Geremi gets work permit, Officially signs - .cock

bodson

Are people actually turning their noses up at Geremi or not, then? ???

I'm not, I just don't want him as first choice RB and I think a few appearances here and there for Chelsea in the absence of anyone else are making people think he's better than he is in that position. If he was any good back there, he'd not be going for nowt.

I'm not, I just don't want him as first choice RB and I think a few appearances here and there for Chelsea in the absence of anyone else are making people think he's better than he is in that position. If he was any good back there, he'd not be going for nowt.

didn't Chelsea offer Bridge to us on August 30 for next to nowt, says more about the club than the player

agree that he's not ideal as first choice RB but he's a country mile ahead of anything we've played there in recent seasons

didn't Chelsea offer Bridge to us on August 30 for next to nowt, says more about the club than the player

agree that he's not ideal as first choice RB but he's a country mile ahead of anything we've played there in recent seasons

Doubt it, i can understand why people may not be so excited after how the other ex Chelsea lot have done.

Don't think they did, I've never heard anything more than "ITK" nonsense. Find it very hard to believe that they would, and even if they did, they'd just signed/were about to sign a £16m left back. They don't have anyone who Mourinho genuinely likes at right back.

Guest Johan

Didnt someone say about Dennis Wise that he could "start a fight in an empty room" or something? It was Fergie who said it perhaps..  "stay out of a fight on newcastle-online" is the opposite of that from reading this thread:)

Didnt someone say about Dennis Wise that he could "start a fight in an empty room" or something? It was Fergie who said it perhaps..  "stay out of a fight on newcastle-online" is the opposite of that from reading this thread:)

We love each other really.

;););););););););)

that means all players who reach the end of there contracts and leave for free are shit ?

that means all players who reach the end of there contracts and leave for free are shit ?

Not at all, but if Mourinho geniunely thought Geremi was a top class Premiership right back, don't you think he'd at least have offered him a new deal considering he's got no-one there that he really fancies atm?

He has a much better chance of 1st team football here and we're on the up again. If I were him I'd join the toon, heh, brings new challenges here whereas I'm guessing he doesn't feel as wanted as much at chelski.

We're his best option now that hes on a free, best option for him and certainly a great option for us. Even if he wasn't a guranteed 1st team regular, he'd be great in the squad to have around with all of his experience and a useful option in a variety of positions. Win-Win deal for us I feel.

Guest pont-toon

geremi in newcastle tonight - .com

expected to sign tomorrow - SSN

very good signing imo - better cover for right back than the little waster Carr and a very good right sided midfield player to rival Nobby/Jimmy Grimble

that means all players who reach the end of there contracts and leave for free are s*** ?

Not at all, but if Mourinho geniunely thought Geremi was a top class Premiership right back, don't you think he'd at least have offered him a new deal considering he's got no-one there that he really fancies atm?

no-one says he's "top class" but good enough to play there for us or right midfield aswell at the minute.remember mourinho thought he was good enough to buy and keep around and use...........i wonder how many times he was in the first 16 ?

that means all players who reach the end of there contracts and leave for free are s*** ?

no-one says he's "top class" but good enough to play there for us or right midfield aswell at the minute.remember mourinho thought he was good enough to buy and keep around and use...........i wonder how many times he was in the first 16 ?

He never bought him.

He's more than good enough for us. I can see him turning out at left back, which is currently our weakest position.

True although I'd much rather have a dedicated Left Back or 2 arriving sometime soon ;)

I'm loving this summer so far, only the 1st of July too!

He never bought him.

ok,he never pushed him out the door either

Guest Johan

Very good signing. Yet another player added who you just feel will go a long way to adding some quality to this side and if he signs tomorrow with little fuss as well. Lets hope the days of complaining managers and last day trophy signings are forever gone!

No doubt Geremi will be a great addition to the squad, and at the moment he is a defenitive choice on the right side with either Milner or Solano. Milner injured he plays in the middle, Solano injured he plays in the defence. Butt injured and he plays defensive. Great addition if he now signs. But i still hope a great left back comes.

Very good signing. Yet another player added who you just feel will go a long way to adding some quality to this side and if he signs tomorrow with little fuss as well. Lets hope the days of complaining managers and last day trophy signings are forever gone!

Yep, I just have to keep reminding myself how this summer would be going with Roeder on board. I dread to think!  :weep:

We'd be listening to excuse after excuse ever day, whilst free/loan/cheap signings were disappearing behind it all.

I love Sams 'Get Stuck In' transfer approach, he sees a player he admires and thinks will improve the club and goes out to get him. I think Roeder just tip toed around agents too much and didn't have the balls. Obviously times have changed a little since then concerning Ashley but I'm sure you get my drift.

:clap:

Don't think they did, I've never heard anything more than "ITK" nonsense. Find it very hard to believe that they would, and even if they did, they'd just signed/were about to sign a £16m left back. They don't have anyone who Mourinho genuinely likes at right back.

could of sworn Kenyon made a reference to it

never mind, just seen SSN, get the fuck in!

So is this a done deal then?

Canny signing for free, not sure i'd want us to commit money to him, but we need some physical presense and although not very tall hes as strong as an ox and a good alternative to Solano at RB, although i cannot for the life of me see SA bringing in a proper RB now, its Geremi, Solano & Dyer in his plans, meaning i think wingbacks might be coming into our style of play :(