Dyer

NSG

Dyer isn't a wide player, you can not compare them in that position. Dyer will never make a winger, Milner's biggest problem is a lack of pace. His crossing is ok; Nobby's is better.

f****** hell thats a good avatar.

Will have to be something pretty special to beat that when I am voting in the forum awards :D

How about;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Intergalatic_jester/SelmaHayeksHugeRack.gif

And you don't need stats to see that Dyer is shite...

Dyer isn't a wide player, you can not compare them in that position. Dyer will never make a winger, Milner's biggest problem is a lack of pace. His crossing is ok; Nobby's is better.

f****** hell thats a good avatar.

Will have to be something pretty special to beat that when I am voting in the forum awards :D

How about;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Intergalatic_jester/SelmaHayeksHugeRack.gif

And you don't need stats to see that Dyer is shite...

Stolen.  O0

I like the comparison with Waddle. At the same age there is absolutely no comparison between the abilities of Waddle and Milner.

Waddle didn't play in the top division till he was 24, and at the comparable age to Milner now he scored 7 goals in 42 2nd division league games. He was nothing special at all. Any one saying otherwise now really is making it up. Milner has so much more potential than Waddle ever had.

Milner also has a superb attitude, something that Dyer will never be accused of. Dyer can't pass, can't tackle, can't head, can't shoot and can do it at very high pace all over the pitch. Annually - "Next year he may come good"

Still think Dyer would be a good impact sub. Not the best player, but can still scare the s*** out of a team when running at them in an advanced position.

or just keep Lua Lua .....

It's funny how whenever he hasn't played for a while he's labelled a total waste of space, yet when he's fit many of the same people say he has to start.

He's a decent player and in my view he's worth more to us than his transfer fee (we'd only get a few million for him).

It's true that he's not a winger in the traditional sense of putting in crosses to a target man but I do think his most effective position in a 4-4-2 is on the right wing. Many wingers these days don't put crosses in, look at Robben for example, he gives the ball away a lot but he's a runner who scares defences. I'm not comparing Dyer to Robben but I believe he has the same attitude to the game, he likes to get the ball down and run at people and take chances, he doesn't particularly utilise high balls but he scares defenders.

Dyer was pretty good in the centre under Bobby Robson, but that was playing for a good team who dominated games more often than not. His passing isn't as bad as many here are making out. In his own half he's a very poor player because he can't put his foot on the ball and it's true that you won't catch him playing 40-yard passes either, but in the final third he is very effective and always looks for the through ball or forward pass. He needs to be playing high up the field and I think his best position would probably be wide right in a 4-3-3. That position needs pace and would be too much for Milner who would probably be better wide right in a 4-4-2 where discipline is more important.

Dyer's biggest weakness is his inconsistency, which isn't helped by his injuries. But I think Allardyce will want to utilise Dyer whenever fit, be it in the team or from the bench, because he can press defenders into mistakes and his presence will scare opposition. As much as you might want to criticise Dyer, there's a reason why every manager likes to have him around and I wouldn't be too comfortable with him playing against us.

I haven't seen him wide right in a 4-3-3 but I think it would make the best use of his talents and I wouldn't be surprised to see Allardyce use him there.

And you don't need stats to see that Dyer is s****...

I wasn't talking to you though

And you don't need stats to see that Dyer is s****...

in which case don't use them.

God job I didn't then huh?

in which case don't use them.

God job I didn't then huh?

I wasn't talking to you though

It's funny how whenever he hasn't played for a while he's labelled a total waste of space, yet when he's fit many of the same people say he has to start.

He's a decent player and in my view he's worth more to us than his transfer fee (we'd only get a few million for him).

It's true that he's not a winger in the traditional sense of putting in crosses to a target man but I do think his most effective position in a 4-4-2 is on the right wing. Many wingers these days don't put crosses in, look at Robben for example, he gives the ball away a lot but he's a runner who scares defences. I'm not comparing Dyer to Robben but I believe he has the same attitude to the game, he likes to get the ball down and run at people and take chances, he doesn't particularly utilise high balls but he scares defenders.

Dyer was pretty good in the centre under Bobby Robson, but that was playing for a good team who dominated games more often than not. His passing isn't as bad as many here are making out. In his own half he's a very poor player because he can't put his foot on the ball and it's true that you won't catch him playing 40-yard passes either, but in the final third he is very effective and always looks for the through ball or forward pass. He needs to be playing high up the field and I think his best position would probably be wide right in a 4-3-3. That position needs pace and would be too much for Milner who would probably be better wide right in a 4-4-2 where discipline is more important.

Dyer's biggest weakness is his inconsistency, which isn't helped by his injuries. But I think Allardyce will want to utilise Dyer whenever fit, be it in the team or from the bench, because he can press defenders into mistakes and his presence will scare opposition. As much as you might want to criticise Dyer, there's a reason why every manager likes to have him around and I wouldn't be too comfortable with him playing against us.

I haven't seen him wide right in a 4-3-3 but I think it would make the best use of his talents and I wouldn't be surprised to see Allardyce use him there.

good post and i agree with it, even the bit about him being worth more to us than his transfer fee. the only problem is that his wages are inflated way beyond his worth to us. he's like an attacking utility player who can play in any position in midfield or attack, from right to left, a player without a fixed position but who can fill in or be an impact sub. like you say, most managers would want him around, but at a cost of £80,000?

What about the newspapers take on allardice's char with dyer about him playing a wing back role for us?

I agree with the post above that he would probably be best employed on the right side of the attacking 3 in a 4-3-3...

He's a good footballer, passes well, runs his balls off (sometimes of no use whatsoever but...) and scares defenders with his pace and directness, on the other side he's: blighted by injuries, attitude problems, inconsistent and on a high wage.

Decide for yourselves. I think we wouldn't get over 5 million for him and therefore think he'd be better employed here as an "impact sub" or in a 4-3-3.

good post and i agree with it, even the bit about him being worth more to us than his transfer fee. the only problem is that his wages are inflated way beyond his worth to us. he's like an attacking utility player who can play in any position in midfield or attack, from right to left, a player without a fixed position but who can fill in or be an impact sub. like you say, most managers would want him around, but at a cost of £80,000?

The cost of £80,000 is there, signed and sealed, there is nothing anyone can do about it. To sell him is difficult when he is on those wages so the job of a manager will be to use his assets rather than moan about his shortcomings.

Milner and Dyer for me are in direct competition for a starting place this year on the right of a 433 or RW of a 442. Milner was our best player by miles last year and very consistantly good, ocaisionally excellent, that puts hhim in pole position for his place imo. Dyer needs to fight for his place and i'd certainly use him as an impact sub to start off with as and when we need him.

Milners crossing was good on the whole last year much much better than in his first stint here (where it shite). the problem was there was no target man to really attack them, so many went to waste. Viduka i am sure will appreciate milners crossing this season.

Dyer can win us games if playing to his best, thats up to him and sam to get right i suppose, but for now i'd stick with Milner who is coming on in leaps and bounds and is our future imo.

Guest samtoonarmy

James Milner is a better right winger than Kieron Dyer. But Dyer has got great pace but I don't think he is that good of a player and I wouldn't be sad to se him leave.

Lets just put this as simple as possible:

Milner is class,Dyer is shite.

Milner can cross the ball,Dyer can't.

Milner can kick the ball harder with his left foot than Dyer can with his right.

Milner could cross the ball better with his eyes closed left footed than Dyer could with his right open.

Milner is a right winger,Dyer isn't.

Milner is on less wages than Dyer,about 3 times less.

Ayone get my point ?

Flog Dyer,he's a useless money grabbing lazy t*** if you ask me.

Get milner here on a long term contract.

His crossing can be tremendous.

He often delievers a bad cross, but for how hard he works in a game, he has a good right to.

Go Jimmy Milner  :celb:

Lets just put this as simple as possible:

Milner is class,Dyer is s****.

Milner can cross the ball,Dyer can't.

Milner can kick the ball harder with his left foot than Dyer can with his right.

Milner could cross the ball better with his eyes closed left footed than Dyer could with his right open.

Milner is a right winger,Dyer isn't.

Milner is on less wages than Dyer,about 3 times less.

Ayone get my point ?

Flog Dyer,he's a useless money grabbing lazy t*** if you ask me.

Get milner here on a long term contract.

His crossing can be tremendous.

He often delievers a bad cross, but for how hard he works in a game, he has a good right to.

Go Jimmy Milner  :celb:

The way the club treated Milner last off season he could of just gone through the motions for us--telling him he could go (to Aston Villa were he was wanted and appreciated) and then pulling him back at the last minute. Still he played his ass off.

And he's going to get better.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

he improves too; his shooting has improved a great deal, he will develop more imo. He has played his best on the left wing though imo

he improves too; his shooting has improved a great deal, he will develop more imo. He has played his best on the left wing though imo

I agree. There is scope for putting Dyer right wing and Milner left wing. Duff is out and if Zoggy and Luque continue their poor form it's an option, certainly a better idea than shoving Emre out wide which Roeder did last season.

I definitely agree about Milner being a decent shout for the left wing. He has a very dangerous shot when cutting in (as I am sure ManU will testify) and he isn't too bad on his left foot (wasn't that excellent cross for Luque from his swinger?).

Said this before but he reminds me of a slightly slower version of Joe Cole, another player who was written off as a bit of a show pony with poor end product around the same age as Milner is now.

milner could easily play left or right wing

dyer could just sit on the bench and would be happy as he gets so much money the greedy t***

i would accept a offer from £2million - anything for the lazy little d*** head

I definitely agree about Milner being a decent shout for the left wing. He has a very dangerous shot when cutting in (as I am sure ManU will testify) and he isn't too bad on his left foot (wasn't that excellent cross for Luque from his swinger?).

Said this before but he reminds me of a slightly slower version of Joe Cole, another player who was written off as a bit of a show pony with poor end product around the same age as Milner is now.

:lol:

:jesuswept: