Henry signs for Barcelona

SUPERTOON

Guest kingdawson

Barca's attacking formation will look something like:

xavi              iniesta

Ronaldinho

Eto                    Messi

Henry

Must be devestating?  Just shows Henry as he is, I like it.  Puts Owen in a better light, at least he's never pretended to love us or call us "his club", then f*** off at the first sign of trouble, like Henry at Arsenal. 

Great player, will be replaced soon enough by any other great player looking to come to England.  Contracts, a player's word, all mean f*** all now. 

Tbf to Henry, he did all he can to Arsenal, he needed a new challenge and was already told he will NOT be getting a new contract come next season, i can't really blame him for leaving, at the very least Arsenal got some money out of him..beats moving on free next year

And neither he f****** should, he just signed one a year ago.  He wouldn't be going for free next year.  Unless he signed a two year contract last season, which I HIGHLY doubt, but don't actually know.  No to be fairs to him at all.  I understand the urge for a new challenge, but all his bullshit about Arsenal has left a bad taste in my mouth.  Of course he "loves" them, they put him back on the world stage, but he's jumped at the first sign of trouble, a year after reaching the CL final.  Awful nice of him.

Hes already achieved everything he can at Arsenal. Thats different to Owen, who has done f*** all for us.

If he really was a complete mercenary, hed have left Arsenal on a free last summer for a significantly bigger club with significantly better players. He choose not to because as you say, they had just reached the CL final and he thought they were heading in the right direction - he was open about this at the time, that he would consider staying at Arsenal because they looked to be on the up. This season however, Arsenal seem to have stagnated, and taken a small step backwards - success is a long way off, although its reachable, hence the comments a month or so ago about the number of youngsters in the Arsenal side and how its not possible to win anything with them.

So hes only leaving now because there is little point in him staying with the team being full of youngsters and there apparently being little transfer funds available (and on top of this, the management being ripped apart with rumours of Wenger following Dein out of the door). At the same time, Arsenal would probably benefit with the transfer funds by replacing him with someone younger who will be improving and peaking more in line with the rest of the squad. By the time the current Arsenal squad hits its peak and starts challenging the big guns again, Henry will probably be well past his best (hes form has already dipped considerably compared to previous years, although hes still a top player).

Right time to move, and if the replacement is good, then it should work out well both for the club (longer term) and the player (short term).

I don't understand why Owen would rush off to Arsenal. They have Champions League this season (assuming they get through the qualifier). What about next season? Wenger almost certainly won't be there after this season. Also, Owen is a totally different kind of striker to Henry so it's not like he's the ideal replacement.

On a side note, it's funny how Alan Oliver has gone from saying Owen and Martins are much better than Darren Bent a couple of days ago to now hoping NUFC make a late offer for Bent.

Guest optimistic nit

i dont think you can blame thierry tbh.

still fucking great for us. If arse sign tevez, then they have a good player, but not nearly as good as henry, and for more money. if they try and sign either of our strikers, or both, than at the end of the day we'll free a lot of wages, and have 10million or 20million, to sign either 1 or 2 strikers, which could be quite good for us. imo the arse are going to go in for tevez.

Xavi Albelda

Messi                  Ronnie

Eto'o Henry

:celb:

They're supposed to be signing Yaya Toure within the next few days so I would expect him to be there instead of Albelda. Although even Toure isn't strictly a DM. He likes to get forward a bit too, more Essien than Makelele.

The Evening Chronicle today said that now Thierry Henry has went to Barcelona and Arsenal have confirmed this now, that the gunners will be looking for a new striker and this could be Michael Owen.

all they need to do is bid £9million and reach his get out clause. Michael wanted to play champions league football  but decided to come to us

IMO will Arsenal bid? will you want to let him go? would this be right for Newcastle?

i would want more than £9million as hes just caused us chaos for 2seasons  >:( ... but ... we can do nothing about it if Michael wants to go if they or another club reach his get out clause

Guest kingdawson

im in no doubt that their gonna push Messi in a more advanced position and move Ronaldinho centrally.

im in no doubt that their gonna push Messi in a more advanced position and move Ronaldinho centrally.

Leaving Henry and Etoo' where?

Personally I reckon either Etoo' will be gone and Henry will replace him pretty much in a direct swap, or else Deco will go and they'll play with Messi and Ronaldinho as drifting AM's just off Henry and Etoo'...

Barcelona will be pretty handy in Pro Evo. :lol:

I'll be sad to see him go.

He hasn't died you know. :lol: Barcelona get more time on Sky than what Arsenal do anyway so if anything you'll get to see more of him, without having to worry about him giving your own team a roasting.

Yep, I'm looking foward to seeing how Barcelona do next season.

Guest kingdawson

Leaving Henry and Etoo' where?

Personally I reckon either Etoo' will be gone and Henry will replace him pretty much in a direct swap, or else Deco will go and they'll play with Messi and Ronaldinho as drifting AM's just off Henry and Etoo'...

Barcelona will be pretty handy in Pro Evo. :lol:

As i said before, i think the formation will look something like:

-------Xavi------- iniesta/new player

------------------------Ronaldinho--------------------------

-------Eto-----------------------------------------Messi------

-------------------------Henry-------------------------------

Deco is as good as gone imo.

Eto'o has declared that he intends to stay at Barca and in fact he wanted Henry to join Barcelona. Eto'o and Henry are friends.

If I remember correctly, Barcelona directors have already said that both Ronaldinho and Eto'o will stay at the club.