Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Right, I'll give my two cents worth :cheesy:. With regards to our midfielders, as I have said before, despite the number of midfielders we have bought over the last few years, they are still pretty shocking. We only have one real winger in the whole squad(Jol obviously doesnt rate Routeledge, neither do other managers as he couldn't even get into the fulham or pompey starting 11. I don't like Steed at all) Our aim is to break into the top 4 yet their central midfielders are so much better than ours, its not even funny. Unfortunately, that's where games are won.

With Mido,I'm a bit sad to see him go. He has so much talent but his attitude is surely one of the worst in world football. The clubs he has played for shows his talent but  the number of them already shows his attitude. There are other players out there, like Bowyer, Bellamy, Barton who have appalling attitudes but it doesnt massively affect their football( Bellamy hits Riise with a golf club and then scores against Barcelona). If Mido isnt first choice and the centre of attention, he gains weight, becomes moody, fakes injury. As long as Bruce plays him most games( which he should do as he is far better than their other strikers) and puts in loads of crosses, I have no doubt he will score 10-15 league goals next season. 

Also, 6 million isnt that large an amount in today market. Weren't Chopra and Richardson like 6 million each? I would say Mido, if it werent for his attitude, is far better than those two.

Fancy a bet we'll finish above you?

Right, I'll give my two cents worth :cheesy:. With regards to our midfielders, as I have said before, despite the number of midfielders we have bought over the last few years, they are still pretty shocking. We only have one real winger in the whole squad(Jol obviously doesnt rate Routeledge, neither do other managers as he couldn't even get into the fulham or pompey starting 11. I don't like Steed at all) Our aim is to break into the top 4 yet their central midfielders are so much better than ours, its not even funny. Unfortunately, that's where games are won.

With Mido,I'm a bit sad to see him go. He has so much talent but his attitude is surely one of the worst in world football. The clubs he has played for shows his talent but  the number of them already shows his attitude. There are other players out there, like Bowyer, Bellamy, Barton who have appalling attitudes but it doesnt massively affect their football( Bellamy hits Riise with a golf club and then scores against Barcelona). If Mido isnt first choice and the centre of attention, he gains weight, becomes moody, fakes injury. As long as Bruce plays him most games( which he should do as he is far better than their other strikers) and puts in loads of crosses, I have no doubt he will score 10-15 league goals next season. 

Also, 6 million isnt that large an amount in today market. Weren't Chopra and Richardson like 6 million each? I would say Mido, if it werent for his attitude, is far better than those two.

Jesus, Parky, you're obviously a bit flush, mate.

Jesus, Parky, you're obviously a bit flush, mate.

I've technically banked your £50 already spar. :laugh2:   Just the small matter of getting a few games out the way.

Pepe to Real. Euro 30m they say. Competing for that illusive best defender in the world tag.

Player profile: Pepe

Full name: Kepler Laveran Lima Ferreira

Position: Defender

Date of Birth: 26 February 1983

Birthplace: Maceio, Brazil

Born in Brazil, Kepler Laveran Lima Ferreira, known simply as Pepe, is an immensely strong centre-back who appears set to claim his place among the world’s finest defenders.

He is practically unbeatable in one-on-one situations, dominant in the air and is one of the fastest defenders in Europe. It therefore came as no surprise that Pepe wasted little time in stepping into the shoes of the retired Jorge Costa to become the undisputed boss of FC Porto’s defence.

Training in the sand and sea

There is an interesting explanation behind how Pepe honed many of his considerable attributes. He acquired his remarkable speed by running, day after day, on the sandy Brazilian beaches while he was still a promising junior.

Likewise, his dominance in the air is not an innate gift, but was perfected over years during his childhood when he was forced to go into the sea and jump with a weight strapped to his legs by his demanding father. "

Always hated Jorge Costa after George Weah broke his nose the racist prick.

Weah all time hero status...Should let him run Africa. :razz:

I'd let him run the world tbh.

If he wanted reparations I'd give him them without doubt.

Fredrik Ljungberg has signed for West Ham. For a fee of £3.5m. 60K/week...

Well, he hasn't signed just left Arsenals training camp to undergo a medical at West Ham.

WHU played against Lazio yesterday and lost 2-0, Bellamy and Parker both played the full 90 min and Bowyer was taken off in the 65th minute..

Don't get your hopes up - not one of our transfers has been reported in the papers so far (well, Rolando Bianchi did, but only after the Reggina president confirmed we had made a bid). The Swedish papers also linked us to swedes Johan Elmander, Christian Wilhelmsson, Freddie Ljungberg, hell even Zlatan Imbrahimovic ( :idiot2:) - 0 for 4 so far. Don't get me started on the Mirror and associated shite in this country. As they said once upon a time - Loose lips sink ships - we've tightened right up, don't believe any transfer rumours you read about City until there is something concrete.

And on the Dyer rumour in particular - Sven ruled out a move for Ljungberg after widespread rumours that he was going to make a £6m bid because he's too old. Wants younger players. Dyer is only 20 months younger.

Dyer to City? Pinch of salt.

Well, he hasn't signed just left Arsenals training camp to undergo a medical at West Ham.

WHU played against Lazio yesterday and lost 2-0, Bellamy and Parker both played the full 90 min and Bowyer was taken off in the 65th minute..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6911613.stm

Done.

Done.

Dyer to Arsenal as Ljungberg's replacement?!

Done.

i hope so!

Done.

i hope so!

I HOPE NOT!

jesus christ, we need two wingers now, although Ljungberg was shit, he was still a player.!!!

Done.

i hope so!

I HOPE NOT!

jesus christ, we need two wingers now, although Ljungberg was shit, he was still a player.!!!

Think he might use Eboue on the wing? You've bought a new right-back and Eboue wasn't up to much going backwards IMO. Walcott there too, almost a new player considering how little he has played...