**Official Fantasy Premier League 2007/08**

Guest Deep456

Guest Rey Mysterio

Can you all remember how many points you got last year? I dominated my league with my mates with a total of 2015, the rest of em were all rubbish needless to say!

I'd say you'd need more than that this time round. I got over 2000 in my works league, and only finished mid-table. Stopped paying attention after January...

Guest Rey Mysterio

I'd say you'd need more than that this time round. I got over 2000 in my works league, and only finished mid-table. Stopped paying attention after January...

Fatal mistake  :lol:

Fatal mistake  :lol:

Tell me about it, could have won a fortune if I'd kept in it. Lost my internet connection at work and never got the time to keep track of my team. Won't be making that mistake again... O0

Looks a good team does that one, Bad Cat, especially if James has another good season for Pompey clean-sheets wise. Why i picked the likes of Distin tbh. Good attacking midfield n'all, which is what will work. Honestly don't see the point in having defensive midfielders... what do they do? They don't score goals and they don't contribute to getting clean sheets, atleast not any more than other midfielders.

Looks a good team does that one, Bad Cat, especially if James has another good season for Pompey clean-sheets wise. Why i picked the likes of Distin tbh. Good attacking midfield n'all, which is what will work. Honestly don't see the point in having defensive midfielders... what do they do? They don't score goals and they don't contribute to getting clean sheets, atleast not any more than other midfielders.

Yeah defensive midfielders are not worth having at all, fuck knows why people sign Hargreaves or Makelele when they cost loads and don't get the clean sheet bonus, a pretty big factor as to why they're on the pitch in the first place, and they provide fewer assists than attacking midfielders.

I bet Coach HTT insists on having one for the sake of the teams balance though  :razz:

Surprised more people don't have Tevez, if Man Utd sign him his value will go up about 5 million so even if you didn't want him you could just replace him as soon as the season starts and get an extra few million to spend

Surprised more people don't have Tevez, if Man Utd sign him his value will go up about 5 million so even if you didn't want him you could just replace him as soon as the season starts and get an extra few million to spend

:nods:

Reason why i didn't pick any United attackers was because i can't see any one of them having an individual goalfest. I think the major thing that will help United win the league is that their goal tallies will be supremely spread out. And Ronaldo can't possibly have as good a season as he did last season, either, so i didn't bother. Can see Drogba mellowing out aswell given the inevitable midfield clutter over there. I was ambitious in my line-up; Bellamy and Diouf upfront... risky. :coolio:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4994/fantasyteamzh7.png

Subs: Niemi, Baines, Hibbert, Pearson

Think Bellers will have a good season as the main man down at West Ham, though. Worked for him at Rovers. Can see the likes of Arteta and Bentley really kicking off n'all.

Guest optimistic nit

My team is:

Goalkeeper for club with difficult to predict league finish. Concedes a fair few, but saves aplenty and gets MOM points.

Promoted goalkeeper previously proven in Premiership.

Utility defender/midfielder that takes set pieces, recently moved to club with poor defensive form.

Up and coming defender at up and coming club with poor defence. Scores a few.

The best defender for a top 4 club.

Cheap defender at club with poor defensive form whom are expected to do better this season subject to other future signings.

Cheap but influential defender whose low price reflects the difficulty in predicting his club's fortunes.

Best midfielder at a top 4 club.

Workmanlike midfielder for UEFA Cup club who makes intermittent attacking contributions. Very much a form player.

Another form player for a mid table club. Scores some great distance goals.

Promoted midfielder with potential

Influential midfield captain who takes set pieces.

Best striker at a top 4 club

One of the best strikers outside of the top 4, whom is easily replaceable at times of form dip/injury

The next Emile Heskey (when Heskey was good)

I'm having a guess at this...

Given

Bywater

Geremi

Baines

Terry

Edgar/Huntington/Carroll

Woodgate

Zokora?

Matt Taylor

Barnes

Nolan? maybe Lamps or Gerrard

Drogba

Martins

Lita

That all comes to 101. almost pheasable.

Yep, Arteta should provide a fair few points. If tevez does move to Man U then I may well flog him because, as you said, he might not play every week and I'd probably use the spare cash to get Arteta in over Milner or Barry. Bellamy and Diouf should pick up a few red and yellow cards :lol:  ;)

You're right though, Bellamy could hit it off there and then you'll be laughing

I've never done a fantasy league before, so I'm still tinkering with this. It's a work in progress, but this is what I have so far:

http://chris.worldofsinclair.com/eplfantasy.jpg

shame bellamys just left

I've never done a fantasy league before, so I'm still tinkering with this. It's a work in progress, but this is what I have so far:

http://chris.worldofsinclair.com/eplfantasy.jpg

shame bellamys just left

West Ham are in the Premiership you nitwit - he's still going to score points!

i have tevez. mascarino is cheaper than alonso, so could be worth a shot, 6million i believe. i decided to go with alonso for the time being. it'll be interesting to see their midfield in the CL qual 3rd round though.

The reason the likes of Mascherano & Hargreaves are cheap is because they don't get clean-sheet bonuses, don't get many assists, and don't score many. You need to rely on a sh*t load of MotM performances to get any real points.

Changed my team to...

Howard & Niemi = Two good keepers important. Howard first choice, but in weeks where Everton have a tough away game and Fulham have say, Wigan at home, useful to bring in to save points.

Taylor = Player who will nick a few goals.

Bouma = Cheapish player in a side who keeps its share of clean-sheets

Nelson = As above

Terry = Scores goals, and keeps clean-sheets

Parnaby = As with Niemi, handy to put in when say, Newcastle play Chelsea away, and Brum are at home to Derby.

Ronaldo = Scores and makes a load. Points galore guaranteed.

Cahill = Goalscoring midfielder

Gerrard = Makes goals, scores goals, gets MotM performances

Milner = Will get a fair few assists

Muamba = Decent cover

Berbatov = Top quality striker

Tevez = Ditto

Lita = Handy to have when Reading have an home games against mid-table to relegation candidates.

Is this all just for fun and no one is taking it very seriously? I only asked because I'm amazed everyone seems to be happily posting up their teams and giving hints on who to buy and which sort of players to avoid. Do none of you want to win? Everyone will be copying from each other. There's a reason you can't see other people's teams on the fantasy.premierleague.com website until the season starts.

I don't take this league very seriously.  I take the league I'm in with my mates from the pub very fucking seriously, in fact Panorama have been investigating my conduct last season.

Any rate, my teams completely changed since I posted it anyway :lol:

I don't take this league very seriously.  I take the league I'm in with my mates from the pub very f****** seriously, in fact Panorama have been investigating my conduct last season.

Any rate, my teams completely changed since I posted it anyway :lol:

Everyone starts out taking it all with a pinch of salt but then they start reading every teams first 11 on match day, being upset when the likes of Drogba aren't playing and worst of all thinking it would be ok if a certain player in your fantasy team scores against the real NUFC.