Shaun Wright-Phillips

WarrenBartonCentrePartin
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teamtalk say Chelsea say they can let him go, although i doubt its far from the truth tbh.

If we have money to spare after repairing the defense then it would certainly be a half decent move, if we didn't have Milner than aye, without doubt, but other areas need to be fixed 1st before blowing £10m on another ex Chelsea player that didn't work out.

Teamtalk say Chelsea say they can let him go, although i doubt its far from the truth tbh.

I dunno like, supposedly Abramovich won't spend unless they sell....

Not saying I'd go for him like, 'cos I couldn't bare Milner getting ousted after an excellent season for a Chelsea reject who thinks he can just walk into the team.  Duff against N'Zogbia, anyone?

To be honest, I'd be surprised if Newcastle or Villa went for him. You've got Milner (and possibly most of our fans would rather have him back than SWP - personally, I think he's a better prospect), and we've got Ashley Young in that position, or can play Agbonlahor there.

I fear he'll end up at West Ham.

Guest Toon83

There is only one club stupid enough to pay that amount of money for a player of SWP's current ability and that is West Ham.

Wright-Phillips has gone backwards since moving to Chelsea and has not really shown anything since the move, he is just a headless runner with no end product

No chance for me, we have Milner and Dyer and even Nobby in that Position so dont need another Chelsea reject

I fear he'll end up at West Ham.

I only fear that he's wasting his talent.  I think West Ham will be an interesting team to watch next season.  They're going in for most of the players available and willing to pay silly money (Darren Bent for £17m).  Then they've got Curbishley who I for one don't rate as a manager, and will probably fall out with half the team as he can't accomodate them.  And finally unless success occurs they're going to face a financial loss 'cos there's no way I can see them claiming money back in gate receipts for that piddly little stadium.

Newcastle the new Leeds?  Nah, I think West Ham

I don't think he's good enough at the very highest level, but i'd certainly take him here for £4-6m. He showed glimpses of his Man City form at the end of last season, once given a run of games, and I wouldn't be too concerned about him stunting Milner's progress either. James has often looked stronger on the left, and with Duff injured, and N'Zogbia's future uncertain, we could play both.

Maybe if this was 2005, but now in 07 he's not what he used to be. Ruined his career going to Chelsea.

Milner is better. I've really taken a liking to him this season, so we don't need him. I can see him going to Upton Park, though.

First post.  :celb:

Aye. Cos you need to be 6'6 down the wing. :idiot2:

Not saying i'm for signing him, but why does his height even come into the equation?

I'm not saying we absolutely need to buy only tall players, just that Wright-Phillips won't help us in that department. Perhaps I need to remind you that most of our players are fairly short. They can't all stand by the goal posts when defending corners.

If we're aiming to play the 4-3-3 system then I'd be all for getting him in and selling Duff. Provided we've enough money after strengthening other positions.

He's gotten lost at Chelsea really, people forget how good he was at Man City I think. He'd be a vast upgrade on Dyer and Duff out wide.

If we're aiming to play the 4-3-3 system then I'd be all for getting him in and selling Duff. Provided we've enough money after strengthening other positions.

He's gotten lost at Chelsea really, people forget how good he was at Man City I think. He'd be a vast upgrade on Dyer and Duff out wide.

Better than Dyer or Duff on the left? So is my great gran, and she's been dead for 16 years.