Allardyce: Brede Hangeland not a player looked at

Guest Geordiesned

He has developed extremely well the last two years, been class at the national team lately. Intelligent, tecnical, strong and good in the air. I actually think he would be class for us, when Ronny Johnsen and Henning Berg made it, i can't see why Hangeland shouldn't be able to do it. Norwegian defenders ain't that bad, ten times better than what we've had at Newcastle.

If we are going for him I would hope it's as 4th choice behind Taylor, Rozehnal and another. That would leave us room to sign a top defender which I still believe we need. If Beye is coming in as well however, then he would complete the four centre backs, with Ramage, Huntington, Edgar and that lot well behind in the pecking order.

He played DM for Viking for a while under Roy Hodgson (who considered him to be good enough for the EPL), but I don't think he'd be suited for the position in England. He does have some composure, but I don't think he'll get enough time on the ball as a DM to be able to pass well. I could be wrong, though.

We've actually been linked with him before:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/solpda/ukfs_sport/hi/newsid_4034000/4034217.stm

From the link I found this

"Newcastle full-back Olivier Bernard has threatened to leave St James' Park unless he is made one of the club's top 10 earners. (Daily Express)"

Good old days... :)

Being linked with this guy in the norwegian press again. www.vg.no claiming that a transfer might be imminent, even as soon as this week. This time around, both Man City and Villa are touted as competitors for his signature, as well as ourselves. His agent has commented that Hangeland wouldn't mind staying in denmark, but would listen to offers from any big club - with england being his preferred destination if he's to leave FCK.

Norwegian article here.

Being linked with this guy in the norwegian press again. www.vg.no claiming that a transfer might be imminent, even as soon as this week. This time around, both Man City and Villa are touted as competitors for his signature, as well as ourselves. His agent has commented that Hangeland wouldn't mind staying in denmark, but would listen to offers from any big club - with england being his preferred destination if he's to leave FCK.

Norwegian article here.

Got a feeling Carew could lure him to villa...

Wouldn't suprise me, at least.

The media seem to think that he'd cost more than £3M, due to his good form last season. Hope we don't go for him, think we can do better for that amount.

Guest keego_nufc

Wrong FC Kobenhavn player.

Newcastle and West ham are fighting for Atiba Hutchinson, the main star of FC Kobenhavn and Champions League suprise.

West Ham and Newcastle are set for a £3m battle to land FC Copenhagen's Canadian utility player Atiba Hutchinson. (Daily Star)

This guy would be class he can play anywhere on the pitch excluding keeper, he has been one of Canada's best players for the past year.  He scored the top goal in the Danish league this past year dribbling from his half through 4 players and ended with a nice finish.  (keyword: FCK hutchinson)  on the site that shall not be named

Again GREAT player, when the USA played Canada he was even called a "football genius" by some American supporters.  Amazing speed, very tall, a footballing genius and can play anywhere on the pitch

Oh and he was also named to the all tournament team in the FIFA U20 World Cup 2003

Wrong FC Kobenhavn player.

Newcastle and West ham are fighting for Atiba Hutchinson, the main star of FC Kobenhavn and Champions League suprise.

West Ham and Newcastle are set for a £3m battle to land FC Copenhagen's Canadian utility player Atiba Hutchinson. (Daily Star)

This guy would be class he can play anywhere on the pitch excluding keeper, he has been one of Canada's best players for the past year.  He scored the top goal in the Danish league this past year dribbling from his half through 4 players and ended with a nice finish.  (keyword: FCK hutchinson)  on the site that shall not be named

Again GREAT player, when the USA played Canada he was even called a "football genius" by some American supporters.  Amazing speed, very tall, a footballing genius and can play anywhere on the pitch

Oh and he was also named to the all tournament team in the FIFA U20 World Cup 2003

And, believe me, we Americans really know this game ;)

Just try to  listen to what some Americans will tell you about Eddie Johnson. without laughing.