Kieron Dyer

Alberto2005

I think Dyer value is massively underrated by most posters here. Newcastle Fan said something about £5m. For me, that's no where near enough, we should be looking at getting £8-10m. He's included in the England squad on a regular basis and even gets to play the games, is, age-wise, in his prime and looks to be over his injury-nightmare (credit to Roeder).

EDIT: He can even be seen as a very versatile player, being able to play RM, CM, AM and forward, which also increases his value.

Derby just payed £3.5m for Earnshaw.

If we put him up for sale i'm almost certain that West Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, Villa, Man City and the Smoggies would attempt to sign him.

There's plenty of money being chucked around the Prem at the minute, someone's bound to buy him.

His stats on the whole have been pathetic, but in the 2004-5 season, and last season, when he was playing in a more advanced role, he had a good goal return. Dyer, Martins & Viduka wouldn't be the worst front three I've ever seen.

correct me if i'm wrong but i can only remember 2 goals from that season

Sell to who? Vivid entertainment?

:lol:

Rockstargames more like.

You're the only one who got it.  :shifty: My excuse is that I have a couple of friends who have worked for them and I live less than 70 miles away from their >ahem< offices... what's yours?  :angel:

His stats on the whole have been pathetic, but in the 2004-5 season, and last season, when he was playing in a more advanced role, he had a good goal return. Dyer, Martins & Viduka wouldn't be the worst front three I've ever seen.

correct me if i'm wrong but i can only remember 2 goals from that season

I remember a run before the "Bowyer fight" where he scored about 5 in 10 games.

It's easy to pick faults in a player's game and point to his stats and in Dyer's case many of those points are fair.

But when you take a step back and look at what he gives us, he's a pretty useful player. For a while he was our most dangerous player last season. Under Bobby Robson he was key to our side which finished 3rd, 4th and 5th in the league so I don't agree with these suggestions that he's some mid-table or bottom half player.

His wages are a joke but there's little we can do about that now, short of taking a small transfer fee because noone will match them. Personally I'd rather hang onto a good player, though if the opportunity arose to sign a worthy replacement I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Considering the gaps in our squad at the moment though, the last thing we need is more players to replace.

i'm astounded this is even being debated to be honest

dyer has never been good enough or fit enough, end of story....he had some youthful promise as a bairn but pissed it up a wall and put the rest on lurid sex videos

WITHOUT the takeover i was jumping around like a chimp throwing shit at the walls at the prospect of this odious little bastard being punted out of toon, we could have replaced him with a fucken mannequin on roller skates really, cheaper and same end product

WITH the takeover i'm amazed people are even thinking keeping him is an option - surely with 1.9bn in his pocket mike ashley could pick up a slightly less handsomely paid useless pile of shit?

or is it just me...

Guest LucasUnger

i would keep him as long we haven't bought someone else in the positions dyer can play.

we can't keep sellin our "squad players" and not buying any one. our squad at the moment needs at least another 5 players to compete the first 7.

and i think sam could get the best out of dyer. something we have never seen of him before. no i don't mean new bling bling teeth i mean 20-30 games with out no injuries and lots of goals.

keep it up.

i would keep him as long we haven't bought someone else in the positions dyer can play.

we can't keep sellin our "squad players" and not buying any one. our squad at the moment needs at least another 5 players to compete the first 7.

and i think sam could get the best out of dyer. something we have never seen of him before. no i don't mean new bling bling teeth i mean 20-30 games with out no injuries and lots of goals.

keep it up.

someone else to play in the positions dyer can play!!  hm is that the missionary position, taken from the back with the video camera positioned correctly or is it the ones with his lawyer where he's acting contrite over his latest misdemeanour?

it certainly can't be any FOOTBALL positions 'cause he's shite in 'em all

We need to tout Dyer about around the London clubs.

Fit in well there, hopefully his final destination is about to arrive.

Too much money - no end product x injuries = Dyer.

I think Dyer value is massively underrated by most posters here. Newcastle Fan said something about £5m. For me, that's no where near enough, we should be looking at getting £8-10m. He's included in the England squad on a regular basis and even gets to play the games, is, age-wise, in his prime and looks to be over his injury-nightmare (credit to Roeder).

EDIT: He can even be seen as a very versatile player, being able to play RM, CM, AM and forward, which also increases his value.

Derby just payed £3.5m for Earnshaw.

Transfer fees have gone through the roof recently and wages will go in tandem. Dyer's injury record is the main concern, other than that we should have no problem getting our money back should we want to sell.

I am pretty sure that Allardyce will want to keep him here unless we get a daft offer, because he is still  a very dangerous player who attacks defences at speed.

Guest Milburnthedog

Dyer can't defend, track back, create or score (any where like enough). He's a bad apple and has to go. He takes our money under false pretences and shows the bling off which winds many up in to wanting to kill the little bugger as he hasn't deserved it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he does under Allardyce and a part of me would be sad to see him go this summer, but I certainly wouldn't mind it too much. It's a bit of a catch-22 with KD because you just know he'd go on to another club and win a fucking trophy before we do. That would sting.

Guest Town-Toon

Posted on: Yesterday at 11:56:53 PMPosted by: graemeh72 

Insert Quote

he's an oddmidfielder like

He's a soft as clarts.... too soft to tackle

...he can run fast....when fit

..is great when he's dribbling into empty space

... can't shoot (lets be honest he can't ... and side foots dont count)

Aye sell ...

Its our fault he's s**** mind ....but lets get rid

This is spot on. :clap:

Insert Quote

Aye sell ...

No, in fact it's complete sh1te, fuelled by hatred. The only valid point you make is wrt his fitness which I agreed with.

Insert Quote

Aye sell ...

No, in fact it's complete sh1te, fuelled by hatred. The only valid point you make is wrt his fitness which I agreed with.

All seems pretty accurate to me. Are you saying he actually can tackle and shoot?

He can definitely shoot, I was in the west stand when he volleyed the winner against Leeds at home 2-1 from about 20 yds. SBR was the manager and we went into that game with only Ameobi and Dyer up front against a high flying Leeds at the time.

He can tackle as well, but he's no centre back I agree. If we are looking to play him as a centre back or defensive midfielder you might have a point. Is that where you would be looking to deploy him?

He can definitely shoot, I was in the west stand when he volleyed the winner against Leeds at home 2-1 from about 20 yds. SBR was the manager and we went into that game with only Ameobi and Dyer up front against a high flying Leeds at the time.

He can tackle as well, but he's no centre back I agree. If we are looking to play him as a centre back or defensive midfielder you might have a point. Is that where you would be looking to deploy him?

Like others, I'm looking to deploy him as a perm-crocked never-was. Somewhere in London. For another club.

and you are entitled to your opinion as a 'fan'. A manager has to weigh up the pro's and not just the cons though. Which is why no manager so far has shared your opinion I would guess.

and you are entitled to your opinion as a 'fan'. A manager has to weigh up the pro's and not just the cons though. Which is why no manager so far has shared your opinion I would guess.

I actually think he's alright when fit.  I don't think he has a powerful shot, although his finishing does seem to have improved. I don't think he's much of a tackler. But he's inconsistent and often injured. Even this season he only made an impact his first few matches but then went missing and was actually diabolical in some games.

i'm astounded this is even being debated to be honest

dyer has never been good enough or fit enough, end of story....he had some youthful promise as a bairn but pissed it up a wall and put the rest on lurid sex videos

WITHOUT the takeover i was jumping around like a chimp throwing s*** at the walls at the prospect of this odious little b****** being punted out of toon, we could have replaced him with a fucken mannequin on roller skates really, cheaper and same end product

WITH the takeover i'm amazed people are even thinking keeping him is an option - surely with 1.9bn in his pocket mike ashley could pick up a slightly less handsomely paid useless pile of s***?

or is it just me...

I agree with you 100% - it will sour the whole takeover joy for me if this overrated , overpaid, spoilt and petulant trouble-maker remains at SJP - UNLESS Sam plays him in the Reserves....