Geremi gets work permit, Officially signs - .cock

bodson

Guest Toon83

Hope we can sew this one up either tonight or tomorrow, quality signing and a great choice for right back next season

Guest Guinness

Would certainly give us another option at right back and the further Carr is down the pecking order the better :thup:

Guest DazzaNufc1892

doesnt matter if its expiring, he has the right contractually to speak to another club once he is in the last 6 months without any consent from his club.

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle have opened talks with Geremi.

Sam Allardyce confirmed his interest in the Chelsea utility man earlier this week and said he was looking to push through a deal as quickly as possible.

Chelsea are now understood to have given The Magpies permission to speak to Geremi and the Cameroonian has travelled to St James' Park for talks.

Geremi has been at Chelsea since 2003 and has made some useful contributions even if he has not established himself as a regular starter.

He can operate in midfield or at right-back and his versatility is sure to appeal to Allardyce.

If Geremi joins he will become Allardyce's fourth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Mark Viduka, Joey Barton and David Rozehnal.

Barcelona's Edmilson has also been linked with a move to Newcastle.

If Geremi signs, and I'd be very happy if he does, then I think just one CB and a LB are needed at the back.

Of course I'd welcome other defensive squad signings if possible too in case of injuries...

What do you lot think?

2 more CBs and a LB? I think the next CB we sign would have to be a very, very good one who'll be able to manage a full season in the middle alongside Roze/Taylor.

doesnt matter if its expiring, he has the right contractually to speak to another club once he is in the last 6 months without any consent from his club.

Not true.

That only applies to a team from abroad, clubs from this country must wait until 4 6 weeks before expiry. Think about Ben Haim & Sidwell, clubs had to wait until the end of the season to start going in for them.

Geremi  Taylor  Rozenhal  New LB

wouldn't be dissapointed if we lined up like that in August

Still quite weak imo.

Geremi isn't really in position, Rozy is an unknown quantity and it depends on who the LB is.

Geremi   Taylor   Rozenhal   New LB

Still quite weak imo.

Geremi isn't really in position, Rozy is an unknown quantity and it depends on who the LB is.

I agree, another RB, a proven CB and a good LB like Bridge/Baines and I'll be satisfied with that back four. For now, Rozy is a backup IMO

better than

Carr    Bramble    Moore    Baba

Dave    Bluf    Hitler    Blair

is better than that back four

Hitler wasn't a centre-back, he was left-wing.

Blair was centre left.

better than

Carr    Bramble    Moore    Baba

Dave    Bluf    Hitler    Blair

is better than that back four

Don't see what relevance that has to the thread?

Geremi  Taylor  Rozenhal  New LB

Still quite weak imo.

Isnt Geremi naturally a right back? Certainly remember him playing there for Real Madrid on a regular basis when he did break into the Madrid side.

Started in midfield iirc.  Mourinho moved him to right back when they needed an emergency RB. He can do a job there but, as Wullie says, that's not really his favoured position. The fact he'd make a better RB than Carr speaks volumes about Carr's abilities, or rather the lack of them.  :rolleyes: