Big Sam issues warning to O-Nut

Cajun

:razz:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=471735&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Big+Sam+issues+Magpies+warning

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce has warned the club's fans not to expect instant success.

Optimism is high on Tyneside following Allardyce's appointment as Newcastle's new manager after the departure of Glenn Roeder.

Allardyce has already been busy in the transfer market signing Mark Viduka and agreeing a deal for Joey Barton.

However, Allardyce is remaining cautious and insists he cannot turn round the club's fortunes overnight.

"Everyone wants instant success but this is a recipe for disaster," Allardyce told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle.

"In fact, the club has been a disaster in terms of success in the last 10 seasons, and if you want that you aren't going to get that from me.

"There is too much to do to have instant success here, even if we spent £100m.

"We have to put in completely new ideas and a complete new structure behind the scenes and then you have to sell all this to the players which takes time."

Allardyce accepts time is not on his side and that his future will be dictated by his success.

"My job relies on winning football matches at first-team level," added Allardyce.

"So I will adjust everything accordingly to make sure every game we go out and play and give myself enough time.

"The only time I will get is by winning football matches, not losing them - I know that I won't get any time if I lose them.

"I will then be a casualty like everybody else has been a casualty over the past few years.

"I know the responsibility and I know the only way to make the time I need is to get the results everyone wants as quickly as we can.

"But it cannot always happen. The long term and the growth of the club is what needs to be tackled now."

If he doesn't finish 7th, he's failed. Long-term plan or no long-term plan.

still recon we need to see what the budget is and who comes and goes then we make a fair judgement of finishing, I still recon we should be aiming to get into the intertoto or eufa so 7 before the take over I said top 10 but I now hope with fresh investment and getting rid of some of the shite then I hope for better.

Still nice to see he see's the bigger picture beyong just one season, its like what we have done in the past really buying a trophy signing on the basis of one season or hype and then not thinking about a "bigger picture".

Simply finishing top 10 isn't acceptable...otherwise why we were on Roeder's back for finishing where we did? Even on a small budget, he should be able to strengthen the areas we were seriously lacking in last season. If he hasn't at the very least got us back on level par with Spurs & Everton this time next year, then that's not good enough.

Simply finishing top 10 isn't acceptable...otherwise why we were on Roeder's back for finishing where we did? Even on a small budget, he should be able to strengthen the areas we were seriously lacking in last season. If he hasn't at the very least got us back on level par with Spurs & Everton this time next year, then that's not good enough.

Both those clubs are way ahead of us at the moment imo.

Look, if Roeder can finish 7th with the squad he had surely we can expect the same or better from Allardyce. Assuming that Barton is in for Parker and both Martins and Owen don't leave, we've already got a superior squad IMO.

Don't see anyone beyond Manchester United and Chelsea looking that much stronger at this point.

TBH i said top 10 when we started the SA thread and where I felt was a fair place for a first season, while now with the possibility of a bigger budget then your expectations get raised thats the nature of the game. I actually think there is a big difference between everton and spuds spuds being the better of the two. I totally hope for a top 7 finish but by no means if i see signs of constant improvement on and off the pitch then I will be happy.

Look, if Roeder can finish 7th with the squad he had surely we can expect the same or better from Allardyce. Assuming that Barton is in for Parker and both Martins and Owen don't leave, we've already got a superior squad IMO.

Don't see anyone beyond Manchester United and Chelsea looking that much stronger at this point.

Football isn't as simple as that though.

We need more than 3 key signings to catch the likes of Spurs and Everton, we currently have 1 centre back and no proper full backs for a start!

you at SJP every week? same for nut.

I hope your joking.

Why? We're way behind the top 4, we're behind Spurs & Everton but with 3 signings in the areas we're very weak, we can bridge that gap. We're in the group with Bolton, Blackburn, Villa, etc. at the minute. Allardyce alone imo will add 10 points to our tally (no way would we have lost some of those sh*te home games last season with him in charge), so as we stand, I'm considering us as a 50-55 points a season team. With more signings, that should become 60-65.

I'd say Spurs are ahead of us. Wouldn't say Everton are way ahead. They could finish anywhere next season.

Beyond the top four... and arguably Spurs/Everton  there aren't a lot of good football teams. Portsmouth and Aston Villa maybe. But we should be finishing ahead of them. Bolton will surely be weaker. Reading too.

I hope your joking.

Why? We're way behind the top 4, we're behind Spurs & Everton but with 3 signings in the areas we're very weak, we can bridge that gap. We're in the group with Bolton, Blackburn, Villa, etc. at the minute. Allardyce alone imo will add 10 points to our tally (no way would we have lost some of those sh*te home games last season with him in charge), so as we stand, I'm considering us as a 50-55 points a season team. With more signings, that should become 60-65.

what he said.

Not that we'll be great. We don't have to be. Beyond the top four, no one is.

I hope your joking.

But if you think if he doesnt finish at least 7th he's failed then your an idiot. After everything that has gone on at this club, and after the past two seasons we have just had, a bit of stability and signs of improvement will be a great start. You cant go from a rotten club playing terrible football to finishing in the top 6-7 within 1 close season. Be realistic man!

Guest toon tone rudeboy

We would have finished higher than we did if Roeder knew anything about tactics and man management.  Allardyce does know of these things and therefore he will finish above 10th.  I do agree with what he is saying in terms of time being needed to not only build a squad but also a system (backroom staff, training, etc.).

My prediction is Intertoto.

I hope your joking.

But if you think if he doesnt finish at least 7th he's failed then your an idiot. After everything that has gone on at this club, and after the past two seasons we have just had, a bit of stability and signs of improvement will be a great start. You cant go from a rotten club playing terrible football to finishing in the top 6-7 within 1 close season. Be realistic man!

It was only a year ago a season combined with Souness & Roeder's management took us to 7th. Last year, Roeder was shocking.

I'll ask you this, would we have finished where we did last season had Allardyce been in charge?

I hope your joking.

what he said.

Not that we'll be great. We don't have to be. Beyond the top four, no one is.

I can see your point and by no means do i want to stop the good vibes but thinking that way also means thinking that teams around us will also not try to improve. I can see us going up the table how competitive we are when it comes to places all comes down to the players we bring in, how fit the squad stays and how long our cup runs I suppose it is not just as simple as we get better so our table does.

I hope your joking.

Where were Everton the season before they pipped Liverpool for 4th?

I hope your joking.

It was only a year ago a season combined with Souness & Roeder's management took us to 7th. Last year, Roeder was shocking.

I'll ask you this, would we have finished where we did last season had Allardyce been in charge?

Your question is totally irrelavant. We finsihed 7th under Roeder after Souness was bootedand the whole club got a temporary lift. There was no pressure on Roeder at the time to get results which also helped. You honestly think we started playing amazing football when Souness left and Roeder took over? No we didnt, there was a slight improvement and thats it. We got some good results and some lucky ones.

Since SBR left the football has been nothing short of horrible for 90% of the games. Boring, Boring football, with the occasional canny game thrown in. This club is on the up, but at theminute, as it stands, there still a shit load of work to be done, and its people like you are a cancer to the club, who after 1 season, Sam doesnt finifh in top 7 and you say he has failed. How can this club ever be a success when people are already talking about failure?

I hope your joking.

Where were Everton the season before they pipped Liverpool for 4th?

therefore its the same for every club?