Capello sacked- Schuster appointed

NSG

Fuck me, what a strange club. I'm amazed the fans stand for it.

Aye, it's not like they've had much to cheer about over the years ;)

Troo, they have had success, they just seem to be a quick fix club. If they'd have sticked with one of these managers for a few more seasons I reckon they'd be better off than where they are now.

Still it's quite entertaining to watch.

Troo, they have had success, they just seem to be a quick fix club. If they'd have sticked with one of these managers for a few more seasons I reckon they'd be better off than where they are now.

Still it's quite entertaining to watch.

They're already the most successful team in the world. This is puzzling though, more to it than meets the eye I reckon.

Unbelievable.  I can understand the desire to play attacking football but they must've known how Capello would have them playing when they hired him.  In which case, why give him a three year contract if winning the league wouldn't justify him keeping the job?

I hope they go through a Newcastle scale barren spell now.

Rediculous full stop

Bet they are lining up Wenger! or Ancelotti

Wenger has said he is loyal and will be loyal to his contract meaning he could go next season but not this, but henry also said this :-[

Guest 22bnw

Coleman has taken the Sociedad job..

On Sky Sports website:

"Sociedad were relegated for the first time in 400 years on a dramatic final day of the season and Coleman will hope to steer the club back up at the first attempt."

I thought Sheffield FC were the oldest club in the world?  :tongue:

Coleman has taken the Sociedad job..

On Sky Sports website:

"Sociedad were relegated for the first time in 400 years on a dramatic final day of the season and Coleman will hope to steer the club back up at the first attempt."

I thought Sheffield FC were the oldest club in the world?  :tongue:

I suspect there's an extra zero in there somewhere. Canny job for the Cookie, like.

Guest 22bnw

I went to a watch a pre-season friendly before last season, Doncaster Rovers v Real Sociedad. Sociedad put their first team out and lost to a depleted Donny Rovers 1-0 and it was comfortable at that. They also drew 0-0 with relegated West Brom on their travels in England. The warning signs for the relegation were there. Coleman has got a big job on.

Guest Verlaine

capello got sacked for winning the league. chris coleman is going to get lynched.

Sociedad and Madrid are slightly different in terms of expectations.

mackems.gif

They finally get some stability for the first time in 4 years, and fuck it all up.

Stability? Yeah they won the league...but the first 6 months or so of the season were fucking horrific...They won't win it next season tho thats for sure....no matter who they get in...its barca's for the taking.

Real Madrid fluked the league but if winning the league doesn't earn you another season then it does suggest there is more to this than meets the eye as someone already suggested.

Some of the football they were playing was really bad and they were dropping points to some very poor sides but then so were Barca.

Henry's arrival at Barca will be interesting. They could form a legendary front line or they could have too many personalities and too few positions. They're gonna be expected to win everything now, and criticised when they don't. Brazil went into the world cup labelling their squad as one of their best ever (Kaka, Adriano and Ronaldinho on the back of excellent seasons, old-timers like Ronaldo, Cafu, Lucio, Emerson and R.Carlos and up and coming stars like Robinho), yet the first sign of decent opposition and they were outplayed and knocked out by a more disciplined and organised team.

I wouldn't want to tip Barca to fail given that, on paper, they have the strongest attack in the world, but I think someone will push them all the way in the league. This season they were reliant on so many dodgy refereeing decisions it was ridiculous, far more even than Real. I hate both Real and Barca but for that reason I wanted Real Madrid to win the league.

I can't see why wenger would go there.. win the league and get sacked or.. win the league and champions league and get sacked.

So who's gonna take the job? I heard that Capello's pretty decent and out of work :lol:

249 (124.500 per day)  :o

I take it you are back and regretting deleting your account?

I take it you don't have a clue what you're talking about?

:lol:

Touch a nerve?

Sorry, just got back from the Chapel of rest where I saw my Grandad for the last time.

:(

Sorry to hear man, best wishes to you and your family.

Guest elbee909

what the f**k is that to do with newcastle?

Eh?

Probably not used to things round here yet.  It's not only Newcastle that's discussed here, strange how people think it should be somehow more exclusive.

Guest afternoonfix

what the f**k is that to do with newcastle?

Eh?

Probably not used to things round here yet.  It's not only Newcastle that's discussed here, strange how people think it should be somehow more exclusive.

homo boy , keep your lid on  :)