Capello sacked- Schuster appointed

NSG

249 (124.500 per day)  :o

I take it you are back and regretting deleting your account?

I take it you don't have a clue what you're talking about?

:lol:

Touch a nerve?

Well aaall knew it would happen. Probably gonna be that getafe manager...schuster or whatever...wenger won't leave until his contract is up...thats pretty much nailed on. Its pretty well known that wenger honours his contracts.

Hope capello fucks off and doesn't manage somewhere near england...he is such a twat regardless of whatever he wins.

249 (124.500 per day)  :o

I take it you are back and regretting deleting your account?

I take it you don't have a clue what you're talking about?

Touch a nerve?

Sorry, just got back from the Chapel of rest where I saw my Grandad for the last time.

I think they've made a mistake (again) in sacking him but his league title win is a bit deceptive. Barcelona and Valencia weren't the competition they've been in previous years and for much of this season Real Madrid were very average. He's won them the league but if you watch their performances they were average in most games. At their lowest point over christmas they were battered 3-0 by Recreativo Huleva and 2-0 by Deportivo and his job was on the line. I don't think many English people realise how big Beckham was to their recovery.

Throughout the season they never looked like a title winning side and were mocked by their rivals. The title win was a bit of a fluke in all honesty but Sevilla and Barcelona threw away their chances by dropping points at crucial stages of the season.

Guest 22bnw

Getting Sven and Wenger out the way would be a big bonus in terms of holding on to Owen and Martins.

Unless Glenn Roeder becomes new Arsenal or Real manager...

Getafe Release Schuster, Capello Sack Hours Away 

Fabio Capello will be sacked later today after Bernd Schuster was released from his contract at Getafe late last night.

Schuster would have had to pay Getafe 400,000 euros in order to rescind his contract, but given the superb job done by the German, club president Angel Torres has decided to forfeit the sum and wish him the best.

This comes after some rather stubborn resistance offered by Torres, and the understanding is that he chose to end things on positive terms in hope that he could land some Madrid youngsters on loan this summer.

The decision sets Schuster up for the Real Madrid job, as Ramon Calderon had made it amply clear that any negotiations would only take place after "contractual obligations with Getafe were resolved."

The Madrid's directors are scheduled to meet later today, and will take a final decision on Capello's dismissal. However, a formal communication will take place on Monday, July the 2nd, as Capello will only be entitled to one year's compensation if sacked after the 30th of June.

Capello had earlier claimed that he would "make Madrid pay every cent" they owed him if he was sacked, but it seems as if the coach will have to settle for just one year's salary.

Once the announcement is made, Schuster will be confirmed as the new coach, and be officially presented on Monday itself. In the meanwhile, it is understood that he will start his work informally, discussing transfer strategy so that Madrid can make their moves after watching Barcelona finish most of their transfer business already.

AS provide a rather interesting comment on the subject, quoting the president as having told aides: "All the people are requesting me to bring Schuster to Madrid. That means we have made the right decision."

What an awful club, how players can want to play for this lot anymore is utterly beyond me.  Shambles.

blueyes.gif

This makes me like Barca even more. The contrast between the 2 giants of spanish football is ridiculous.

Guest 22bnw

What an awful club, how players can want to play for this lot anymore is utterly beyond me.  Shambles.

Beckham and Ronaldo didn't, they aren't the club they like to think they are anymore

The way Real want to see their club develop is something hard for non-officianados to understand. They are always searching for some kind of purity and perfection, if not poetry. Capello was too much of a dull organiser for them...Winning the league correctly is more important for them, the fact that they challenge every year is neither here nor there. He knew he was gone months ago imho.

I personally just don't see what the attraction of Real Madrid would be to Wenger.

He has complete control at Arsenal and is allowed time to develop young players and build his teams over time.  He has confidence in the security of his position and the backing of the board and supporters.

Madrid would play better football under him but would they give him the time and control he is used to.  Their manager rarely has a say in the players bought.  If he didn't win La Liga and the Champions League in his first season in glorious swashbuckling style, would he make it to a second season? 

DID YOU READ THE MADRID STATMENT ??? :lol:

Here it is:

Real's sporting director Predrag Mijatovic said: "We have taken the decision not to continue with Fabio Capello next season.

"It was a difficult decision but a unanimous one based on an exhaustive report I made to the board.

"We don't think Capello is the right person to lead Real Madrid into the future given what we want this club to achieve.

"We've laid the foundations, but we need to find a more enthusiastic way of playing."

"Now we have time to think over who will be the next head coach."