Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Diego is a stunningly good player. Would be an excellent signing imo.

The one thing David Pleat almost got right.  Tried to sign him for Spurs as a 17 year old but fell foul of work permit problems.  Think an Italian grandmother then came out of the cupboard and he now has an EU passport.  Agree he is a superb player, my one reservation would be if he is as good as he always seems to be when I see him, why haven't a really big club gone for him?

That though is a small reservation as whenever I've seen him, he's looked the dogs wotsits.

He'll be at Bremen for another season I reckon, they've got CL. Expect a big team to come in for him then. If City get him now they've done brilliantly. Also would be one of the first players they've signed this summer I've ever seen play :lol:

Guest GAMMELL

Good, now we'll have Jaaskelainen

Dream on, he's too good for Villa.

What, like Gavin McCann and Jloyd Samuel were?

:lol: :lol:

Guest Knightrider

David Moyes is away on "family business"

Rumours he is considering his position due to pitiful transfer funds

I'm not a big fan of Moyes myself, but he has done very well at Everton and appears to be the ideal manager for your club in current circumstances. Everton are a big club for me, but only in name now (not a dig BTW), so in many ways, he's done exceptionally well at times for you. If you do lose him, I doubt you'd find a more suitable manager. It is hard for Everton, so much needs done and although a rich new owner could do well, there is that shadow called Liverpool and the new stadium issue that must frighten off investors. I think yous could be left behind unless something drastic happens.

As for Sven, you have to give him credit for getting in so many players in such a short spell and while money helps of course, his contacts and reputation have been the deciding factor in my opinion. However, they are shelling out a lot of money and no doubt wages on a lot of unknowns or unproven players. If they are all to gel and do well, it will take time and lots of it so I wouldn't be singing his or their praises just yet. This time last year people were saying West Ham could challenge for the top 6 and look what happened to them. The Premiership isn't easy. He and they should do well longer term mind, although I think money and reputation alone won't get you into the top 4, which is what will be demanded of Sven and City after such a huge outlay, maybe not this season, but next and beyond. And I doubt any club can break the top 4 for a long while yet, Newcastle included. It will take a mighty crash at either of the top 4 before that happens in my opinion. Of course one team can gatecrash the party as ourselves and Everton have done most recently, but to stay there, that's the hardest part which we've found out to our cost, again it ain't easy.

Sven, City's spending and all these new wonderfully exotic sounding names will add to the Premiership though which promises to be really interesting (for a change) this coming season.

I thought they had already signed him :undecided:

Yeah, the assistent manager wanted him and signed him withouth Steve Bruces permission, then Bruce got mad because Ghaly is shit and sent him home again. Then he felt sorry for the assistent and signed him himself.

Or something like that  :coolsmiley:

Birmingham pull out of deal to sign Ghaly.

Absolutely gutted.  Is there another manager out there like Bruce who thought ghastly is worth £3m?  Don't think so.

Best midfielder since Huddlestone tbh.

Guest Knightrider

Birmingham pull out of deal to sign Ghaly.

Absolutely gutted.  Is there another manager out there like Bruce who thought ghastly is worth £3m?  Don't think so.

Best midfielder since Huddlestone tbh.

That Spurs forum actually compared him to some class player whose name now escapes me, I remember reading it and laughing my tits off, all down to a goal scored against Chelsea in the cup :lol:

I thought they had already signed him :undecided:

Yeah, the assistent manager wanted him and signed him withouth Steve Bruces permission, then Bruce got mad because Ghaly is s*** and sent him home again. Then he felt sorry for the assistent and signed him himself.

Or something like that  :coolsmiley:

Didn't that happen to Brian Clough once?

His assistant (Peter Taylor) brought someone in, and on his first day of training, Clough said "What the f*** are you doing here, you're s***."

Afonso Alves hasn't turned up for pre-season with Heerenveen. Top scorer in Europe last season I think. He's for the off. Wonder where he's going.  ???

In other news, Palermo coach says Mark Bresciano is almost certain to be sold. Heavily linked with City...most of the shitty websites are putting 2+2 together and coming up with "Bresciano set for Manchester City, Palermo confirm" or some such bollox. Another player I don't know but the Aussie members of mancityfans.net are not impressed.  ???

And...in other news...Elano gets the hump about not getting the #11 shirt. He's wearing #29 for his debut tomorrow, but there's a story on the official website about its definetly not going to be his number for the new season so no fucker better buy an Elano 29 shirt. In other words, matter of time before Darius Vassell is offski. :tumbleweed:

Guest mpidis

Real Madrid to sign Ballack and Robben for combined 40 million fee according to Marca

If Real Madrid are gonna give 40 million only for Ballack(that's what i read somewhere),then they have officialy lost their mind.Oh btw,it's nice to be here.A very good fansite.Liverpool supporter here from Greece.

Guest midget

His mother passed away.

His mother passed away.

Yeah, I read that on another site a while ago (although it hasn't been confirmed yet)

There's still a lot of talk about him being unhappy though

Guest midget

His mother passed away.

Yeah, I read that on another site a while ago (although it hasn't been confirmed yet)

its true. and beattie has signed for sheff utd. baines will be an everton player in the next 48 hours.

His mother passed away.

:lol:

:blush: