Darren Bent signs for Spurs, £16.5m fee confirmed

Guest sicko2ndbest

I wouldn't even offer that much.

Maybe not, but they could be in a position to refuse much less than that, they wouldn't accept a loss on him I don'ot think. They signed him for £7m iirc.

they might not say no if we were the only team to offer that 8m. but for that price they'd have half the premiership queuing to buy Defoe.

fact is, he's a wonderful finisher, English, and only 24 years old with the speed to match anyone in the league. transfer fees are inflated these days with the tv money, if spurs decide to sell him there will be a battle for him and i can't imagine the price would fall below 10m. 

Guest Ridzuan

Cant believe that Spurs has really offered that amount of cash for his service.Even though I think he is a good player,but I dont think he is worth that much.Im guessing Defoe will leave the club now.

Cant believe that Spurs has really offered that amount of cash for his service.Even though I think he is a good player,but I dont think he is worth that much.Im guessing Defoe will leave the club now.

yeah hard to believe i know, but in a world where some people would put up a picture of a wife and son killer as his avatar, i guess anything is possible. :(

Guest Hodgson09

I'd rather jam a screwdriver in the eye of my knob than witness NUFC sign Defoe, he is so over-rated. 16.5 mil for Bent is stupid money for an average player. Cue Man Utd to come in with a bid for Berbatov.

Guest Hodgson09

Shearer would be worth 100 billion dollars in todays market while in his prime, if Bent is worth 16.5 million, fucking stupid money.

16.5 fucking millions?!

And thats for a team that already have 3 class strikers in Defoe, Berbatov and Keane, what the fuck are they thinking, seriously?

Shouldn't they be looking for a decent LB or RB instead of buying another overated striker for this price..

Then again, its the Spuds, they thought Mido is worth 6.5m :lol:

That is truly ridiculous.  I quite fancied him at about £9/10 million, but even that i thought may be a bit overpriced!  And spurs too - you'd maybe expect it from west ham or someone - but £16million!

Makes owen seem like a right bargain at the £17 million we paid, never mind £9million

Wooft, rather them than us.  Going to be nice to see the realisation that Bent is nowhere near as good as people in this country make out.

Is this another sign of Spurs 'planning'?  :lol:

Wildly overrated.

Guest optimistic nit

He will get close to 20 goals if not more and will be rated as the new Shearer by aload of wankers tbh

No he won't. The highest total he's ever managed in the PL is 18, and he will be the second striker. Berbatov will score more.

Guest nufc 4 life

Ridzuan get rid of the bastard on your display picture please, he murdered his wife and son.

Anyway 16.5m don't know whether it is good or bad we will see next season i guess.