David Trezeguet

GeordieDazzler

Dead cert to leave Juve, 109 goals in 181 games (Domestically - he's got 140+ in total) and he's 29. Worth a shot?

From Channel 4...

After he scored in the 3-2 defeat to Spezia this afternoon at Turin’s Stadio Olimpico, Trezeguet made a very clear gesture towards the VIP section where President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli was seated.

He made a number 15 with his fingers – the goals he has scored in Serie B this season – and then a gesture that in Italian means “I’m out of here.”

This has done nothing to calm the tension between club and striker, who is now 99 per cent certain to walk away despite their return to Serie A and the arrival of Coach Claudio Ranieri.

It’s open warfare between David Trezeguet and Juventus. “This club does not respect me. I will leave and take my 140 goals with me.”

The Frenchman is renegotiating his contract, which expires in 2008, but caused controversy during this afternoon’s 3-2 Serie B defeat to Spezia.

When scoring his 15th goal of the season, he celebrated with an offensive gesture to the President in the stands, making the Italian signal for ‘15’ and then ‘I’m out of here.’

“This club does not respect me. They made a proposal that made me understand they have already made other choices,” said Trezeguet to the Press after the Serie B trophy presentation.

Since joining in 2000, the former Monaco man has become Juve’s all-time top foreign scorer with 140 goals.

“I have done what Didier Deschamps asked of me: 15 goals. I was here for seven years and in that time earned the trust of over 14 million fans all over the world, plus the confidence of my teammates.

“Unfortunately, the club has a different viewpoint to mine, so I will leave and take my 140 goals with me, safe in the knowledge I have always given my contribution.

“There is no margin for negotiation now. If they had just told me I wasn’t wanted that would have been better than offering me a ridiculous contract. Perhaps someone has doubts over my abilities. I wanted to carry on with Juve, but the club doesn’t want me.”

This was a day of goodbyes at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin, as the Bianconeri celebrate winning the title and earning promotion, but there were emotional scenes with Trezeguet singled out for embraces and applause by his teammates.

“I am truly sorry for the fans and my companions, but I hope I earned a place for myself in this club’s history. I don’t know what will happen in the future, we will see.”

http://www.corriere.it/Fotogallery/Tagliate/2007/06_Giugno/10/TRE/2.JPGhttp://www.corriere.it/Fotogallery/Tagliate/2007/06_Giugno/10/TRE/3.JPG

http://www.corriere.it/Fotogallery/Tagliate/2007/06_Giugno/10/TRE/4.JPGhttp://www.corriere.it/Fotogallery/Tagliate/2007/06_Giugno/10/TRE/5.JPG

Can do better than us, replacement for Henry perhaps?

How would he be a replacement for Henry? Trezeguet didn't earn his nickname the snake in the grass for nothing.

Completely different kind of player than Henry.

How would he be a replacement for Henry? Trezeguet didn't earn his nickname the snake in the grass for nothing.

I think what he ment is that both score goals and are the main strikers of their teams.

I didn't say they were the same type of player. You don't have to replace like for like and it would be very hard for Arsenal to get another Henry imo.

Not sure our fans would take to him, he's shockingly lazy and generally does nothing in games apart from pop up and score goals.

Great player in a top team that can afford to have a passenger type whose job is just to score goals, but I really don't think he's what we should be looking at right now.

Not a fear of it happeneing anyway.

Not sure our fans would take to him, he's shockingly lazy and generally does nothing in games apart from pop up and score goals.

Great player in a top team that can afford to have a passenger type whose job is just to score goals, but I really don't think he's what we should be looking at right now.

Yep, just the sort of player toon fans would love to hate.

Guest kmdnufc

Inter want him and let them have him.

Jesus inter are after every bloody striker on the planet at the moment.

Inter Milan have held talks with the father and agent of Juventus striker David Trezeguet. You know they want to sell Adriano ...

We've got enough strikers.

3. Enough considering one is injury-prone? Does Dyer count?

Ameobi, Carroll, Owen, Viduka, Martins

Makeshifts: Luque, Dyer and maybe Duff.

But we have 3 established strikers. Let's not mention Luque and the other 2 makeshifts are also very injury prone. Unless the management have high hopes for Carroll (like Hughes had for that lad whose name escapes me) I suggest we invest in another striker... **realizes he forgot someone**

No it's alright, we have Shola.

It is very very easy, and of course a favourite pastime, for fans to slate a poacher type striker for being lazy. A poacher has to go invisible during games so that he is not noticed and tightly marked by the defenders. It is best if defenders totally forgot about his existence.

RVN, Owen, Trezeguet, Inzhagi, Larsson, Fred etc are all lazy strikers. When fat Ronaldo is lazy he is really being lazy because his game is not about going invisible and strike out of the blue. But it is very unfair to critise Trezeguet for being lazy when it is his duty to be lazy.

Only a poor and bad poacher striker does not appear lazy.

It is very very easy, and of course a favourite pastime, for fans to slate a poacher type striker for being lazy. A poacher has to go invisible during games so that he is not noticed and tightly marked by the defenders. It is best if defenders totally forgot about his existence.

RVN, Owen, Trezeguet, Inzhagi, Larsson, Fred etc are all lazy strikers. When fat Ronaldo is lazy he is really being lazy because his game is not about going invisible and strike out of the blue. But it is very unfair to critise Trezeguet for being lazy when it is his duty to be lazy.

Only a poor and bad poacher striker does not appear lazy.

Sorry but Larsson was far from a lazy player...