Citeh look knacked!

Crumpy Gunt

Guest graemeh72

Noels view ......http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_6740000/newsid_6746300/6746373.stm?bw=bb&mp=rm

More colossal news for City, Souey is meant to be in the running to buy them.  He was wanted to buy Wolves a few weeks ago, it seems his new quest is to be a owner of a football club. If he gets the club, Dean Saunders as the next city manager would be worth a punt.

More colossal news for City, Souey is meant to be in the running to buy them.  He was wanted to buy Wolves a few weeks ago, it seems his new quest is to be a owner of a football club. If he gets the club, Dean Saunders as the next city manager would be worth a punt.

I think if Brown Envelope buys City, he'll want to run things himself tbh.

I actually think the guy came across very well in his interview with SSN's.

If i were a Citeh fan i don't think i'd be too worried about him, although the SGE link shows he's not really a football man, but i think Sven could do a decent job and bring Citeh up to spec in the EPL with a decent amount of money.

My opinion of him certainly has changed slightly.

i'll put this in here aswell in case doc spec pops in.

i've heard thickskin shawaddywaddy borrowed the cash to make the purchase of man city......do you know if this is true ?

I don't "know" for sure. But that rumour has been denied.

PS:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i113/akisby2006/3006384.jpg

Guest nufc 4 life

it doesn't sound that bad, if there is no legal basis. However hope it stays like this so we don't have any more major money competing against us

i thank you very much, i told you there wouldn't be any problems ;)

Sven ready to sign

Exclusive M.E.N. sports editor Peter Spencer

23/ 6/2007

SVEN-Goran Eriksson is set to be unveiled as Manchester City boss next week.

The ex-England coach has been mulling over a £2m-plus-a-year contract for the last three days.

He is, manchestereveningnews.co.uk understands, to accept.

Reports in Sweden, as in the UK, have been speculating which way the 59-year-old Swede would go.

But indications given to us are that he is ready to move in at Eastlands and, in the next 12 hours, formal details of his contract will be thrashed out.

With seven out of 10 Blues' supporters indicating on this website's poll that they want Eriksson to succeed sacked Stuart Pearce, it represents a second boost for the club this week.

Controversial ex-Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is putting £130m into the club, on shares and taking up debt, and £50m on a summer transfer kitty, which will now be spent by Eriksson.

Eriksson was a huge success in his managerial career in Sweden, Portugal and Italy, and his standing was so high during the early phase of his England career that he was identified as the replacement for Sir Alex Ferguson at United.

But Ferguson did a U-turn and Eriksson, with his headline-grabbing private life, lost his England job after a disappointing World Cup in Germany.

He is saying "yes" to City after a year in the wilderness, during which he has built a blueprint of star players City could try to lure to Eastlands.

Although it is virtually certain that he will be unveiled at Eastlands next week, when he will become the highest paid manager in the club's history, two other respected bosses, Blackburn's Mark Hughes and Sevilla's Juande Ramos, remain on the shortlist should there be any 11th hour hitches.

Thoughts please.....

PS:

Here in Sunny Yorkshire we have a radio station called "Real Radio" ' date=' it covers sport for Yorkshire clubs etc.  This afternoon they have had a lenghy interview with Neil Warnock, it is my duty to report that sadly Neil has "[i']ruled himself out of the Man City job[/i]" because it looks like the new owners prefer a foreign coach.

He then said "Manchester City is the calibre of club he would be interested in working for" and he would "consider" the opportunity if it was offered to him.

:laugh:

Sven ready to sign

Exclusive M.E.N. sports editor Peter Spencer

23/ 6/2007

SVEN-Goran Eriksson is set to be unveiled as Manchester City boss next week.

The ex-England coach has been mulling over a £2m-plus-a-year contract for the last three days.

He is, manchestereveningnews.co.uk understands, to accept.

Reports in Sweden, as in the UK, have been speculating which way the 59-year-old Swede would go.

But indications given to us are that he is ready to move in at Eastlands and, in the next 12 hours, formal details of his contract will be thrashed out.

With seven out of 10 Blues' supporters indicating on this website's poll that they want Eriksson to succeed sacked Stuart Pearce, it represents a second boost for the club this week.

Controversial ex-Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is putting £130m into the club, on shares and taking up debt, and £50m on a summer transfer kitty, which will now be spent by Eriksson.

Eriksson was a huge success in his managerial career in Sweden, Portugal and Italy, and his standing was so high during the early phase of his England career that he was identified as the replacement for Sir Alex Ferguson at United.

But Ferguson did a U-turn and Eriksson, with his headline-grabbing private life, lost his England job after a disappointing World Cup in Germany.

He is saying "yes" to City after a year in the wilderness, during which he has built a blueprint of star players City could try to lure to Eastlands.

Although it is virtually certain that he will be unveiled at Eastlands next week, when he will become the highest paid manager in the club's history, two other respected bosses, Blackburn's Mark Hughes and Sevilla's Juande Ramos, remain on the shortlist should there be any 11th hour hitches.

Thoughts please.....

PS:

Here in Sunny Yorkshire we have a radio station called "Real Radio" ' date=' it covers sport for Yorkshire clubs etc.  This afternoon they have had a lenghy interview with Neil Warnock, it is my duty to report that sadly Neil has "[i']ruled himself out of the Man City job[/i]" because it looks like the new owners prefer a foreign coach.

He then said "Manchester City is the calibre of club he would be interested in working for" and he would "consider" the opportunity if it was offered to him.

:laugh:

Been mulling over?  mackems.gif

Desperate money grabbing fuker is probably being restrained by his agent who want to play hardball a bit before agreeing.

Guest Darth Toon

Thoughts please.....

Sven > Pearce

Thai bloke with loads of cash > clueless debt ridden bloke

So things must be on the up then! Had to be really, as I had you down as certs for the drop if you didn't get something sorted.

Short term, think you'll be looking at something similar to Villa last year - enough time to get in a few key players before the new season, but too late for a real overhaul. Longer term, not too sure about Sven - getting on a bit now isn't he, and comes with colossal baggage - combination of him and the dodgy dictator means a potential field day for the tabloids....

Sven will be just what Man City need at the moment, someone to come in and get some organisation into the team, he had is problems with England but that was down to him not having the bottle to drop certain star players, he's not going to have that problem at City.