Shaun Wright-Phillips

WarrenBartonCentrePartin
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't bother Jon, he's finished at 21 - fact according to Pie.

Finished? Did I say that or did you make it up?

I suspect you wont answer that question.

I have stated that he isnt any better than average. Its nice that people want to see him do well. He just doesnt have the ability or the pace to do so.

If we are looking at players like Milner to help us progress then we will be waiting a long time. Keep him as a squad player but he wouldnt get in the Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham or Arsenal first choice sides. Thats where we should be aiming - top 5. At that level he is lacking.

I think you are wrong.

Liverpool - Totally, nothing down the left, Pennant down the right, he'd walk into the team.

Chelsea - No chance

Man Utd - Fletcher gets into the team, Milner can, 1st lot, na, not after their new signings.

Tottenham - Better than all their mids apart from Lennon.

Arsenal - Absolutely. Inconstant the lot of them, Milner would bring a bit of stability, again with the right players around him Milner could easily become a creator.

true he's behaved badly but not as badly as a certain mr 80k a week dyer did eh? 

like you say fat sams a self-professed motivational genius so it obviously looks like running charlie needs an arm around him rather than being ignored and hardly given a chance to prove himself

i'llbe mortified if the lad leaves like but as the other guy says it seem like that talk has died down now...?

Mortified is stretching it. Good player with an awful lot to prove. He was poor in pre-season. Very poor. He did himself few favours then. Got the ability and if he had Milners work ethic and professionalism then he could be decent.

Its up to him to show Sam he has the desire.

Nb: It is of little consequence what other players do or have done. Its a new era and players should behave themselves. Freddie was right in his comments about him - he has done fuck all so far and playing the petulant tart was out of order.

true he's behaved badly but not as badly as a certain mr 80k a week dyer did eh? 

like you say fat sams a self-professed motivational genius so it obviously looks like running charlie needs an arm around him rather than being ignored and hardly given a chance to prove himself

i'llbe mortified if the lad leaves like but as the other guy says it seem like that talk has died down now...?

Mortified is stretching it. Good player with an awful lot to prove. He was poor in pre-season. Very poor. He did himself few favours then. Got the ability and if he had Milners work ethic and professionalism then he could be decent.

Nb: It is of little consequence what other players do or have done. Its a new era and players should behave themselves. Freddie was right in his comments about him - he has done f*** all so far and playing the petulant tart was out of order.

20 years old and one of his role models at the club is a man who refused to play for the team and was rewarded with an 80k a week contract

don't tell me that what other players do doesn't matter mate

and it wasn't a new era when charlie misbehaved, it was the era of shepherd and total and utter unprofessionalism at every level of the club...why should he have behaved any differently?

now i agree, it's a clean slate for everyone and it's time for them to get on or get off...

I have stated that he isnt any better than average. Its nice that people want to see him do well. He just doesnt have the ability or the pace to do so.

If we are looking at players like Milner to help us progress then we will be waiting a long time. Keep him as a squad player but he wouldnt get in the Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham or Arsenal first choice sides. Thats where we should be aiming - top 5. At that level he is lacking.

I think you are wrong.

Liverpool - Totally, nothing down the left, Pennant down the right, he'd walk into the team.

Man Utd - Fletcher gets into the team, Milner can, 1st lot, na, not after their new signings.

Tottenham - Better than all their mids apart from Lennon.

Arsenal - Absolutely. Inconstant the lot of them, Milner would bring a bit of stability, again with the right players around him Milner could easily become a creator.

Bollocks imo.

Nb: It is of little consequence what other players do or have done. Its a new era and players should behave themselves. Freddie was right in his comments about him - he has done f*** all so far and playing the petulant tart was out of order.

20 years old and one of his role models at the club is a man who refused to play for the team and was rewarded with an 80k a week contract

and it wasn't a new era when charlie misbehaved, it was the era of shepherd and total and utter unprofessionalism at every level of the club...why should he have behaved any differently?

now i agree, it's a clean slate for everyone and it's time for them to get on or get off...

Self discipline? Its pushing it to say that if its ok for one then its ok for another. It isnt. They all need to discipline themselves or get their arse moved elsewhere. Its a schoolkid excuse to say 'well he did it'. The new era is an interesting one as Sam has worked well with dodgy characters but he isnt the panacea. They need to look after themselves and get of their high horse. That is all of them.

Like I say, its up to the kid to provide himself with some semblance of self-discipline. He can be mentored, shown the error of his ways etc. In the end, however, its up to him.

He has the talent and from that point of view he is worth perservering with. If he cant discipline himself then like you say, he can go.

That is the ideal world. We may not have the opportunity to sign a side of schoolboys. Lets face, some clubs are more attractive than us and we may end up with a few scrotes.

Self discipline? Its pushing it to say that if its ok for one then its ok for another. It isnt. They all need to discipline themselves or get their arse moved elsewhere. Its a schoolkid excuse to say 'well he did it'. The new era is an interesting one as Sam has worked well with dodgy characters but he isnt the panacea. They need to look after themselves and get of their high horse. That is all of them.

Like I say, its up to the kid to provide himself with some semblance of self-discipline. He can be mentored, shown the error of his ways etc. In the end, however, its up to him.

He has the talent and from that point of view he is worth perservering with. If he cant discipline himself then like you say, he can go.

That is the ideal world. We may not have the opportunity to sign a side of schoolboys. Lets face, some clubs are more attractive than us and we may end up with a few scrotes.

seems we agree more or less

what i'd argue is that it's ok to say "Its pushing it to say that if its ok for one then its ok for another" but basically that's how the club has been run in recent years

players will have seen the disgracefully unfit dyer at the club being rewarded, bellamy pulling out of games (allegedly), bramble being a fat incompetent bastard and still getting games but more importantly for charlie the totally non-performing/unfit/disinterested/overpaid damien duff plodding around in the lads place

we've ran the club with a number of players guaranteed games regardless of form for a long time and now i believe we have the manager to change that culture and thus i think it's clean slate time

give 'em all a season (except dyer, babarapist and carr) and the judge them when we can say THEY'VE been judged correctly

Guest Stephen927

£10m is too much for a player who's failed to impress in the past 2 seasons.

£5m would be a fairer price, bearing in mind the amount of football he's played and how little he's impressed.

Guest mishka17

if we sell dyer, i would go for swp..otherwise, there's no need to buy him, especially for 10mlns...like stephen said, 5mln would be a fairer price

if we sell dyer, i would go for swp..otherwise, there's no need to buy him, especially for 10mlns...like stephen said, 5mln would be a fairer price

Problem is at Citeh he was a £9m player, and if he moved you could expect to pay £12m since he was being over hyped and had a good season.

Chelsea paid £21m.

Now in terms of ability i don't think the price has really changed much, he's still a £9m player (due to inflation of player prices) but no one is willing to pay it, unless WHU put in a bid.

But yes mate, selling Dyer for £5m+ would be ideal, SWPs as his replacement would go down well with me.

Agreed.

Would we progress signing a player who cant get in the Chelsea's team that often. We wont make the big four become the huge 5 if  we loan players from B4 or sign there DUFFers.

Guest mishka17

Problem is at Citeh he was a £9m player, and if he moved you could expect to pay £12m since he was being over hyped and had a good season.

Chelsea paid £21m.

Now in terms of ability i don't think the price has really changed much, he's still a £9m player (due to inflation of player prices) but no one is willing to pay it, unless WHU put in a bid.

But yes mate, selling Dyer for £5m+ would be ideal, SWPs as his replacement would go down well with me.

citeh sold him for 21mlns because chelsea have got/used to have a lot of cash for transfers. but honestly, i think that now he's not worth these 10mlns. max 5-6 or eventually 7mlns.

Guest mishka17

We should try and get SWP on loan for a season with a clause which would allow us to buy him at the end of the season for £10m. If he does well we buy him if he doesnt send him back.

it's an idea, but we can't guarantee him first 11, and i think that's his main priority now

Chelsea paid £21m.

citeh sold him for 21mlns because chelsea have got/used to have a lot of cash for transfers. but honestly, i think that now he's not worth these 10mlns. max 5-6 or eventually 7mlns.

Yes but that's form if anything, i should of added that to the end of my comment.

SWP overall is a £9m player, he's not on form as he hardly plays so is currently seen as worth less, so £6-8m is probably what his value is, but he's still a £9m player in a different team playing 1st team football.

Would we progress signing a player who cant get in the Chelsea's team that often. We wont make the big four become the huge 5 if  we loan players from B4 or sign there DUFFers.

Depends who they are.

SWP is a good player. He isnt one I would go and buy but I certainly would have some of the top 4s players. Makalele, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Cole, Robben - they cant all play at once but any one of them would get in our side and improve it. SWP is better than we have and would improve it too. Maybe not as much as those mentioned....

Arsenal have some superb young players who would get in our first team but I think we need stronger, bigger and more experienced players right now. Simply to bridge the gap between the shit that we have had to put up with and where we might end up. Bolton have always had physically big players and not that many lightweights. Maybe they will suit Sams plan more? The top 4 also tend to have that physical strength and pace that we have lacked at times. Watching us play Arsenal two seasons ago was like watching men against boys and that wasnt in terms of ability.

Just a thought. We still have a lot of smaller players and some who lack athleticism e.g. Solano, Emre, Milner. Barton isnt that much different size wise to Parker (5'9 according to most sources and my own eyes). Maybe we will be be looking at different tactics but somehow I doubt it, away from home especially. Sam has, of course, played with Speed and Campo who arent the quickest but they do have the other attributes and those around them and those who drift wide have that speed - e.g Diouf and Anelka. I would have thought he will be looking for that type of player WITH pace. Certainly think we may end up with a bigger back four - hate having to agree with Oliver on this but he (or whoever he was talking to) is right.

Chelsea paid £21m.

Yes but that's form if anything, i should of added that to the end of my comment.

SWP overall is a £9m player, he's not on form as he hardly plays so is currently seen as worth less, so £6-8m is probably what his value is, but he's still a £9m player in a different team playing 1st team football.

How much do you think Milner is worth?

Chelsea paid £21m.

Probably about £5-6m current level or play.

Future potential, English, doesn't want to leave, all that adds on top of that figure, just as age, form, current 1st team status detracts from SWP.

Vs, SWPs is the better winger imho.

We would get our money back probs.

You think Milner is worth less than what we bought him for?

Yet AV wanted him for the price we paid last season before he had his best professional season so far, not to mention the added money in the EPL?

:rolleyes:

Clouded judgment by terrace hatred.

Chelsea paid £21m.

Future potential, English, doesn't want to leave, all that adds on top of that figure, just as age, form, current 1st team status detracts from SWP.

I agree with all of that. O0

I do like Milner because he always gives 100% however if he really wants to progress here he needs to move into the middle or out on the left, that way his ability at shooting from distance (which is very good) can be used a lot more.

Chelsea paid £21m.

I agree with all of that. O0

I do like Milner because he always gives 100% however if he really wants to progress here he needs to move into the middle or out on the left, that way his ability at shooting from distance (which is very good) can be used a lot more.

MIDDLE!

Honestly not many people have the vision of actually seeing the boy in his NATURAL position, this is where the lad will shine in a few years.

Beardsley needs to get to work on him, he'd make an excellent support striker.

Think he'd work very well in the Lampard position in a 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Got a good shot on him, can beat a man in tight space and has pretty good vision. Think that's where he'll end up personally, he'll be a cracking player there as pace will not be a weakness.

We would get our money back probs.

You think Milner is worth less than what we bought him for?

Yet AV wanted him for the price we paid last season before he had his best professional season so far, not to mention the added money in the EPL?

:rolleyes:

Clouded judgment by terrace hatred.

Villa offered us the money BEFORE the add ons. The total sum is reputed to be £5m. Personally I wouldnt pay that for him and nor would Villa last season. I cant be arsed to hate anyone really. Apart from Thatcher.

Like I say, we could get our money back but I would prefer he stayed as a squad player. If we move him left then he will get found out just as quickly by the way. He lacks the pace as a support striker. His best bet is moving into the centre of midfield.