Rigters signs for Blackburn

KaKa

What's the story with this young guy? Haven't caught too much of any of the dutch games in the under 21 Euro championships but apparently we have had him watched.

How has he looked? I know he's a striker but what kind of player is he, did he play as a wide striker in the dutch 4-3-3 system or as the central striker?

His scoring record with Breda is a less than impressive 5 in 61. Scored 3 from 28 starts and 6 sub appearances last term. He's now 23 and if those statistics are anything to go by he isn't better than Shola. The dutch attack as a unit do look like one of the sides more likely to score goals though.

From what I've seen of the Dutch team at the tournament, Royston Drenthe sticks out as one of their better prospects. Think he might be with Feyenoord. According to UEFA's site he can play at left back as well.

British clubs scout Rigters

By Gerrit van Leeuwen -  Created on 16 Jun 2007

Maceo Rigters has been catching the eye of British scouts at the European Under 21 Championship in Holland.

The 23-year-old striker has impressed for the hosts and scored the winner against Portugal earlier in the week.

He is looking to leave NAC Breda after failing to establish himself as a regular up front in the team over the past couple of seasons.

Newcastle United and Celtic have taken in both Dutch games to date, and reports suggest the in-form Rigters could be available for as little as €300,000 (£200,000).

Rigters expressed his frustration at his situation with NAC and is hoping for the chance to play in his preferred position.

"I have never felt much appreciation at NAC Breda in the last two seasons," Rigters told Algemeen Dagblad. "More players felt that.

"I always feel that I am a centre-forward. At NAC Breda I have played just two matches in this position.

"I always had to train and play on the wings. In the front of the attack I have never got a good chance."

After struggling for goals at NAC last season, Rigters admits he is surprised to have started for Holland at the tournament.

He added: "I was surprised to start in the first XI. It is fantastic to play in this tournament."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472220&CPID=9&clid=4&lid=&title=British+clubs+scout+Rigters

Guest super_shay1

Meanwhile, another player from the Under-21 Championship that is attracting Wenger is Dutch starlet Ryan Babel.

The Ajax striker has been attracting the interest of a number of English clubs, but Arsenal are now reportedly keen to pay £6 million - which is believed to be his release clause.

Newcastle are another Premiership team interested in Babel and the two clubs are also competing for the signature of Auxerre full-back Bakari Sagna.

Sam Allardyce is understood to be a big fan of the 24-year-old, but reports claim that Sagna would rather switch to North London.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472210&CPID=99&clid=255&lid=2&title=Veloso+keen+on+Prem+move&channel=football_home&

Meanwhile, another player from the Under-21 Championship that is attracting Wenger is Dutch starlet Ryan Babel.

The Ajax striker has been attracting the interest of a number of English clubs, but Arsenal are now reportedly keen to pay £6 million - which is believed to be his release clause.

Newcastle are another Premiership team interested in Babel and the two clubs are also competing for the signature of Auxerre full-back Bakari Sagna.

Sam Allardyce is understood to be a big fan of the 24-year-old, but reports claim that Sagna would rather switch to North London.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472210&CPID=99&clid=255&lid=2&title=Veloso+keen+on+Prem+move&channel=football_home&

North London, give me a break

for £6m I would have signed him 2 weeks ago

I am sure this site has a correspondent based in Breda, hopefully they will read this & give us the ITK viewpoint.

It was the “Edgar Davids with stepovers” that caught my eye more than Babel & Rigters. From doing it bit of reading on the net it seems Drenthe played most of last season as left back.  Think we need LB rather than WBL but if Duff or Zog go, would be happy to get this lad in as a LW.

Guest Toon83

Rigters scored again for the U21s last night, would definately be worth a look especially if Owen leaves, Owen out for £9m and Rigters in for £300,000-£1m sounds like good business for me.

Martins will only get better next year playing along side Viduka who will also score goals, with Ameobi, who is criticised heavily but still scored 5 in 13 last season before his injury and was starting to form a decent partnership with Martins.

Guest Toon83

Wouls rather have Babel and Sagna to Rigters but would Ryan Babel come here next season to be second to Viduka and Martins? when he can go to Arsenal and maybe replace the outgoing Thierry Henry?

I dont think so, Sagna is a different story, it seems like Eboue is first choice at right back for Arsenal so he would not be guarenteed a place, but at Newcastle any defender we sign is pretty much guarenteed a start as we dont have any, apart from Taylor and maybe Solano who would get on the team sheet of any other team

Rigters scored again for the U21s last night, would definately be worth a look especially if Owen leaves, Owen out for £9m and Rigters in for £300,000-£1m sounds like good business for me.

Martins will only get better next year playing along side Viduka who will also score goals, with Ameobi, who is criticised heavily but still scored 5 in 13 last season before his injury and was starting to form a decent partnership with Martins.

Aye, let's sell our best striker and replace him with a Breda reject.

Guest Toon83

Aye, let's sell our best striker and replace him with a Breda reject.

Our best striker was Martins last season, Owen played a few games and looked like he couldnt be arsed

Babel wouldn't get in the Arsenal team even if henry left never mind replace him.

Drenthe looks like he'll be huge though.