Kanoute

stozo

Guest Triglett

Not sure why he'd want to leave Sevilla, why Sevilla would let him go, or why he'd go back to the Premiership. Excellent player, one of the best ability-wise when he was at Spurs, but he's very much made for Spain.

:clap: Has been in good form, big enough to handle the Prem and recently met him at Glasgow airport the day after UEFA cup final  :D.

Seemed nice enough bloke, photo taken with him and got the bairns picture with UEFA cup too :coolsmiley:

Asked him at the time if he ever saw himself coming back to England and he gave the pat answer " you never know".

Would be decent enough IMO. Then again it is the notw

Guest Triglett

TBH, I don't see the need for him when you've got Viduka. Very similar types of players in style, except Viduka is a proven goalscorer in the Premiership. Certainly wouldn't work well together IMO.

anyone find it strange that anal and co have stopped throwing targets names in the air over the last few days ,makes me wonder weather big sam thinks that anal is being to much of a gob shite and he should keep transfer activity a bit quieter until they get the player through the door .

anyone find it strange that anal and co have stopped throwing targets names in the air over the last few days ,makes me wonder weather big sam thinks that anal is being to much of a gob shite and he should keep transfer activity a bit quieter until they get the player through the door .

I think it's more to do with the changes going on behind the scenes, it can't be too easy sorting out these sort of deals with all that's going on at the moment. I think we'll start seeing the big names mentioned when Ashley has concluded his review of the club.

Always liked Kanoute, always had the ability to score a fuking excellent goal, or create something out of nothing.

But at 29 we'd be paying for a player who's probably just peaked, and it would be a downwards spiral after that.

Fine if were getting him on the cheap, i just cant see him leaving for his true worth.

Guest graemeh72

No thank you. Don't rate him in the premiership, he's what i would call a "spain player".

For 9m we could do so much better.

nod in agreement

No thank you. Don't rate him in the premiership, he's what i would call a "spain player".

For 9m we could do so much better.

Namely, Anelka. :D

Kanoute would be a poor signing, as would the likes of Trezeguet and others who are in that mould, despite being good forwards respectively. Wouldnt want us to sell Owen and as a result have two big target forwards with limited mobility (relatively speaking) playing in the same team up front together. Only except would be Huntelaar, who would be worth the big fee as well as the negatives of having two big/similar forwards up front purely to land him whilst we still have the chance to do so, before his value rockets when he starts bagging for fun in competitions like the CL and Euro 2008.

Replacing Owen needs to be done with someone who will either drop deep and creative chances whilst linking up with the midfield, ie a Beardo, or someone who will work the flanks and create space/movement for team to work with, ala Bellamy. Particularly the latter if were switching to 4-3-3. Otherwise well just see a repeat of the Shearer/Ferguson partnership - neither player being efficiently used (eg compared to Shearer/Bellamy), they might score a decent number of goals but the strain on the midfield is visible as thats where most of the penetration and movement has to come from.

Can't see any reason for him to leave Sevilla. They're one of the best clubs in Spain, have just retained the UEFA Cup and will be playing Champions League football next season. His game is suited for Spanish football and he's scoring goals hand over fist. He's even got the weather and the lifestyle!

Can you really see him giving all that up to come to Newcastle?

I remember when we were linked with him under Souness and a lot of people on here were dead against it.

When he left for Spain he was doing what he does now very sparingly.

He's certainly become more consistent in La Liga, not sure how the form would stand up back here.

Also am sure before his move he was being a bit of a dick with someone, club, player, nation, money? Can't remember, but something sticks in my mind.

I remember when we were linked with him under Souness and a lot of people on here were dead against it.

When he left for Spain he was doing what he does now very sparingly.

He's certainly become more consistent in La Liga, not sure how the form would stand up back here.

Also am sure before his move he was being a bit of a dick with someone, club, player, nation, money? Can't remember, but something sticks in my mind.

he was being a bit of a stroppy cunt at Spurs, you're right, but I've forgot what about.

Tell Sevilla we're not interested in him, we want Dani Alves! haha.

But knowing our luck he'd probably be a flop despite looking a class act in Spain

And i'm still against it...I've always thought he was crap in the premierleague and have been watching a few Seville games and I just laught at how crap he is...21 stupid goals even Ameobi would have done that...