Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8004/1018117726c3c5f4ada0mx9.jpg

Mark Bresciano spotted at CoMS yesterday.

Anyone know much about him...? Is he any good? He's rather ominously been referred to as the "Australian Sibierski" by one not-too-impressed Aussie City fan. :kasper:

He's been playing 'reasonably' in SerieA for a few years now, originally at Parma iirc, not sure where he is now.

Anyone know much about him...? Is he any good? He's rather ominously been referred to as the "Australian Sibierski" by one not-too-impressed Aussie City fan. :kasper:

He's been playing 'reasonably' in SerieA for a few years now, originally at Parma iirc, not sure where he is now.

Palermo?

Was just flicking through the internet and found this...

ROY KEANE will move for his ex-Manchester United team-mate Andy Cole in the next 48 hours. 

Sport of the World understands Sunderland boss Keane contacted the Portsmouth hitman earlier this week.

But the free transfer was held up as Cole, 35, thrashed out a six-figure pay-off from Pompey.

That has now been resolved and Cole is expecting to sign a one-year deal worth £32,000 a week with the possible option of a further 12 months. The ex-England ace has spent a frustrating year at Fratton Park since his £500,000 switch from Manchester City.

But Keane is convinced Cole can once again form a profitable partnership with Dwight Yorke after their Old Trafford success.

A close friend of Cole's said: "Andrew is quite surprised by Roy's interest but he didn't have to think too long about making a decision.

"He thinks Sunderland are going places."

Couldn't help laughing at that last bit ;D

I'd actually be happy about that deal.  I was dissapointed when Birmingham got him last season.  For me Cole has exactly what Sunderland need.  Experience and a knack for scoring goals.  188 goals in the Premership is a fantastic record.

Indeed it is, but that was quite a long time ago, wasn't it?

I guess it depends how he is going to be used. If as back up for when you need to stick a body up front, then yes it makes sense. If as any more than that then, hmmmmm....

I'm hopeful that he would replace the woeful Stern John, as our 3rd/4th striker, as had we had Cole on the pitch instead of John in pre-season, I'm certain he would have had a hatfull given the amount of sitters John missed.  I'd also hope he could help bring on some of the younger strikers at the club.

Apparently, we are also after Mido now, which would bolster our attacking options if he could contain his temprement.  As he can be a good player when he's fully focused.

He's shite.

I'll be gutted if you sign Fernandes though.

lol, he was on the bench alot @ the world cup for them I think, but i just remember wondering why he wasn't starting. Always looked quite promising.

Vaguest review ever, but thats as good as my memory is these days.

If Everton sign Baines & the guy from Porto they really do have a canny useful team.

I'll eat my hat if we sign Lucho Gonzalez tbh.

I think it's another in the long line of dodgy bids- Shearer, Collymore, Sutton, Smith & Owen where we know another club is after them and offer less then say to the fans "Well we tried to sign some top players..."

Then the money mysteriously disappears e.g. £7m bid for Alan Smith then buy Marcus Bent for 500k

If Everton sign Baines & the guy from Porto they really do have a canny useful team.

I'll eat my hat if we sign Lucho Gonzalez tbh.

I think it's another in the long line of dodgy bids- Shearer, Collymore, Sutton, Smith & Owen where we know another club is after them and offer less then say to the fans "Well we tried to sign some top players..."

Then the money mysteriously disappears e.g. £7m bid for Alan Smith then buy Marcus Bent for 500k

I've said it about ourselves this season and it goes with Everton even more so, you need to spend just to keep up. A lot of ground work has been put in at your club, its been gradually creeping forward over the last few seasons, but doing nothing this summer will probably cost you 5 places in the league.

One player or possibly two at a time is the best way Everton can go right now. These two would keep you in contention for where you finished last season, maybe higher as you've not had to deal with so many changes, about time Everton took a gamble in the transfer market, i think Moyes deserves it by now, and could possibly walk in the near future if he finds himself not backed to the standard he thinks the club needs and can possibly afford (like our manager with Bolton)

I watched your boys against Palace yesterday, and whilst a pre-season friendly is nothing to go by, you really struggled to impress.

I always thought you're defensive unit was rock solid but you looked pretty vulnerable at times.

If Palace had anyone better than Scowcroft/Morrison up front they would probably have beaten you.

That said, the only player to stand out was Tom Watson (CM - Palace) and a Centre Half they've just signed looked decent - so they weren't outstanding either.

Some of your players were just strolling (Carsley, Hibbitt etc) mind so, like I say, it's probably unfair to slam them.

You seemed to need a playmaker/partner for AJ. Someone who can change a game but with a bit of work rate. Maybe Cahill would've made a difference. I said to the lads I was with, someone like a Milner would make a massive difference to the Toffees.

Anichebe looked a bit like Shola. I'm sure it must have just been an off day for him. Nobody deserves that kind of comparison!!

I can see how Baines would really improve your left side though and think he'd be worth the outlay.

Good luck for the season ahead.

I watched your boys against Palace yesterday, and whilst a pre-season friendly is nothing to go by, you really struggled to impress.

I always thought you're defensive unit was rock solid but you looked pretty vulnerable at times.

If Palace had anyone better than Scowcroft/Morrison up front they would probably have beaten you.

That said, the only player to stand out was Tom Watson (CM - Palace) and a Centre Half they've just signed looked decent - so they weren't outstanding either.

Some of your players were just strolling (Carsley, Hibbitt etc) mind so, like I say, it's probably unfair to slam them.

You seemed to need a playmaker/partner for AJ. Someone who can change a game but with a bit of work rate. Maybe Cahill would've made a difference. I said to the lads I was with, someone like a Milner would make a massive difference to the Toffees.

Anichebe looked a bit like Shola. I'm sure it must have just been an off day for him. Nobody deserves that kind of comparison!!

I can see how Baines would really improve your left side though and think he'd be worth the outlay.

You must have been bored stiff, are your mates Palace fans? It was a bad game

I thought Anichebe was ok myself, he's still young and raw but he caused them more problems than Johnson did who was disappointing for me. He hasn't had a good game for a while tbh. The centre half you mentioned handled him quite easy, young Portuguese lad.

Baines is needed because Valente is too old now and we don't have any other left back at the club.

Agree about Milner, he would be good for us as would pretty much any proper winger. We haven't got one in the whole squad.

Nice one :thup:

I've said it about ourselves this season and it goes with Everton even more so, you need to spend just to keep up. A lot of ground work has been put in at your club, its been gradually creeping forward over the last few seasons, but doing nothing this summer will probably cost you 5 places in the league.

One player or possibly two at a time is the best way Everton can go right now. These two would keep you in contention for where you finished last season, maybe higher as you've not had to deal with so many changes, about time Everton took a gamble in the transfer market, i think Moyes deserves it by now, and could possibly walk in the near future if he finds himself not backed to the standard he thinks the club needs and can possibly afford (like our manager with Bolton)

I agree with your post and Moyes does deserve it, rumours he is unhappy with his lot.

You must have been bored stiff, are your mates Palace fans? It was a bad game

I thought Anichebe was ok myself, he's still young and raw but he caused them more problems than Johnson did who was disappointing for me. He hasn't had a good game for a while tbh. The centre half you mentioned handled him quite easy, young Portuguese lad.

Baines is needed because Valente is too old now and we don't have any other left back at the club.

Agree about Milner, he would be good for us as would pretty much any proper winger. We haven't got one in the whole squad.

Nice one :thup:

I agree with your post and Moyes does deserve it, rumours he is unhappy with his lot.

Yes Mate - the lads I was with were mainly Palace fans and one Everton fan. Oh, and yes - bored shitless.

Awful game.

I have been impressed by Anichebe previously, really impressed actually, but he didn't do much for me yesterday. Agree that AJ strolled through the game.

That Portuguese CB did look very composed mind. Might keep an eye on him and Tom Watson, who reminded me very much of Steve Sidwell - and not just because they're both Ginga's!

All the best.

Guest trotter58

i think Moyes deserves it by now, and could possibly walk in the near future if he finds himself not backed to the standard he thinks the club needs and can possibly afford (like our manager with Bolton)

Really? I thought Allardyce left Bolton because he 'needed a break from football', or did he just make that up?

i think Moyes deserves it by now, and could possibly walk in the near future if he finds himself not backed to the standard he thinks the club needs and can possibly afford (like our manager with Bolton)

Really? I thought Allardyce left Bolton because he 'needed a break from football', or did he just make that up?

:lol:

A long break wasn't it?  :lol:

No financial support from the board again was enough to see him walk, Sammy Lee will be less demanding and will just appreciate being in a job.

Guest trotter58

No financial support from the board again was enough to see him walk,

Ironic then that he ends up at a club that no longer appear to have the money to match his ambitions. How long do you give him before he throws his dummy out of the pram again?

Guest Ridzuan

Bresciano is a great player.He would be a great buy for Man City.It would be great to see another Aussie in the premiership.

No financial support from the board again was enough to see him walk,

Ironic then that he ends up at a club that no longer appear to have the money to match his ambitions. How long do you give him before he throws his dummy out of the pram again?

Has he?

Couple of more players and we've had a rather excellent summer spending spree, while your lot mug about scraping the barrel.

Daniel Braaten  Undisclosed  Rosenborg ???

Heidar Helguson Undisclosed Fulham  :lol:

Dzemaili Undisclosed FC Zurich ???

Gavin McCann £ 1,000,000 Aston Villa  mackems.gif

Jlloyd Samuel Free Transfer Aston Villa  mackems.gif

Vs

Alan Smith  £ 6,000,000  Man Utd

Claudio Cacapa Free Transfer Lyon

Geremi Free Transfer Chelsea

David Rozehnal £ 2,900,000 Paris St Germain

Joey Barton £ 5,800,000 Manchester City

Mark Viduka Free Transfer Middlesbrough

Possibly Enrique (£4m) & drago (£2.5m) in the next few days.

You call what he did spitting the dummy? After all that time and effort bringing such a shitty club into EPL and keeping it there. Ungrateful fuker.