Jamie Carragher to quit England.

Newcastle Fan

terry is not half as effective as Rio. Rio has not real weaknesses anymore, concentration problems seem to have been eradicated

If I was a defender and had to pick one of them as a partner I'd chose Terry, if I was a forward and had to go up against one of them I'd chose Ferdinand.  That doesn't make me right but I know which one I'd prefer.

see your point completely

remember a few years back, maybe 2003, a nameless centre-half saying he'd rather face Henry than Shearer. Same sort of thing - at face value Terry seems to be more dominant

Guest Ridzuan

Thats a good news.Steven Taylor will have more opportunities to impress Steve now and to win his spot in the senior team.

If true, it's a poor attitude. The England team needs its squad members as well, and players shouldn't be dropping out just because they're not first choice.

They also serve, who stand and wait.

Guest gggg

I'm suprised it took him so long. Imagine giving up your summer to sit on the bench with Sven and Mcclaren.

Carragher isn't good enough for international football anyway. He's got no technical ability whatsoever.

He's a solid defender and gives 100% which is great in the Premiership but he gets shown up when he plays for England. Can't remember him having a good game at international level.

Thats englands loss big time!they never gave him a proper chance,hes a way better defender than  rio ferdinand!hes not a full back,simple as!!!!

right

heading - Rio

tackling - tie

pace - Rio

Strength - Rio

reading - Rio

technique - Rio

it's no contest, Rio is ten times the defender Carragher could ever be

are you taking the p***! Carragher is younger, stronger, better at tackling! also better at scoring more goals

Thats englands loss big time!they never gave him a proper chance,hes a way better defender than  rio ferdinand!hes not a full back,simple as!!!!

right

heading - Rio

tackling - tie

pace - Rio

Strength - Rio

reading - Rio

technique - Rio

are you taking the p***! Carragher is younger, stronger, better at tackling! also better at scoring more goals

Mate, first Deco and Raul, now Ferdinand and Carragher, you REALLY need to learn ages. If you don't know, instead of bullshitting, use wikipedia or something.

right

heading - Rio

tackling - tie

pace - Rio

Strength - Rio

reading - Rio

technique - Rio

Mate, first Deco and Raul, now Ferdinand and Carragher, you REALLY need to learn ages. If you don't know, instead of bullshitting, use wikipedia or something.

i think i might actually know enough about football already, carragher is better than rio

Guest Dr. Pongle

Thats a good news.Steven Taylor will have more opportunities to impress Steve now and to win his spot in the senior team.

Steven Taylor is over-rated.

Average footballer.

Average footballer.

do you watch him every week like mate?

over-rated my a***!

Guest Dr. Pongle

Average footballer.

do you watch him every week like mate?

over-rated my a***!

Aye - very error prone and makes rash challenges.

The potential and commitment is there, he just needs someone beside him to develop his ability.

Taylor has the potential to be a top class defender, but he's very raw at the moment. Put someone Woodgate-esque alongside him and he could be one of the very best IMO. But, at the moment, he makes mistakes regularly and only his Geordie boy status saves him from criticism.

Guest Dr. Pongle

thats true

he makes silly decisions like to handle the ball when they are going to score in the first place

And goes and fucks the whole game up by getting sent off at home to Birmingham straight after Milner scored, or giving away a pointless freekick for Henry to score from at Arsenal this season, or giving away another pointless freekick for Shittu to score from away to Watford in the Cup.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Taylor has the potential to be a top class defender, but he's very raw at the moment. Put someone Woodgate-esque alongside him and he could be one of the very best IMO. But, at the moment, he makes mistakes regularly and only his Geordie boy status saves him from criticism.

Exactly, they slated Bramble last season when Taylor was as much the culprit too.

Average footballer.

Average footballer?

right

heading - Rio

tackling - tie

pace - Rio

Strength - Rio

reading - Rio

technique - Rio

i think i might actually know enough about football already, carragher is better than rio

:lol: