Geremi gets work permit, Officially signs - .cock

bodson

Guest khyberpass

So is this a done deal then?

Canny signing for free, not sure i'd want us to commit money to him, but we need some physical presense and although not very tall hes as strong as an ox and a good alternative to Solano at RB, although i cannot for the life of me see SA bringing in a proper RB now, its Geremi, Solano & Dyer in his plans, meaning i think wingbacks might be coming into our style of play :(

Allows us to play either 3/5/2 (depending on quality of the 3!) or 4/3/3>4/5/1....good to see us worrying about too many for a position, both us AND chelsea struggled because we didn't have enough quality for positions last season...

Is this happening tomorrow? He's signing, for free, tomorrow?

This has the potential to be the best Monday for a good long while.... :)

SSN said a medical had taken place I believe. I'm 80% sure (although they may have said it was happening tomorrow) but it seems a pretty much done deal  :cheesy:

( *gets to work on altering the sig* )

Guest khyberpass

Well Sam has impressed in the early transfer market....although Scotty P leaving was a bad start, he looks like he is building a squad...would of thought Geremi was a bit small for Sams tastes...but he is hard as nails...

I'm now waiting to see if he is going to make any "money - shot" signings!

SSN said a medical had taken place I believe. I'm 80% sure (although they may have said it was happening tomorrow) but it seems a pretty much done deal  :cheesy:

If it doesn't happen, I'll hunt you down and shoot you like the dog you are... :tickedoff:

Guest optimistic nit

Are people actually turning their noses up at Geremi or not, then? ???

I'm not, I just don't want him as first choice RB and I think a few appearances here and there for Chelsea in the absence of anyone else are making people think he's better than he is in that position. If he was any good back there, he'd not be going for nowt.

wullie i understand your point, but i always thought he did quite well when he was playing for chelsea. certainly top 6 imo.

Was Alberto not making a Geremi Kyle joke?

Very happy with this as well. Is it safe to start waving goodbye to the Irish Troll yet? To Sunderland please, Stevie.

I don't see why Mourinho's opinion is relevant. He's always said he likes his tall fullbacks, and besides, Mourinho has held onto him for 3 seasons even though he was signed by the previous manager. To say Geremi only plays when there are injuries, well, the same could be said of Bridge, someone who nearly everyone here considers good enough. Fact is Chelsea's defence is one of the best in the world.

I rate Geremi, I've suggested we sign him several transfer windows on the trot. He may not be good enough for Chelsea's first team but he's more than good enough for us. Not only are our current right backs inadequate (Solano will do for backup but you wouldn't want him there every week), but I don't see a great deal of quality and available right backs out there.

Geremi ticks all the boxes, in my view he's the best right back outside the top 4, bar maybe Micah Richards who would cost an arm and a leg.

If it doesn't happen, I'll hunt you down and shoot you like the dog you are... :tickedoff:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3476/staringsquirrelcopyfe5.jpg

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6306/staringsquirrelcopylm5.png

:lol: Am i the only one who'd love to strangle that fucker.

Was Alberto not making a Geremi Kyle joke?

Very happy with this as well. Is it safe to start waving goodbye to the Irish Troll yet? To Sunderland please, Stevie.

Considering Allardyce agreed to Solano's contract extension and intends to buy Beye as well then I don't see any way how Carr can remain here. Hopefully Babayaro will be on his way as well, I don't think Allardyce maintained his player-fitness record at Bolton by keeping on players like those two.

It's not just the lack of playing hours they give us, it's the total lack of motivation. It's got to be a bad influence to have around, a couple of wasters like those two.

Times:

Neighbouring Newcastle are on the verge of signing Gérémi, the Chelsea defender, who passed a medical last night and has agreed a three-year contract, as Sam Allardyce, the new manager, pursues a fourth summer buy.

Tomorrow, Newcastle head off for a training camp in Austria and among their number will be Michael Owen, who, as The Times revealed last month, will be starting the season at St James’ Park, in a development that will be welcomed by Allardyce.

The manager expressed annoyance last week at the presence of release clauses in the contracts of Owen (£9 million) and Obafemi Martins (£13 million), but the former will have an opportunity to repay the club’s fans for two injury-ravaged seasons.

Manchester United and Liverpool have a longstanding interest in Owen, but both clubs have been pursuing other candidates, while Allardyce wants Eidur Gud-johnsen to fill Martins’s shirt if the Nigeria player is signed by Arsenal or Juventus. Allardyce was in Barcelona on Friday, when Gudjohnsen’s name was brought up in talks.

Allardyce’s initial target was Edmilson, the versatile Brazil player, and having received encouragement from the World Cup winner, a Newcastle delegation will resume talks with Barcelona today. Complications include the knee injury that will enforce the 30-year-old’s absence for up to six months, his £80,000-a-week wage and Barcelona’s demand for a fee of €5 million (£3.3 million). 

Link