Alou Diarra - Equipe.

Optimistic Nut

In todays l'equipe. Translation anyone. Looks like a rehash of yesterdays story

Alou Diarra : Newcastle aussi. La liste des clubs s'intéressant à Alou Diarra s'allonge un peu plus. Déjà courtisé par Portsmouth, le Werder Brême, Bordeaux et Monaco, le milieu défensif international de l'Olympique lyonnais serait également sur les tablettes de Newcastle.

Alou Diarra: Newcastle too. The list of the clubs being interested in Alou Diarra lengthens a little more. Already courted by Portsmouth, Werder Bremen, Bordeaux and Monaco, the international defensive medium of the Olympic Lyonese would be also on the shelves of Newcastle.

Guest sicko2ndbest

In todays l'equipe. Translation anyone. Looks like a rehash of yesterdays story

Alou Diarra : Newcastle aussi. La liste des clubs s'intéressant à Alou Diarra s'allonge un peu plus. Déjà courtisé par Portsmouth, le Werder Brême, Bordeaux et Monaco, le milieu défensif international de l'Olympique lyonnais serait également sur les tablettes de Newcastle.

Alou Diarra: Newcastle too. The list of the clubs being interested in Alou Diarra lengthens a little more. Already courted by Portsmouth, Werder Bremen, Bordeaux and Monaco, the international defensive medium of the Olympic Lyonese would be also on the shelves of Newcastle.

Interesting stuff then  :sleepy2:

Guest NUFC4

just read a fresh report on foxsoccer.com from some other source (maybe rivals) that really makes it sounds like we are getting him. yeah it's not the most reliable source but... i've only seen him play a limited number of times but always thought he look promising. he's 25 now and could add a new demension and depth to the midfield. sign him up

From teamtalk.com

Magpies make late bid to land Diarra

Newcastle have made a late bid to sign Lyon midfielder Alou Diarra after the Frenchman admitted he was not keen on a move to Portsmouth.

Pompey agreed a £5.5million fee with the Ligue 1 side last week but Diarra urged Newcastle to make a bid after hearing of Sam Allardyce's interest.

The Magpies boss has been a long term admirer of the 25-year-old and considered making an offer shortly after taking charge on Tyneside.

Allardyce's interest waned as Joey Barton's transfer dragged on, but he has now offered Diarra terms, according to reports in France.

They are thought to be better than those offered by Pompey and Newcastle must now meet Lyon's asking price to finalise the deal.

Diarra, a former Liverpool player, made just 14 starts for Lyon last season following his move from Lens and is keen for regular first-team football at this stage of his career.

I like the sound of him, big, strong, athletic, just what we need in the centre alongside all our midgets.

The dodgy spell at Liverpool and the not so rosy season at Lyon are my only doubt to a rather high £5.5m fee. I know Lyon paid about a million less than that a year ago, but i dunno, some doubts, but not many.

Could be a good addition, as long as were getting defenders in and this guy is just being bought early on due to others interest then i think we've got a decent option in mid if he arrives for next season.

Don't know what to make of this guy, his CV is a bit of an odd one. Wanted by top clubs yet never made it at any, and yet he was brought on for Vieira in the world cup final last summer.

If he was good enough to replace Vieira in the final then how come he's hardly got a game at Lyon and they want to sell him already?

Bayern, Liverpool, Lyon and France have all seen something in him, yet none have stuck with him.

I wouldnt mind us getting Diarra and then letting Butt go, He did a go job for us last season but he is aging and i think if we sell him now we could get atleast £1.5m. When does Butt contract run out? Is it next season?

Don't know what to make of this guy, his CV is a bit of an odd one. Wanted by top clubs yet never made it at any, and yet he was brought on for Vieira in the world cup final last summer.

If he was good enough to replace Vieira in the final then how come he's hardly got a game at Lyon and they want to sell him already?

Bayern, Liverpool, Lyon and France have all seen something in him, yet none have stuck with him.

Bayern wanted to keep him didnt they but he left on a freebie to Liverpool, Then at Liverpool wasnt he sold because benitez was building his own team and didnt have Diarra in his plans

I wouldnt mind us getting Diarra and then letting Butt go, He did a go job for us last season but he is aging and i think if we sell him now we could get atleast £1.5m. When does Butt contract run out? Is it next season?

We need a squad though, Barton and Emre as creators and Butt and Diarra as holding players leaves us with a well equipped engine room. I appreciate we're not Real Madrid but they'll all get games and Butt might be past it in a year anyway so now is a good time to look for a long term holding player.

Besides we may well be planning for a 4-3-3 formation next season in which case we will need another centre mid.

We need a squad though, Barton and Emre as creators and Butt and Diarra as holding players leaves us with a well equipped engine room. I appreciate we're not Real Madrid but they'll all get games and Butt might be past it in a year anyway so now is a good time to look for a long term holding player.

Besides we may well be planning for a 4-3-3 formation next season in which case we will need another centre mid.

I certainly would not say no to Manuel Fernandes in that case ;)

As with the vast majority of decisions like this, I'm happy to trust Allardyce's judgement. If he thinks he's worth bringing in and can do a job for us then I'll go along with it. I didn't trust Roeder and Souness from the start to get the right players for the right price but this bloke is different.

Back the manager.  :thup:

I am not sure what to make of him either, as I have only looked at his CV as well. Has he been at all these big clubs because he is big,strong, black,DM which is a stereotypical mould of many DM nowadays.

As with the vast majority of decisions like this, I'm happy to trust Allardyce's judgement. If he thinks he's worth bringing in and can do a job for us then I'll go along with it. I didn't trust Roeder and Souness from the start to get the right players for the right price but this bloke is different.

Back the manager.  :thup:

I agree 100%

I back all managers to start with but lets not get carried away with Sam's buying he has bought a hell of lot of dead wood at Bolton.

Guest Guinness

Hopefully the reports that we've made a move for him are true, he would add some much needed power in the centre of midfield.

I back all managers to start with but lets not get carried away with Sam's buying he has bought a hell of lot of dead wood at Bolton.

Agreed, I think far too many people are going way over the top about what Allardyce can do, I hope they aren't setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment.

Fair enough but this summer is different for him. At Bolton his budget for the summer was tiny and he was forced to work on a shoestring, bringing in Boman's and out-of-favour players on short term contracts. This summer he's got the cash to go out and get the players he's identified and actually wants, rather than taking chances. I know he's signed some dross but he's shifted them on pretty sharpish and it hasn't really cost Bolton financially.

If he thinks that this lad will come in and do the business, I'll back him....and it's been quite a while since I've been able to write something like that.  :lol:

So? he's got the best out of almost everyone so it's irrelevant.

Fair enough but this summer is different for him. At Bolton his budget for the summer was tiny and he was forced to work on a shoestring, bringing in Boman's and out-of-favour players on short term contracts. This summer he's got the cash to go out and get the players he's identified and actually wants, rather than taking chances. I know he's signed some dross but he's shifted them on pretty sharpish and it hasn't really cost Bolton financially.

If he thinks that this lad will come in and do the business, I'll back him....and it's been quite a while since I've been able to write something like that.  :lol:

My worry is that he's identified players for Bolton and is working on that list while at Newcastle, the Barton signing doesn't really prove anything either way as Anelka was on his list for Bolton when he had the money.

I just wonder if we're shopping at Aldi when we should be shopping at M&S or Sainsbury's.

I don't know the answer and look forward to see how things pan out over the summer, I hope we have a special player or two to come in, not just the bargain basement type of players usually associated with Allardyce.

I suppose that will depend on the transfer budget as much as the manager, we'll know a bit more in 10 weeks or so.

My worry is that he's identified players for Bolton and is working on that list while at Newcastle, the Barton signing doesn't really prove anything either way as Anelka was on his list for Bolton when he had the money.

I just wonder if we're shopping at Aldi when we should be shopping at M&S or Sainsbury's.

I don't know the answer and look forward to see how things pan out over the summer, I hope we have a special player or two to come in, not just the bargain basement type of players usually associated with Allardyce.

I suppose that will depend on the transfer budget as much as the manager, we'll know a bit more in 10 weeks or so.

Aye, I see your point.  :thup:

I just think that he's got his head screwed on and knows a good player when he sees one. He does his homework and scouts him properly before making any moves to get him. I'm hoping that when Ashley gives him the green light, he'd switch his attention to a better class of player. I don't think he can do that just yet and is still in 'bargain mode'. Until things are rubber stamped, he can't go for the type of player we all want at the club.