Why do we keep being linked with so many strikers.......?

Jamie

With Owen Oba Viduka Shola and also Luque being set for another chance,

i just dont think why we would need another strikler with young Andy Caroll coming through aswell.

Yesterday i was quite shocked with us being in an agreement or whatever it was with Alan Smith.

So with 4/5 top strikers i can imagine 2/3 of them being frustrated with not being in the team/squad.

I know Spurs have made it work with Berbatov Defoe Keane and Mido but you always have Deofe or Keane

crying that they arn't playing enough games.

But if we considered Smith in Centre midfield it could also cause a few problems.

With him Barton Butt and Emre,Charlie also could see them wanting to be away.

But with so many injuries we normally have,it's probably our safest bet in midfield.

Jesus christ, why do so many people believe what they read in the papers. Their job is to sell newspapers, not report the truth.

That would be because they are thick as pig shit.

Guest Guinness

Simple, we're assoicated with attacking football. The media see us as a side that always neglects its defense in favour of attacking football therefore no matter who is in charge or what the situation is at the club we will always be linked with strikers above other players.

Guest eyeball_tickler

going for a star striker sells more papers than being linked with some Czech defender nobody's heard of.

Arsenal are going to be wanting a new striker or maybe two of them

they might put a £9mil bid in for owen or a £13mil bid in for Martins

then what do we do? carroll should go out on loan and shola should do the same for 1 season

if either owen or martins leaves then we will need a new striker like smith or gudjohnson who can play in midfield too

viduka wont stay fit all season

Guest LucasUnger

i agree with kev, loan carrol sell or loan ameobi.

then,

if we keep owen and martins:

get another striker or offensive midfielder like smith, gudjohnsen,

if we sell martins or owen:

get a striker like anelka, smith, bent,

if we sell both (oba owen)

get at least a striker like nik anelka, bent, and one of smith and gudjohnsen.

that's what i think we should do with those links of the papers.

but first of all: GET DEFENDERS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Magpiecn

then,

Totally agree

Gudjohnsen is a class act. His footwork and technique are so elegant, simliar to that of Dennis Bergkamp. If we secure some more defenders and we lose one of Martins or Owen, this guy would top my list.

Guest SwissMagpie

I tell u why.

Cos Owen is getting injured every two games,cos Oba won't be here in January(African cup).we need another striker IMO,we must sell ameobi

Guest LucaAltieri

then,

SA: "I hear you're an offensive midfielder."

EG: "Fuck you."

SA: "You're hired!"

:crazy2: :frantic:

then,

SA: "I hear you're an offensive midfielder."

EG: "f*** you."

SA: "You're hired!"

:crazy2: :frantic:

:D

Guest graemeh72

Because the media expect us to lose Owen or Martins or both...

is the correct answer

.. and allardyce wouldn't be doing his job  if he wasn't asking around and also sussing out alternatives

Guest SwissMagpie

To tell the truth,after ive seen Owen picture with the new Kit on the official site,well he doesnt look so happy in that picture :-)

going for a star striker sells more papers than being linked with some Czech defender nobody's heard of.

This. 

Defenders are boring while strikers score goals and are more fun to speculate about.  Sign a full back and everyone yawns, but spend 15 million on a striker and it is big news.  Not unusual that the tabloid papers would operate on that basis, but that mentality also seems to have governed the club's transfer policy in recent years.

Guest Magpiecn

To tell the truth,after ive seen Owen picture with the new Kit on the official site,well he doesnt look so happy in that picture :-)

just director told to do that ;D

Guest justin99.

Who knows, maybe has already come out and pleded his future to Newcastle.

Yet as this doesn't suit the media's agenda they ignore it.

Im sick to death of the papers linking us with strikers. Owens not going anywhere as his family is settled up here, non of the big four want him and no one else can match the terms of his contract (or will be prepared to given his injury record). Martins isnt going anywhere, the papers have been trying to link him back to Italy based on absolutly no evidence, there has been nothing in the Italian press just the deluded rambling of Alan freaking Oliver who has very large chip on his sholder when it comes to all things Obafemi Martins. Why the hell are people getting so worried his clause? Its £13/14m ffs! Anyone who pays that sort of money for him is monumentally stupid, he's a decent enough player but he has far too many rough edges to his game to warrant a price tag of that size, maybe he could bump his value up near that in the future if he can learn about movement off the ball (just sit him down with Owen and Alan and let them explain about how to make things a whole lot easier by just being in the right place), his first touch needs to be improved and his style of play needs to stop being so god damn reactionary - if he anticipated balls he could exploit his pace to devastating effect but most of the time he waits until the ball is already over his head before realising he needs to start running thus letting defenders get a few yards on him before he hit top gear. At this moment in time his actual value is around £7-8m, no more no less.

Im sick to death of the papers linking us with strikers. Owens not going anywhere as his family is settled up here, non of the big four want him and no one else can match the terms of his contract (or will be prepared to given his injury record). Martins isnt going anywhere, the papers have been trying to link him back to Italy based on absolutly no evidence, there has been nothing in the Italian press just the deluded rambling of Alan freaking Oliver who has very large chip on his sholder when it comes to all things Obafemi Martins. Why the hell are people getting so worried his clause? Its £13/14m ffs! Anyone who pays that sort of money for him is monumentally stupid, he's a decent enough player but he has far too many rough edges to his game to warrant a price tag of that size, maybe he could bump his value up near that in the future if he can learn about movement off the ball (just sit him down with Owen and Alan and let them explain about how to make things a whole lot easier by just being in the right place), his first touch needs to be improved and his style of play needs to stop being so god damn reactionary - if he anticipated balls he could exploit his pace to devastating effect but most of the time he waits until the ball is already over his head before realising he needs to start running thus letting defenders get a few yards on him before he hit top gear. At this moment in time his actual value is around £7-8m, no more no less.

Not when Bent is worth (or going for) £16m.

Agree about Anal though, really negative towards the kid, the cunt should get off his back and enjoy the good moments instead of laying all the troubles of NUFC at a 21 year olds (who's just left from another Country, played in a shite team with no fixed striking partner who's manager has the tactical awareness of a haggis and the management skills of David Brent) feet.