AyeDubbleYoo

Guest eyeball_tickler

"so he can take part more in the last year of his contract."

aka "you arent getting a new contract"

:thup:

"so he can take part more in the last year of his contract."

aka "you arent getting a new contract"

:thup:

Probably, a good motivational technique to highlight the fact he'll be out the door if he doesn't start performing - and that time is running out to do it.

Guest DavB93

If Allardyce is after 2 new left backs like mentioned in loads of threads we don't need Baba, get rid of him. Been shite for us.

I hope we hear the same sort of thing about Carr. 

One or the other for me. And i'd rather it be Babayaro, seeing as he actually has some ability.

Still, i fail to see how Babayaro fits into Allardyce's plans if he's after two left-backs. Agree with Jamesmartinsmith, sign Beye and one left-back, and let Carr go.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

If Allardyce is after 2 new left backs like mentioned in loads of threads we don't need Baba, get rid of him. Been s**** for us.

Bridge and Baines.

:coolsmiley:

i have saw Baba play well for a 1/4 of his games for us but hes just never stayed fit! i think if we get Baines we could give Wigan Baba like someone said just above  :razz: oviously if we payed about £3million and Baba for Baines would be a bargain

Dont think it helped Carr or Baba not having any competition.

Doesnt matter who you are, you will become lazier if there is no competition for your place. Either guy could do what the hell they wanted within reason.

Its like starting a new job, steering clear of the internet, then after a month you find you can go on the internet without anyone knowing. Work gradually slides downhill.

If we dont get any decent offers im not opposed to keeping them and see if they work any better when they arent first choice. Provided they are managed the right way, it should be a good thing.

Guest niina

A motivated Babayaro is quite good for 2nd choice left back (compared with a right back or a center back in the left back slot :D ), as long as he can keep fit and motivated. I mean (if) we only buy 1 good left back then we still don't have anybody else (Edgar is not a left back, is he? Just play the kid in his regular position).

Nah we've got to get rid of him. If you go missing when the clubs looking at relegation battles, or can't get yourself off the sick bed to play in Europe we don't need you.

Lets hope we're just getting him fit so we can sell him. Maybe he fancies a move to the US of A, or that Saudi League? Dwight Yorke was playing in.

I expect SA's just hedging his bets and building him up in case he can't get a second choice LB.  I think Baba is too lightweight for SA, notwithstanding his other obvious defects - shocking fitness record, poor attitude, lack of heart, poor positional sense etc. - and I reckon he'll be out the door regardless once his contract is up. 

Baba has only looked a good pick either when compared to the players we've played out of position at LB ie Paul Huntington. Or piss poor players like Ian Harte.  Compare him with a half decent LB and it's fairly obvious there's no future for him, he's taken the piss for far too long imo, unless he has a miraculous conversion in terms of attitude, effort and ability.  And even then he doesn't fit the SA mould imo.

Guest Ridzuan

For now,I wouldnt mind keeping him because we still havent got any better left backs to replace him should he leave.Even if we get one,I think its better to keep him as the second choice.

We need 2 new left backs. Baba must go (is he going to play in the ACN & be missing anyway).

You can not defend by spending most of your time on your backside as a result of diving in 2 footed every time the ball is within 10 yards of you.