Shaun Wright-Phillips

WarrenBartonCentrePartin
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We would get our money back probs.

You think Milner is worth less than what we bought him for?

Yet AV wanted him for the price we paid last season before he had his best professional season so far, not to mention the added money in the EPL?

:rolleyes:

Clouded judgment by terrace hatred.

Villa offered us the money BEFORE the add ons. The total sum is reputed to be £5m. Personally I wouldnt pay that for him and nor would Villa last season. I cant be arsed to hate anyone really. Apart from Thatcher.

Like I say, we could get our money back but I would prefer he stayed as a squad player. If we move him left then he will get found out just as quickly by the way. He lacks the pace as a support striker. His best bet is moving into the centre of midfield.

:lol:

Yet AV wanted him for the price we paid last season before he had his best professional season so far, not to mention the added money in the EPL?

Villa offered us the money BEFORE the add ons. The total sum is reputed to be £5m. Personally I wouldnt pay that for him and nor would Villa last season. I cant be arsed to hate anyone really. Apart from Thatcher.

Like I say, we could get our money back but I would prefer he stayed as a squad player. If we move him left then he will get found out just as quickly by the way. He lacks the pace as a support striker. His best bet is moving into the centre of midfield.

Bergkamp had unbelievable pace.

Bergkamp had unbelievable pace.

O0

He wasnt slow. Nor was Cantona - they werent lightning by any stretch of the imagination, but both were quicker than Milner. Both were probably among the most talented players of the last 30 years, which sort of helps. There are exceptions to every rule. Not sure our boy fits that criteria.

If he does it there then good luck to him, hope he does, just dont think he will.

I'd take SWP at £10million, but only cause Ashley is here now and its a good chance to capture a quality winger.  If we weren't being taken over by a billionaire I wouldn't buy him, I'd spend more cautiously.

Agree with hakka actually. If we were to spend £10m on SWP now, it's because we can genuinely afford him. Under Shepherd it would be a high risk gamble.

We probably can anyway. Regardless of the transfer budget, £10m for SWP is £4/5m too much. You'd hope that with Allardyce, we'd step a side from the inflated fees business.

Guest Knightrider

No, stay clear of de coached, de motivated Chelsea players. Baba, Parker and Duff have all flopped here in one form or another, lets not take a chance on a 4th.

No, stay clear of de coached, de motivated Chelsea players. Baba, Parker and Duff have all flopped here in one form or another, lets not take a chance on a 4th.

you said you rated Parker though

Duff will come good, without someone in the middle to aim for ie Drogba or Crespo he's never really had a chance to shine

Guest mishka17

you said you rated Parker though

Duff will come good, without someone in the middle to aim for ie Drogba or Crespo he's never really had a chance to shine

i would pick out parker of your list. he was class in first season, in second roeder tried to turn him to player he simply cannot be, and he made some shity stuff for the supporters. tbh, he was our best recent transfer from chelski... and Ronaldo, i hope that your right about Duff :D

Guest elbee909

SWP is still young and has stuff to prove.  The others you mentioned aren't quite in the same bracket.

http://marketingdriven.blogspot.com/Governor%20wannabes%20Gary%20Coleman%20and%20Mary%20Carey,%208-27-03.bmp

He's used to playing with 2 big ones upfront so it might work!

Wow, that works on so many different levels.

http://marketingdriven.blogspot.com/Governor%20wannabes%20Gary%20Coleman%20and%20Mary%20Carey,%208-27-03.bmp

He's used to playing with 2 big ones upfront so it might work!

Wow, that works on so many different levels.

It's so wrong, but I like it!

Once we've secured a LB (our top priority). I would preffer we spent the £10m on RB Micah Richards! - fast, tall, strong, scores, creates, good in the air,  hard to beat and would make a absolutely huge, huge difference to our team imo (reminds me of a young Lilian Thuram).

We need a CB too hopefully this Czech guy will be good if we get him.

If after we've bought quality 2 x fullbacks, 2 x centerbacks, 1 x defensive midfielder and if we still have £10m+ then meh, why not get SWP as good back up! 8)