. It's a very, very difficult job. This is a big football club with big problems.

Sam has never managed a big club before and this is his opportunity to be successful. You wake up in morning when you manage a big club and you look to get through day with the fewest problems. I didn't enjoy my time up there. It's not the pressure of expectation. I have worked at bigger clubs than Newcastle and expectation you can live with. It is everything else you have to put up with. It is a very difficult job.

That is a fundamental problem in football today. You get people who come into the game and they are in it for five or six years, sometimes less, and all of a sudden they are experts. I am talking about owners and chairmen. They decide who comes and goes from your club, they are laying the policy down on so many issues. I could name half a dozen clubs off the top of my head where that happens.

I lost out on a bid to buy Wolves and believes his experience as a manager and player would make him much more sensitive to the problem. I feel I can do it better than some of the people I worked for. I know I would not be there to interfere."

Who does he mean? It was him that spunked the cash by buying CB from his pal & bought a winger/striker/sub because his pal the Des Lynham of Spanish football said he was a good player.

I'd never get tired of punching him. Every time he opens his mouth I want to put my boot through his face and I'm not normally a violent lass. There's just something about him.

Guest Knightrider

He's right about the problems which I think he's referring to the local media and how we can all suffocate the club at times, but any manager worth his salt will tap into that and turn it into a positive ala KK, the media as his communication tool and the fans as the 12th man. Which Souness failed to do because he was shite. Anyway he's long gone now.

He is one of those sad individuals that cannot take responsibility for his own inadequacies. I just loved it when he left!! He, however, does make a couple of fairly valid points. Firstly the team does need to be rebuilt, and have a fair amount of money spent on it. This is mainly HIS doing as he ripped the heart and soul from our club, getting rid of our better players and buying in absolute pap. He also appears to have a dig at shepard, quite rightly in my opinion for interferring in the transfer market. This is clearly still continuing as we appear to be after many of the same targets as under roeder. Lets hope that the evaluation of the club gets rid of the dead wood at the top.

He's right about the problems which I think he's referring to the local media and how we can all suffocate the club at times, but any manager worth his salt will tap into that and turn it into a positive ala KK, the media as his communication tool and the fans as the 12th man. Which Souness failed to do because he was s****. Anyway he's long gone now.

Allardyce warns: "The fans here will show their anger. We know that, as good as they are at showing their excitement when things are going well, they will show their disappointment too.

"Instead of not turning up, like fans of many clubs do, they turn up and let their dissatisfaction be known, and we have to live with that."

Guest Knightrider

He's right about the problems which I think he's referring to the local media and how we can all suffocate the club at times, but any manager worth his salt will tap into that and turn it into a positive ala KK, the media as his communication tool and the fans as the 12th man. Which Souness failed to do because he was s****. Anyway he's long gone now.

Allardyce warns: "The fans here will show their anger. We know that, as good as they are at showing their excitement when things are going well, they will show their disappointment too.

"Instead of not turning up, like fans of many clubs do, they turn up and let their dissatisfaction be known, and we have to live with that."

Exactly, treat it as a plus point and turn it to your advantage. Fans are no mugs, not a majority voice anyway, if they're unhappy with something there will be a very good reason why. KK was of the same philosophy.

Guest Micktoon

Souness is a cunt end off. However, sky sports are meant to be one of the foremost authorities on Premier League football, so why the fuck didn't someone, Richard keyes for example, pose the question, ( as previously statedf). " Graeme, you contemptable cunt, when you took over that great squad of players you where 4 points from the promised land, you spent 50 million and then almost took them down, could you please explain to our viewers where exactly did you tart the fucking team up, you absolute bellend".

Until sky start asking these questions i may just well refuse to pay. :razz:

Wasn't he supposed to be effing off to Australia?  The sooner, the ferking better.

Can't they cull ex-Liverpool pundits like they do baby seals?  They could have a raffle to see who does the clubbing. You'd get a tenner a ticket easily. For charity like.

What shit are you talking about, culling baby seals! you have the wrong country ignoramus.

Guest johnson293

Souness is a c*** end off. However, sky sports are meant to be one of the foremost authorities on Premier League football, so why the f*** didn't someone, Richard keyes for example, pose the question, ( as previously statedf). " Graeme, you contemptable c***, when you took over that great squad of players you where 4 points from the promised land, you spent 50 million and then almost took them down, could you please explain to our viewers where exactly did you tart the f****** team up, you absolute bellend".

But you know what he would say if/when someoine does pose that question?....

"Lady luck was always against us, and esepcially with so many injuries"

He wasn't man enough to realise/accept his failings while doing the job, so I doubt he'd recognise them now either. Glenn Roeder doesn't think anyone could have gotten Newcastle any higher than he did last season either, also due to injuries.

Souness is a cunt end off. However, sky sports are meant to be one of the foremost authorities on Premier League football, so why the fuck didn't someone, Richard keyes for example, pose the question, ( as previously statedf). " Graeme, you contemptable cunt, when you took over that great squad of players you where 4 points from the promised land, you spent 50 million and then almost took them down, could you please explain to our viewers where exactly did you tart the fucking team up, you absolute bellend".

Top question

;D

The guy is an Arsehole of the highest order.

Be legendary if Roeder came out now and said "I dont have a fucking clue what your talking about graeme, but the club certainly had bigger problems when i took over than when i first got to the club."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=471120&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Souness:+Magpies+have+problems&channel=football_home&

Graeme Souness admits he never enjoyed his time at St James' Park, claiming Newcastle United are a club with 'big problems'.

The former Scotland international spent 18 months in charge on Tyneside before being dismissed in February 2006.

Sam Allardyce has now taken on the job in the North East and Souness has warned the ex-Bolton boss of the perils which lie ahead.

"Sam has never managed a big club before and this is his opportunity to be successful," Souness told Sportsweek on Radio Five Live.

"You wake up in the morning when you manage a big club and you look to get through the day with the fewest problems.

"I didn't enjoy my time up there. It's not the pressure of expectation. I have worked at bigger clubs than Newcastle and expectation you can live with.

"It is everything else you have to put up with. It is a very difficult job."

Souness also revealed that prospective Newcastle owner Mike Ashley must be ready to dig deep to finance any push for UEFA Champions League qualification.

He added: "(Ashley) is obviously a very wealthy individual, but success will depend on how much money he is prepared to spend.

"During my time at Newcastle and Glenn Roeder's time we had money to spend, but it was to tart the team up, not to build a team.

"It will need big money to bridge that gap into the top four because it is an enormous gap. The top four are so far away from everyone else at the moment.

"It's a very, very difficult job. This is a big football club with big problems."

He never mentioned 'Lady Luck' once!!!  :D

it was 4 points when he came and he was given 50m quid to get them.

Silly twat

The guy is an Arsehole of the highest order.

Be legendary if Roeder came out now and said "I dont have a f****** clue what your talking about graeme, but the club certainly had bigger problems when i took over than when i first got to the club."

Do you mean when Roeder fist arrived at the club as a player or when he returned to work with the Academy?

If you mean as a player then the club is a totaly different entity to what it was when Roeder was a player so to compare problems the club may have had would be wrong.

If you mean when he took the job in the Academy, well Souness was already our manager and had already signed the likes of Boumsong and Faye.