Scholes/Anderson

Tevez      Rooney

wowz

Butt/Geremi

Milner/Dyer                  Zog/Luque

Emre/Barton

Owen/Martins            Dukes/Shola

Ours is far better tbh!

The whole buying the title thing is bollocks however you look at it imo.  Chelsea/Man United/whoever - if you want to win the league in this day and age, you need to spend huge to do it.  I do however think that Man United generating the cash on a foundation of sustained success over the last however many years in order to make huge signings, is a lot different to Abramovich turning up, bailing out a virtually bankrupt club, and then bankrolling huge signings while the club operates on astronomical losses.

Correct, two VERY different things.

Manchester's (hate-em!!) is an enviable achievement as a result of good management, the other is virtually 'fraud' on our great game. To illustrate this, Chelsea and Leeds were in exactly the same position (the figures were almost identical) at exactly the same time - one went the 'natural' way as a result (deservedly) of their own incompetence - the other . . . .  ?

There is no comparison, at all, between the Manchester United and Chelsea spending situations - it amazes me (constantly) how some people cannot (refuse to?) see this at all.

The only difference is that Chelsea got a load of cash in a flash whereas Manure have been developing their business model over a longer period. I do not however find Chelsea's method more objectionable than Manure's. What Abramovich did is exactly what most private equity firms does these days (i.e take over a company heavily in debt, inject a load of cash and turn them profitable over a number of years) which is perfectly legal and is happening in other sectors anyway.

To me at least, if you buy a trophy, then you buy a trophy regardless of the means that you obtain the money. If Chelsea is guilty of it, then so are Manure.

Guest gggg

There's a massive difference between Manchester United Football Club buying the league and Roman Abramovich buying the league.

Oh and Chelsea making profits =  :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe if they dont buy anybody for the next 10 years but by which time they will be back in mid table and their revenues will be mcuh lower.

Guest gggg

It's not as if Chelsea hadn't been spending big before Roman came in though is it? £7m Gallas, £5m Desailly, £12m Lampard, £9m Gronkjaer, £6m Zenden, £13m Hasslebaink, £5m Gudjohnsen, etc.

Which got them over 100m pounds in debt.

There's a massive difference between Manchester United Football Club buying the league and Roman Abramovich buying the league.

Oh and Chelsea making profits =  :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe if they dont buy anybody for the next 10 years but by which time they will be back in mid table and their revenues will be mcuh lower.

I don't see how you can make a distinction between Roman and Chelsea. He is affectively the owner of the club and can inject as much cash he wants into the club. Like I said investors and private equity firms do it all the time. Being 100M in debt is nothing compared to some of the other takeovers that has occured in recent times (Marriot for example). 

Aye they've wrapped up the title without kicking a ball.

So everyone keeps saying, but those same people said the same with the arrival of Ballack & Shevchenko last season with Chelsea.

I think another factor is how well all the other teams are strengthening. Newcastle, West Ham & Citeh are going to make massive leaps with the Spuds, Portsmouth & Villa all having more quality options to them for next season.

I certainly think its a bit premature to be saying that, but they've certainly pushed the boat out and capitalised on their unexpected (this time last year it was Chelsea chelsea & chelsea) title win last season.

Not really. Chelsea had injuries last season which they'll be more prepared for this time around. The loss of Terry and Cech put them out of the title race really, and losing Robben and Joe Cole affected them.

Chelsea will win the vast majority of their games and will be right up there with them all the way. It's important to remember that Man Utd can only field 11 players and they can't do anything about Chelsea picking up points for 36 games of the season.

Not really. Chelsea had injuries last season which they'll be more prepared for this time around. The loss of Terry and Cech put them out of the title race really.

Chelsea will win the vast majority of their games and will be right up there with them all the way. It's important to remember that Man Utd can only field 11 players and they can't do anything about Chelsea picking up points for 36 games of the season.

No Jose put them out of the title race for moaning, whinging and cursing their luck over these injuries while basically telling the world he hasn't anyone to replace them knocking the confidence of those who stepped in.

He could and should of rode out the storm over those two injuries, its two players FFS, but instead the 'poor me' act came out and no one had any sympathy for him, and he looked a right tool. He's even said he wasn't at his best last season and made mistakes. I expect a fully mentally prepared Mourinho for next season.

Guest alex

Whilst I think Tevez is class I'm not convinced him and Rooney will play together that well. A bit similar in the positions they like to take up, i.e. the link player/'in the hole' between midfield and attack. Maybe Rooney will push a bit further forward.

Guest Armchair Pundit

From SSN:

The Premier League will block Carlos Tevez's proposed move to Manchester United if they are not satisfied the transfer fee will go to West Ham.

Widespread reports on Thursday suggested United are leading the chase to sign the Argentine star and that talks over a move to Old Trafford are well underway.

Tevez is considering his future, with West Ham United hoping to hang on to the Argentine after his influential end to last season.

He has suggested he is looking to join a big club over the summer, but any move to Manchester United could be blocked by the Premier League.

West Ham claim they own the registration of Tevez after the league accepted in April that the club had terminated all agreements with the player's agent Kia Joorabchian.

The Premier League are planning to keep an eye on any transfer for Tevez to ensure that West Ham keep their promise of owning his registration.

A Premier League spokesman said: "As far as we are concerned any deal to take Carlos Tevez away from West Ham has to be done directly with the club."

Tevez, who is currently away on international duty at the Copa America, has been linked with a number of clubs including United, Real Madrid and Internazionale.

The classy forward says he has received no offers for his services as yet, but that he was flattered by the interest from some of the top clubs in Europe in him.

As far as I am aware, I have not received any official offers," Tevez told Argentine newspaper Clarin.

"Once an offer arrives then we will see. But the fact that Real Madrid, Internazionale and Manchester United are interested in me makes me proud."

So if it was found out that West Ham still didn't hold the registration of the player and the move was blocked by the Premier League would that then mean that West Ham would be punished further for playing him again after saying they now had his registration?

im expecting more...

Hargreaves Carrick

Scholes

Ronaldo    Tevez      Rooney

Anderson/Nani going in any of the more attacking 4 positions

That team is phenomenal. That front three switching positions throughout a match would be a nightmare.

Anderson could also play in Scholes' position when he's tired/injured or they're playing a lesser club.

Premier League are going to end up looking like complete idiots over this.

Feel sorry for Tevez (or as sorry as you can feel for someone born with his talents). Destined to be one of the world's best players yet faces potentially being tied to this Joorbowchikawawah fella his entire career.

I'll take it though, anything to scupper this deal.