Kieron Dyer

Alberto2005

Guest khyberpass

Dyer turned our season around when he returned. No-one can deny that.

our season was utter pish from start to finish so how exactly did it "turn around"?

i'd like to see more views on dyers effect on the season however; my recollection was he had an impact when he returned from injury for about 5 games then disappeared as per usual

martins was the one who "turned our season around" in my opinion but he's s**** apparently and not worth more than one season...

FACT remains that Dyer scored 7 goals...thats plenty more than the rest of our midfield....therefore, the quote that he can't shoot is bollox....Shearer, who knows a thing or two about shooting, has also quoted a few times that Dyer is a different player in training, a real attacking threat, with a great shot...

He gets himself in plenty of shooting positions; but in matches seems to try a pass, rather than a shot....mind you, with the venom thrown at Lampard by some on this site, I can understand....

He's been a disappointment because we've all seen flashes of what Dyer COULD be....

Doesn't alter the fact that he HAS BEEN a childish, playboy, lazy, uninterested, disruptive, disloyal, mouthy, injury prone, waster of his god given talent...

but I actually think its a HAS BEEN situation...I want the best for the Toon....a Dyer who has grown up, had his body sorted out, and played in a similar position, week in- week out, could prove a 10-15 goal, potential double figure assist player...there aren't many of those in the PL, and it would be best for us to see what Sam can coax from him before we get on his back.

The horrible spineless little c*** has been afforded more comebacks than Frank f****** Sinatra.

I hope the c*** never plays in a black and white shirt ever again.

And anyone trying to defend the scrawny b****** seriously needs to have their f****** thick heads examined.

Sadly this is typical of the Anti-Dyer lobby. Foam-flecked hatred which makes you wonder whether they can't present reasonable arguments for their case.

arguments have been put, they've just been ignored 'cause you can't read them in rose tinted spectacles

again though; his shooting is appalling, his crossing is appalling, his passing is appalling, his tackling is appalling, his positional sense is non-existent, his dribbling is only OK but is largely directionless, he has no isea how to utilise his pace in a game of professional football, he can't even spell "football brain", HE REFUSED TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB & BOBBY ROBSON

that's it summed up in a nutshell and i haven't even mentioned his off the field exploits, numerous chances to turn it around, injury record, fighting on the pitch and so on....oh yes i have

so there you have it friend, foam-flecked indeed but in no way untrue

his shooting is appalling,

No it isn't, he has scored some absolute blinders - not everyone can hit a dead ball like Shearer but that doesn't make their shooting 'appalling'.

his crossing is appalling,

He isn't a conventional winger though, he usually cuts in from wide and plays the ball low, something which Arsenal have done under Wenger for years,

his passing is appalling,

Is that why he used to play so many great one-twos with Solano when we finished 3rd under Robson?

his tackling is appalling,

He's no centre back it's true.

his positional sense is non-existent,

Must be why so many of our goals on the counter revolve around this fast breaking midfielder then. Stupid idiot doesn't realise he's in the wrong place obviously.

his dribbling is only OK but is largely directionless, he has no isea how to utilise his pace in a game of professional football,

not obvious to many, but dribbling at pace makes picking out team mates that much more difficult. He could always stop and take a look around for a bit I suppose.

he can't even spell "football brain", HE REFUSED TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB & BOBBY ROBSON

well at least he didn't stub a cigar into his eye. Look on the positives.

Dyer can't shoot, can't cross, can't tackle, can't run at full pace without tearing his hamstrings and costs far too much money for his talent.

He's a decent passer, and very good at moving the ball forward when he can be arsed.

But overall he's a bad apple, a poor player, and part of the old NUFC we should be leaving behind.

The horrible spineless little c*** has been afforded more comebacks than Frank f****** Sinatra.

And anyone trying to defend the scrawny b****** seriously needs to have their f****** thick heads examined.

Sadly this is typical of the Anti-Dyer lobby. Foam-flecked hatred which makes you wonder whether they can't present reasonable arguments for their case.

arguments have been put, they've just been ignored 'cause you can't read them in rose tinted spectacles

again though; his shooting is appalling, his crossing is appalling, his passing is appalling, his tackling is appalling, his positional sense is non-existent, his dribbling is only OK but is largely directionless, he has no isea how to utilise his pace in a game of professional football, he can't even spell "football brain", HE REFUSED TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB & BOBBY ROBSON

that's it summed up in a nutshell and i haven't even mentioned his off the field exploits, numerous chances to turn it around, injury record, fighting on the pitch and so on....oh yes i have

No it isn't, he has scored some absolute blinders - not everyone can hit a dead ball like Shearer but that doesn't make their shooting 'appalling'.

He isn't a conventional winger though, he usually cuts in from wide and plays the ball low, something which Arsenal have done under Wenger for years,

Is that why he used to play so many great one-twos with Solano when we finished 3rd under Robson?

Must be why so many of our goals on the counter revolve around this fast breaking midfielder then. Stupid idiot doesn't realise he's in the wrong place obviously.

his dribbling is only OK but is largely directionless, he has no isea how to utilise his pace in a game of professional football,

not obvious to many, but dribbling at pace makes picking out team mates that much more difficult. He could always stop and take a look around for a bit I suppose.

he can't even spell "football brain", HE REFUSED TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB & BOBBY ROBSON

ok i'll put aside the vitriol for a second and answer your points

regarding shooting i'll side with "Jonny Sack" and question where these great goals he's scored are?  as the guy "khyberpss" says he opts to pass more often than shoot which begs the question why if he has such a good shot? the goals i remember him scoring, in fact, are basically all side footed "passed shots" such as arsenal away where he showed great composure well above his usual level - he is basically the new jigsaw

people are quoting 7 goals last season like it's some big fucken deal - a top class midfielder is expected to get double figures fact

passing - one-two aren't really an example that someone is a good passer of the ball, they're an example in this instance that he's playing with an intelligent player such as solano who as i recall it used to force dyer into the space with the types of balls he'd play back to him, dyer himself has no range of passing whatsoever beyond about 10 feet....how many times does he set off on the counter with purpose only for the move to fall apart due to the quality of his pass?  a lot is answer

as for his crossing how many goals do we get from his cut backs?  could be wrong again but i'm sure his assists figures are also embarrasingly low for someone who gets in consistenly good positions

positional sense works in many ways and i'd argue that goals on the counter attack are generally (football wide) down to moving the ball fast rather then someone having good positional sense...it's a strength dyer does have, the ability to use his burst of pace and set us on the way, however as moves develop how many times do they collapse as a result of his inability to pass/cross accurately or explout the space

i take your point about dribbling at pace being hard but then he's not paid to do easy shit is he?  football is littered with the dead careers of people who could run fast and had tricks but ultimately were not good enough (why this doesn't apply to dyer is beyond me)....as for utilisiation of pace i liken him to keith gillespie in that if they had it upstairs they'd know when to be hanging on the shoulder of a full back to develop holes on the pitch, dyer has utterly no idea if you ask me

as for the cigar stubbing out what's the supposed to prove?  we have signed a player who made some mistakes?  big deal, he never made any of them here and if we're sitting looking at joey barton in 7 years time when he's spent 50% of his life injured and never fulfilled his potential while being paid all the money in the world i'll be saying the same about him too

he's had enough chances and enough excuses made for him, time to say goodbye

Guest Phil K

Dyer ?

BlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBlingBling

That Dyer ? :D

On his day he can be a great player but those "days" are far too scarce to warrant the salary he is on. The recent "best" was his display in the uefa cup before coming off injured again!! His "run" last season was nothing, anyone could shine in that team, the way we were playing...

If an offer of 8 million plus came in we would be stupid not to sell.

Guest vatos

Chelsea & Spurs want him. He is a England international.

Are you 100% sure that we cant use him?

I think he was good when he came back from injury.  He had been out for over a year

Dyer turned our season around when he returned. No-one can deny that.

our season was utter pish from start to finish so how exactly did it "turn around"?

i'd like to see more views on dyers effect on the season however; my recollection was he had an impact when he returned from injury for about 5 games then disappeared as per usual

martins was the one who "turned our season around" in my opinion but he's s**** apparently and not worth more than one season...

FACT remains that Dyer scored 7 goals...thats plenty more than the rest of our midfield....therefore, the quote that he can't shoot is bollox....Shearer, who knows a thing or two about shooting, has also quoted a few times that Dyer is a different player in training, a real attacking threat, with a great shot...

He gets himself in plenty of shooting positions; but in matches seems to try a pass, rather than a shot....mind you, with the venom thrown at Lampard by some on this site, I can understand....

He's been a disappointment because we've all seen flashes of what Dyer COULD be....

Doesn't alter the fact that he HAS BEEN a childish, playboy, lazy, uninterested, disruptive, disloyal, mouthy, injury prone, waster of his god given talent...

but I actually think its a HAS BEEN situation...I want the best for the Toon....a Dyer who has grown up, had his body sorted out, and played in a similar position, week in- week out, could prove a 10-15 goal, potential double figure assist player...there aren't many of those in the PL, and it would be best for us to see what Sam can coax from him before we get on his back.

And his bad history outweighs his good. As always, toon fans latch onto the smallest chink of hope and blow it out of all context.

ok i'll put aside the vitriol for a second and answer your points

regarding shooting i'll side with "Jonny Sack" and question where these great goals he's scored are?  as the guy "khyberpss" says he opts to pass more often than shoot which begs the question why if he has such a good shot? the goals i remember him scoring, in fact, are basically all side footed "passed shots" such as arsenal away where he showed great composure well above his usual level - he is basically the new jigsaw

people are quoting 7 goals last season like it's some big fucken deal - a top class midfielder is expected to get double figures fact

passing - one-two aren't really an example that someone is a good passer of the ball, they're an example in this instance that he's playing with an intelligent player such as solano who as i recall it used to force dyer into the space with the types of balls he'd play back to him, dyer himself has no range of passing whatsoever beyond about 10 feet....how many times does he set off on the counter with purpose only for the move to fall apart due to the quality of his pass?  a lot is answer

as for his crossing how many goals do we get from his cut backs?  could be wrong again but i'm sure his assists figures are also embarrasingly low for someone who gets in consistenly good positions

positional sense works in many ways and i'd argue that goals on the counter attack are generally (football wide) down to moving the ball fast rather then someone having good positional sense...it's a strength dyer does have, the ability to use his burst of pace and set us on the way, however as moves develop how many times do they collapse as a result of his inability to pass/cross accurately or explout the space

i take your point about dribbling at pace being hard but then he's not paid to do easy s*** is he?  football is littered with the dead careers of people who could run fast and had tricks but ultimately were not good enough (why this doesn't apply to dyer is beyond me)....as for utilisiation of pace i liken him to keith gillespie in that if they had it upstairs they'd know when to be hanging on the shoulder of a full back to develop holes on the pitch, dyer has utterly no idea if you ask me

as for the cigar stubbing out what's the supposed to prove?  we have signed a player who made some mistakes?  big deal, he never made any of them here and if we're sitting looking at joey barton in 7 years time when he's spent 50% of his life injured and never fulfilled his potential while being paid all the money in the world i'll be saying the same about him too

he's had enough chances and enough excuses made for him, time to say goodbye

I am not really interested in getting into a deep-heated debate about the need to get Dyer out of Newcastle. All I will say is this; managers tend to look at the bigger picture. For example, Alan Shearer I'm sure everyone will agree, is a much better centre forward that Dyer. But you wouldn't want two Alan Shearers as your 1st choice strikers. Most top managers will look at their players and assess what they bring to their squad. I am happy to let Sam Allardyce do that, and if he wants to get rid of Dyer, I will back him. If he feels that he adds something extra and he wants to make use of it, then he will probably have a good reason for it. Some fans won't see it but a manager who makes decisions to be popular with vocal critics, just like a Chairman who makes trophy signings wouldn't get my respect anyway.

Dyer can't shoot, can't cross, can't tackle, can't run at full pace without tearing his hamstrings and costs far too much money for his talent.

He's a decent passer, and very good at moving the ball forward when he can be arsed.

But overall he's a bad apple, a poor player, and part of the old NUFC we should be leaving behind.

and you need your head read if you seriously believe he is a poor player. SKY generation  :rolleyes:

Theres no doubt if Dyer stays fit he will be a key player for us!In the few games he played last yr he looked the best player in midfield for us making things happen.With his pace alone he opens up defences!I wouldnt sell him unless we got around £10mil which no one will spend anyway cos hes too injury prone.I say give him one more season,see what his fitness his like!

Theres no doubt if Dyer stays fit he will be a key player for us!In the few games he played last yr he looked the best player in midfield for us making things happen.With his pace alone he opens up defences!I wouldnt sell him unless we got around £10mil which no one will spend anyway cos hes too injury prone.I say give him one more season,see what his fitness his like!

Few? He played about 30 and was shite in about 25.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Yes there is a doubt. He's a scrawny little midfielder with the tendency to go hiding against better opposition.

James Milner was our best midfielder last season and was more likely to make things happen as opposed to Dyer.

His fitness is shite. I reckon he'll have about 3 niggling injuries next season.

He should have been peddled a long, long time ago.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Nicky Butt was our best midfielder last season IMO

Not for "making things happen" to quote olliemort.

He made the yids cry. Good enough for me. :D

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not really arsed about Dyer anymore. He's done nothing since his first season to justify the amount of hype around him. When he's good he's really good, but it doesnt happen anywhere near enough. Definately not the player for making things happen in midfield last year. That award goes to Milner, easily.

Guest Dr. Pongle

He made the yids cry. Good enough for me. :D

Hell aye. Don't get me wrong - I thought Butt was outstanding last season.

Cap doffed for getting the winner. Superb.

His assist stats are shite, historically hos goals stats are shite.

He offers little of substance, but does enough "running fast in a straight line" to fool some players. He's made himself a good living out of being a mediocre player built up to be top class, and for that he should be admired. But preferably whilst he's at another club.

All the "Man Utd and Chelsea want him" shite makes me snigger. If they did, they'd have him. But they don't, unfortunately.

His assist stats are s****, historically hos goals stats are s****.

He offers little of substance, but does enough "running fast in a straight line" to fool some players. He's made himself a good living out of being a mediocre player built up to be top class, and for that he should be admired. But preferably whilst he's at another club.

All the "Man Utd and Chelsea want him" s**** makes me snigger. If they did, they'd have him. But they don't, unfortunately.

Re-posted for your benefit:

I am not really interested in getting into a deep-heated debate about the need to get Dyer out of Newcastle. All I will say is this; managers tend to look at the bigger picture. For example, Alan Shearer I'm sure everyone will agree, is a much better centre forward that Dyer. But you wouldn't want two Alan Shearers as your 1st choice strikers. Most top managers will look at their players and assess what they bring to their squad. I am happy to let Sam Allardyce do that, and if he wants to get rid of Dyer, I will back him. If he feels that he adds something extra and he wants to make use of it, then he will probably have a good reason for it. Some fans won't see it but a manager who makes decisions to be popular with vocal critics, just like a Chairman who makes trophy signings wouldn't get my respect anyway.