Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Bruce is clearly mental, or he's going for a 0-0-10 formation next season.

He never stops buying strikers.

Guest Triglett

Honestly think he will do well there, if he can stay fit. 10 goals next season isn't beyond him, and he's proved he can be a good player at several top clubs if his head's right. Absolutely amazed we made a profit on him though. Time to get rid of the other deadwood - it may be a little ambitious, but judging by the current prices, I reckon we can raise an extra £12-13m for Ghaly, Gardner, Murphy and Routledge. That's close to £20m all together, which should comfortably fund moves for SWP and Petrov  :cheesy:

Guest Triglett

Seeing as Lennon is our only winger in the entire squad, no, not really. Maybe we should take a leaf out of Newcastle's book - Duff, Milner, Dyer, N'Zogbia, Geremi, Solano, Luque?

Dyer and Charlie prefer the middle of the park, Geremi can play right back, Milner can play on the left or right, Duff injured for about 4 years. Luque doesnt seem to have a position.

I don't care if Charlie prefers the middle, he's a winger and has been shite when played in the middle.

birmingham have had an offer of £6mil for Mido accepted.

MADNESS!!!!!!

It's crazy that when his stock was high after his loan he cost Spurs £4.5m

Now, after a wretched season where he struggled to even get on the bench his value has gone up! They should have got their money back on him at most

birmingham have had an offer of £6mil for Mido accepted.

MADNESS!!!!!!

When you think they've somehow managed to wrangle £2.1m from Leicester for DJ Campbell though, it's a snip.

Didnt they manage to get 3m or similar for David Dunn? They sell well down there.

Mido for 6m is a joke though. At the rate the markets moving Ramage's value will reach 500k.

Boro have signed Luke Young for £2.5m.

FANTASTIC.. I breath again.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Right, I'll give my two cents worth :cheesy:. With regards to our midfielders, as I have said before, despite the number of midfielders we have bought over the last few years, they are still pretty shocking. We only have one real winger in the whole squad(Jol obviously doesnt rate Routeledge, neither do other managers as he couldn't even get into the fulham or pompey starting 11. I don't like Steed at all) Our aim is to break into the top 4 yet their central midfielders are so much better than ours, its not even funny. Unfortunately, that's where games are won.

With Mido,I'm a bit sad to see him go. He has so much talent but his attitude is surely one of the worst in world football. The clubs he has played for shows his talent but  the number of them already shows his attitude. There are other players out there, like Bowyer, Bellamy, Barton who have appalling attitudes but it doesnt massively affect their football( Bellamy hits Riise with a golf club and then scores against Barcelona). If Mido isnt first choice and the centre of attention, he gains weight, becomes moody, fakes injury. As long as Bruce plays him most games( which he should do as he is far better than their other strikers) and puts in loads of crosses, I have no doubt he will score 10-15 league goals next season. 

Also, 6 million isnt that large an amount in today market. Weren't Chopra and Richardson like 6 million each? I would say Mido, if it werent for his attitude, is far better than those two.