Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

Guest Invicta_Toon

Sorry lads.

This should be the thread you should be commenting in haha

this thread makes no sense now

Guest Gemmill

Has there actually been a move to reject or is this just Martins saying he'll stay in the absence of any such move?  The latter, I suspect.  No one in their right mind is rejecting a move to Arsenal to stop at SJP.

Has there actually been a move to reject or is this just Martins saying he'll stay in the absence of any such move?  The latter, I suspect.  No one in their right mind is rejecting a move to Arsenal to stop at SJP.

Know what you mean.

Don't agree though.

Guest optimistic nit

more likely the papers made up the story, and are now making this up, to cover their arse.

Guest Reservoir Mags

He knocked back a move after a £13mill bid was made, does that not show dedication to the Toon??

Only if it's true. Which given the usual reliability of the Express, it's probably not.

New to posting on here (though been lurking) so go easy on me at first lads yeah?  Also in the Mail but then again that's just as unreliable if not more so.  If this is true then I would think Owens decision to stay (for whatever reason) may well have swung Oba's own decision.  That our two main strikers (arguably) have made a loyalty pledge to the club may have a good effect on any prospective signings, sending out a signal that it is a good place to be.  Could benefit us in the next few weeks till deadline day.

He knocked back a move after a £13mill bid was made, does that not show dedication to the Toon??

Only if it's true. Which given the usual reliability of the Express, it's probably not.

New to posting on here (though been lurking) so go easy on me at first lads yeah?  Also in the Mail but then again that's just as unreliable if not more so.  If this is true then I would think Owens decision to stay (for whatever reason) may well have swung Oba's own decision.  That our two main strikers (arguably) have made a loyalty pledge to the club may have a good effect on any prospective signings, sending out a signal that it is a good place to be.  Could benefit us in the next few weeks till deadline day.

Welcome to the forum fella.

Welcome to the boards mate.  :thup:

Class AV like. Do it yourself?

Guest Reservoir Mags

Class AV like. Do it yourself?

Thanks for the welcome lads, and yes re the AV, Photoshop is a great way to pass a few hours whilst the missus is watching bl**dy soaps in the evening!

Case of severe paranoia here.

Mainly just find it strange other than the minute by minute on .co.uk there is no mention of Oba. Not in any of sams comments, the pictures, the match report and even when Shola is talking about his goals he mentions the attack force this season and mentions everyone but Oba.

Case of severe paranoia here.

Mainly just find it strange other than the minute by minute on .co.uk there is no mention of Oba. Not in any of sams comments, the pictures, the match report and even when Shola is talking about his goals he mentions the attack force this season and mentions everyone but Oba.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1074021,00.html

Obviously we want him to stay as the article a few days ago suggested. Sam also said things change at a drop of a hat though and an agent phone call.

Not saying he is leaving or anything, but just thought it was strange that if anything in the wake of the game yesterday nobody made any mention of his name at all.

Maybe they are just in the middle of uploading stuff from yesterday and there is an article about Oba to come..Just seems odd thats all.

I don't think Oba did himself any favours with his team-mates, when he fucked off and left them in the lurch before the Watford game just because he got dropped. It was a really poor attitude and he may need to do a bit of work before he earns their respect again.

Martins hasn't rejected a £13m bid because there hasn't been one made as far as I know. Sounds similar to Li'l Mikey's retrospective pledge of loyalty, but, likewise, welcome nonetheless.

Martins hasn't rejected a £13m bid because there hasn't been one made as far as I know.

No offence but why should you know at all?

Personally I doubt there has been a direct bid.  But there were continued rumours about Arsenal's interest right up until recently and there is very rarely this much smoke without fire.  So while he may not have rejected a direct bid from Arsenal he has at least put a stop to Arsenal's interest in him.  Something I don't think Owen would have done.

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

Martins hasn't rejected a £13m bid because there hasn't been one made as far as I know.

I saw on SSN today that it said that oba is wanting to stay for 1 more year and has rejected a move to the Arse...

The article essentially says absolutely fuck all, so until anything a bit more substantial comes out i.e. Martins himself actually says he's staying then I think there's very little to read into this

Personally I doubt there has been a direct bid.  But there were continued rumours about Arsenal's interest right up until recently and there is very rarely this much smoke without fire.  So while he may not have rejected a direct bid from Arsenal he has at least put a stop to Arsenal's interest in him.  Something I don't think Owen would have done.

Well only an official £13m bid will trigger the release clause. I haven't heard that one has been made, if you know different then please tell.